Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #3053
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Dude if I paid you could you build me a PC? Like I'd paypal you parts + labor and you build it and ship it?

Btw just got the call regarding the SS, approved! Just gotta get my stock suspension back on friday. If all goes smoothly I'll be in the ss saturday afternoon.
Congratz on the upgrade man!
Old 06-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #3054
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
I develop, mod, and theme for Android (well, not so much actively anymore) in my spare time. So yes, if you need anything Android related, I'm your guy.
Awesome !
Old 06-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #3055
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Dude if I paid you could you build me a PC? Like I'd paypal you parts + labor and you build it and ship it?

Btw just got the call regarding the SS, approved! Just gotta get my stock suspension back on friday. If all goes smoothly I'll be in the ss saturday afternoon.
Congrats man! Hate to lose you from the V6 scene, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I've built my own last couple PCs, and some for friends or family...nothing serious and I haven't for a long while. But unless you are aiming for a specific high end gaming rig or something like that, its not as cost efficient to build a PC as it used to be. Hell you can go get a decent fullsize tower with an i5 processor for 450 - 550 and throw in a decent graphics card for 150 - 200 and you are set for gaming...again unless you want to game at very high resolutions with all the goodies turned on. Guys that want that usually will go for the best quality RAM, SSD, and a current high end GC along with an i7 processor or something like that, but that gets costly and isn't worth it to me.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #3056
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:

What'd you have suspension wise in the v6?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #3057
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Congrats man! Hate to lose you from the V6 scene, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I've built my own last couple PCs, and some for friends or family...nothing serious and I haven't for a long while. But unless you are aiming for a specific high end gaming rig or something like that, its not as cost efficient to build a PC as it used to be. Hell you can go get a decent fullsize tower with an i5 processor for 450 - 550 and throw in a decent graphics card for 150 - 200 and you are set for gaming...again unless you want to game at very high resolutions with all the goodies turned on. Guys that want that usually will go for the best quality RAM, SSD, and a current high end GC along with an i7 processor or something like that, but that gets costly and isn't worth it to me.
Yeah I just went with a basic HP with an i5, several years old now. But upgraded to a massive NVIDIA graphics card, upgraded the power supply and switched over to a SSD. Not that much invested in it and I get great FPS in the games I play.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #3058
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

I had to get the rig I have to run my statistics suites. Would take forever on anything less. Still takes hours to crunch some scenarios.

Never played any games on PC so I don't know anything about video cards or anything .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #3059
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
I run the Driod Razr Maxx, battery life is great. Plenty of Apps and bluetooths to the Camaro.
16/16 Giga bytes
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #3060
Andy90

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS convertible
New Here

Hi all, new here..
Dont know much about mechanics, but im proud owner of a v6 camaro. want to start having a play around with my car. any ideas on what things i could start with? im not after much power increase although i wouldnt say no just want to make it sound nicer (i have a borla axle back exhaust fitted, although im tempted to get the mufflers removed, advisable?) Also want to make it stand out a bit more.
Andy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #3061
Andy90

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS convertible

Here is my bad boy..
Andy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #3062
FireCracker
Banned

Drives: a car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy90 View Post

Here is my bad boy..
Looks nice! Congrats!! Just bought my v6 yesterday so I know how you feel!
FireCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #3063
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
That's a gorgeous car. Must not be very many of them out in Spain huh?

You could always start with a CAI. I knew absolutely nothing about cars until I joined here. Slowly you start to learn. A CAI is a great starting point if you want to mod

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #3064
FireCracker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
That's a gorgeous car. Must not be very many of them out in Spain huh?

You could always start with a CAI. I knew absolutely nothing about cars until I joined here. Slowly you start to learn. A CAI is a great starting point if you want to mod
CAI is always a good starter, not too expensive..

Try this info out:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135705
Old 06-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #3065
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:

First off congrats on the upgrade. Second like others stated previously unless you plan to go all out for a gaming PC its not really worth it to build your own. With the new i series chips out there most off the shelf computers are pretty quick with very minor work done to them. Heck I just read on an article that a company was able to over clock a fourth gen (Haswell) i7 3.5Ghz (not 100% sure on the number but know it was in the 3.X range) to 6.3 Ghz. Granted a lot of work had to be done and they had to use liquid nitrogen because no heat sink or fan would be able to cool that much but it goes to show how well these i series chips are built. But personally if I was building my own computer I would consider a AMD chip over an Intel one because they are a little cheaper and you can get a chip with more cores through AMD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCracker View Post
So I've got the manual down pretty well.. Enough to go crusin' with Adam on highways haha. Just gotta practice more on hills lol.
Nice. You will get the hang of it just takes some practice. These M6 V6s are much more simpler to drive than the LS3. I remember when I was learning a few years ago and I was just terrified to go anywhere near a hill. Still to this day there are two hills that I will avoid in my area though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy90 View Post
Hi all, new here..
Dont know much about mechanics, but im proud owner of a v6 camaro. want to start having a play around with my car. any ideas on what things i could start with? im not after much power increase although i wouldnt say no just want to make it sound nicer (i have a borla axle back exhaust fitted, although im tempted to get the mufflers removed, advisable?) Also want to make it stand out a bit more.
Congrats on the new Camaro. I doubt there are many of them in Spain. But i would not recommend taking mufflers off on a V6. They tend to get very obnoxious and start to sound pretty bad as you accelerate. As stated above a CAI intake is a pretty good start to modding. Then maybe some Long Tube headers But how difficult is it to get aftermarket parts all the way to spain?
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #3066
FireCracker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Nice. You will get the hang of it just takes some practice. These M6 V6s are much more simpler to drive than the LS3. I remember when I was learning a few years ago and I was just terrified to go anywhere near a hill. Still to this day there are two hills that I will avoid in my area though
Thanks! Yeah last night I drove home for the first time and I went out of my way to miss a hill LOL! Especially because there was a police officer in the turning lane.. How embarrassing haha! So I was like.. Eh, maybe tomorrow