Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-03-2010, 08:58 PM   #15
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
If you feel it is misinfo then I guess Little_bank_robber dosent know what she's talkin about because she verified this info earlier today. BTW she's one of the top dealers on the boards.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #16
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
If you feel it is misinfo then I guess Little_bank_robber dosent know what she's talkin about because she verified this info earlier today. BTW she's one of the top dealers on the boards.
Yep... she doesn't know what she's talking about.... ask Camaro Scotty he's a top dealer too...

all she knows is it doesn't come from her dealership which is true...
Old 02-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #17
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_bank_robber View Post
Actually, you can get $1,000 off Camaro purchase if you (or someone in your household) owns or leases a Pontiac or Saturn. A THOUSAND BUCKS!!

(cannot be combined with the USAA $750 discount)
Here's another mis-statement from your dealer... the USAA discount CAN be combined with ANY other discount... This is because the discount comes from USAA and not GM...

Not your fault... she just isn't fully informed...
Old 02-03-2010, 09:32 PM   #18
Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Yep... she doesn't know what she's talking about.... ask Camaro Scotty he's a top dealer too...

all she knows is it doesn't come from her dealership which is true...
Explain this to me:

Read Fine print #1 at the bottom of the page on this link, its from the GM Discounts site:

https://www.exclusivegmoffer.com/GMP...tary_flyer.pdf

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Mercury Sable
Old 02-03-2010, 09:38 PM   #19
Blade

Oh and I just realized this:

So I am done wasting my time on this thread. Good luck to the OP.

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Mercury Sable
Old 02-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #20
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

Drives: '13 Caddy ATS, '10 2SS/RS ABM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Well it depends on how lucky you can get right now Scrappy. I joined USAA as a civilian, so I don't have a member ID card. Those cards are only given to former military and government employees. You can also use your proof of insurance or loan docs for the discount, but you can't have either of those products with USAA if you are joining as a civilian. Unfortunately, the requirements aren't made by the dealers its GM. GM gives them the money as rebate for discounting us. My guess is that so many people used the discount last year, that GM has established this cutoff.

Now if you get lucky your dealer might not know this and will give you the discount or your dealer is willing to eat it come GM audit time and gives you the discount anyway. Currently I am SOL, because my dealer knows whats required, he's trying to see if I can still use my profile page, but chances are slim.

You can read the discussion between me and Anna in the February Incentives thread.

Good luck to you!
Quote:
A lot of mis-information here...

First off... if you have a Checking Acct established all you need to do is log into the USAA website... go to your member profile page and print it out. It contains your USAA member number associated w/ your name and other info. I don't have a clue where my card is anymore. Just printed it out at the dealership as many others have done.

Next... this discount has nothing to do with GM and everything to do w/ USAA. No reason you should be denied unless your dealer is totally clueless. GM or dealer does not fund this rebate... USAA does.

There are many threads on this if you don't believe me...
Sorry mlee, Blade is right on with his original post. I work for GM and deal with incentives everyday and your post is the misinformation. The program eligibility rules were recently changed to tighten things up as Blade correctly posted. You can no longer use the screen print of the USAA member profile page to qualify for this discount. You need to have a hard membership card, show proof of insurance with USAA or show proof of a USAA loan to qualify. A few other docs can qualify you as well. The reason GM (not USAA) tightened it up was too many people were signing up as a civilian member just to get the $750 with no prior relationship to USAA or intention of ever having a future relationship in any way with USAA.

The $750 and $1000 total loss USAA benefits were negotiated by GM and USAA as a benefit of USAA membership. Don't kid yourself, GM is paying for this, not USAA. If you added up the money it costs GM to do this, it would make your head spin. No way USAA does this on their own. Without the profit in the car, there's no way for them to fund this without breaking the bank. Yes...pun intended.

This is a good relationship for both GM and USAA. That's why it was tightened up and not discontinued. USAA helps market the incentive to it's membership and, in doing so, provides a valuable benefit. GM gets access to USAA's members and provides an incentive to build and retain market share with military families, a subset of the population that we have traditionally done very well with and one the imports are targeting. GM never intended for civilians with no prior USAA relationship to have broad access to this discount. If we did, we would have called it a rebate and given it to everyone upfront. Much easier to do and communicate.

Last year, a few enterprising dealers figured out a loophole (the easy online signup and instant membership page screen print) and exploited it to pickup an easy $750 for their customer. The dealers were doing exactly what I would do in their place. They're trying to sell as many cars as possible and get their customers qualified for all available incentives in the process. They were doing this within the guidelines GM published. Nothing wrong with that at all. Unfortunately for the dealers that figured this out, the loophole spread like wildfire on the web, the incentive got overused and it went over budget. When GM research the situation, the loophole was discovered and GM closed it. The incentive is now operating as it was originally intended.

To all who got the USAA $750 last year, great timing and congrats. More money for mods! To current USAA members, GM is still happy to offer you the incentive and thank you for your service to our country. To everyone else, we hope you understand why GM did this as we try to use our incentive budget efficiently so we can plow more money into our products.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:56 PM   #21
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

Quote:
Here's another mis-statement from your dealer... the USAA discount CAN be combined with ANY other discount... This is because the discount comes from USAA and not GM...

Not your fault... she just isn't fully informed...
Not always true...the USAA is a private offer from GM and there are some offers out there from time to time that it cannot be combined with.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:11 PM   #22
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
Not always true...the USAA is a private offer from GM and there are some offers out there from time to time that it cannot be combined with.
Thanks for the corrections Hopper... Your paragraph about USAA negotiating w/ GM on this is exactly the way USAA does business... Lots of good deals through them due to these business practices.

I stand corrected.... I see the print but I have not seen one discount that it cannot be combined with and NO DEALER should refuse this discount to a bonified member.

Like I said above this had to be getting a bit un-ethical since people were just signing up and getting the discount.

Lucky for me Blade made his last post and totally showed his A$$ LOL...

It does say private offer... I guess that's what they negotiated.
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2010, 10:16 PM   #23
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Oh Yeah... the specific 1,000 offer she refers to in the other thread can be combined w/ the $750. The cool car buying service on the USAA site add's these two into the guaranteed price of the car and sends it to the dealer...
Old 02-03-2010, 10:42 PM   #24
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

Quote:
Oh Yeah... the specific 1,000 offer she refers to in the other thread can be combined w/ the $750. The cool car buying service on the USAA site add's these two into the guaranteed price of the car and sends it to the dealer...
As many dealers will tell you, the incentive stackability rules are confusing. I agree with you that no incentive should be refused to a customer by a dealer if they are qualified for it. It doesn't cost them anything except the cost of money "float" as they wait for GM to reimburse them.

The term "Private Offer" is the key here. Each customer is only entitled to 1 private offer per deal, so USAA cannot be combined with other private offers that we may offer other organizations, even if the customer is a member of both. Private offers are usually also not stackable with what we call a standalone APR. These are the blockbuster 0% for 60 or 72 month offers (and the like) we do from time to time. Nothing stacks with them except GM Card and hard discounts like employee, supplier or military pricing. For the most part though, everything else we do is combinable with USAA.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:00 PM   #25
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
As many dealers will tell you, the incentive stackability rules are confusing. I agree with you that no incentive should be refused to a customer by a dealer if they are qualified for it. It doesn't cost them anything except the cost of money "float" as they wait for GM to reimburse them.

The term "Private Offer" is the key here. Each customer is only entitled to 1 private offer per deal, so USAA cannot be combined with other private offers that we may offer other organizations, even if the customer is a member of both. Private offers are usually also not stackable with what we call a standalone APR. These are the blockbuster 0% for 60 or 72 month offers (and the like) we do from time to time. Nothing stacks with them except GM Card and hard discounts like employee, supplier or military pricing. For the most part though, everything else we do is combinable with USAA.
Thanks a bunch... I TOTALLY understand now.

Things have changed since last years offer expired. So now a simple Checking/Savings account sign-up will not do the trick unless they have full membership qualifications, which means they have a physical card or insurance.

I don't think GM understood that USAA had opened up membership to non-military. I didn't know it either until I kept hearing folks in here signing up, so I just told them about the print out page and it worked, until now.

It's great that the loophole is fixed ...

Thanks again for all the great information!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 11:15 PM   #26
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Ill admit that I was kind of peeved to hear that some people where exploiting the USAA membership deal to get the extra money off the car.

To me, USAA just isnt a bank or credit union. They have literally helped me out on countless occasions from FREE retirement information, outstanding real estate help, awesome stock market consultation and above all great customer service.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:15 AM   #27
cajun2010

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
i agree with bballr, i think its sad that people are signing up to get a discount on a car.
I am a proud veteran and i cant be more happy with my auto insurance.
Great company, but its sad that a non-veteran exploit their generosity to veterans for a measly $750.
Can us veterans have something to ourselves? Oh yeah, when you see a vet, shake their damn hand. They did the job, regardless of what job, that many Americans would never do.

Thanks to all the vets on here. You better believe when my Camaro comes in, i'll have my Navy veteran license plate in, and i'm only 30 yrs old and proud to be a vet.
cajun2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:54 AM   #28
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
[QUOTE=bballr4567;1446796]Ill admit that I was kind of peeved to hear that some people where exploiting the USAA membership deal to get the extra money off the car.
QUOTE]

I didn't exploit the membership. I called USAA before I joined. I said "I am not in the military nor have I ever been and I want to make sure it is still okay for me to join. I do not want to be in any way dishonest about joining." The woman at USAA said yes, I can join, but I don't have access to all of their programs. I was very forthright when I joined and was not in any way deceitful. When I filled out the online forms I never indicated that I was military. I joined as "other."

After I signed up online, I got an email confirmation which I printed out. It had my membership number on it. I took that to my dealer and I got the discount. I do not see that getting this discount hurt anyone. I'm sure GM and my dealer still made money on the car and I was able to buy a Camaro that I may not have otherwise been able to afford. Besides, after finding out about USAA, I think I may use some of their services that I didn't even know about before.

I very much appreciate the work and risk that our military folks take on for me and the country. My father was a WWII veteran and my grandfather was a highly-decorated WWI veteran. Thanks for all you do.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote