Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-12-2015, 08:07 PM   #85
Jpnyhc1le

Drives: 2013 camaro 1ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryv6 View Post
Does Ford's mustang with the track option state it anywhere on the car? I have not seen any badges to say it does. Why, because it's still a freaking 5.0 but with a track option. The SS with 1LE option is just aSS with a track suspension, wrap and wheels nothing more. Glad we all feel so special about the options our cars have. Whoopty do!
if snobbism is a real thing, i think this post defines it lol

Jpnyhc1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:09 PM   #86
Jpnyhc1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I honestly can't see any other reason to put 1LE on your car other than to let non car people know you have something different than a standard model. You know it is it one, any respectable car human knows it too. Nothing wrong with letting people know yours is just a little more special than most. It's all good.
I may get a G80 sticker put on all of my service trucks to let people know they have lockers. Lol
lol

Old 08-12-2015, 08:11 PM   #87
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Google is your friend. I thought our dance was over, guess you're still trying to lead.
Old 08-12-2015, 09:47 PM   #88
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
I get crap for putting RS badges on my car all the time from people like some of the posters in this thread and there's always someone who comes along and says why do you care what he does to his car as long as it's tasteful and not like some say SS badging on a V6 but i still get crap for my little RS badge which has nothing to do with performance or really trying to make it seem like it's more then it is.
If not trying to make it more than what it is, then why add a badge it didn't come with if it isn't really an RS?

::stirring the pot::

So if someone changed the lights and wheels on a 2LT- is it then an RS? Well there's the body color antenna...
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:20 PM   #89
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
Don't forget the grille, spoiler and body color roof ditch molding
hmmm... will have to take another look at the grille on my 15... didn't realize it was different. I didn't get the RS because I planned to change every single one of those things... except the antenna. Every antenna replacement we do, the customers always opt out of painting them- and I like mine in black better. Ah well.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 05:00 PM   #90
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Despite the badges, I still get people telling me that they like my Mustang!
What do we have here, looks like an: automatic, Roush, BOSS GT, nice sounding V6 special.
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2015, 05:08 PM   #91
Joseph1LE

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE, 2001 Camaro SS
Trying to make your out to be something that it's not with badges and whatnot is definitely one of my pet-peeves.

Interesting to see some 1LE hate in here as well...

2015 Camaro SS 1LE- sold
2001 Camaro SS SOM M6- sold
1999 Firebird Formula A4- sold
Joseph1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 06:23 PM   #92
Jpnyhc1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph1LE View Post
Trying to make your out to be something that it's not with badges and whatnot is definitely one of my pet-peeves.

Interesting to see some 1LE hate in here as well...
ah what are you going to do, theres always going to be haters

Old 08-13-2015, 06:59 PM   #93
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
this thread was interesting.

here's some experience from today. we cruised up PCH to Neptune's Net, along the way there were soooooooooooooooo many Camaro verts - rentals (this is L.A. and it is summer).

One pair of fools wanted to keep up, unfortunately THEIR vert did not have enough cylinders. He pulls up next light and asks if it was a Z/28.

I'm like, "No, this is an SS" and the guys are like, "They told us this was an SS...."

Rental companies: the biggest posers of them all!

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:58 PM   #94
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMADONNA View Post
this thread was interesting.

here's some experience from today. we cruised up PCH to Neptune's Net, along the way there were soooooooooooooooo many Camaro verts - rentals (this is L.A. and it is summer).

One pair of fools wanted to keep up, unfortunately THEIR vert did not have enough cylinders. He pulls up next light and asks if it was a Z/28.

I'm like, "No, this is an SS" and the guys are like, "They told us this was an SS...."

Rental companies: the biggest posers of them all!
Thats one of the better stories ive heard in a while....
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 08:03 AM   #95
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpnyhc1le View Post
I hate when people say things just to say things without knowing what there talking about. Me putting 1le on my car is just my personal preference, and i do not think the ss 1le is a better car than the ss its also personal preference BUT since you dont know much about the 1le i will inform you.so i will not repeat what you already said i will only add what you left out ready, anti roll bar, beefier half shafts, zl1 wheel bearings, toe links, rear shock mounts, fuel pump, flat bottom steering wheel, 3.91 rear, front splitter, tr6060 transmission with a close ratio, a transmission cooler, strut tower brace and NOTHING MORE
I will add that it is a better car, if handling and improved performance in the twisties is important. If not, then it's $3500 wasted. The 2 SS package would have been wasted on me. Both packages were $3500. One package (2SS) made the car fancier than it was without it. The other made it much much better in the curves. I chose the one that works for me....and as they always say, to each there own. Yes, they are both SS's. One package buys performance, one buys gadgets.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 09:12 AM   #96
Jpnyhc1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I will add that it is a better car, if handling and improved performance in the twisties is important. If not, then it's $3500 wasted. The 2 SS package would have been wasted on me. Both packages were $3500. One package (2SS) made the car fancier than it was without it. The other made it much much better in the curves. I chose the one that works for me....and as they always say, to each there own. Yes, they are both SS's. One package buys performance, one buys gadgets.
Well put.i agree but you can get a 2ss 1le and still have all the gadgets but you get a harsher ride also. But like you said to each there own.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:06 PM   #97
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarshall2121 View Post
Maybe he's French, or would that be Posierre??
Poseur
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 12:14 PM   #98
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarotobeornottobe View Post
Does no one else see the irony in the OP trying to dog someone else . . . while he can't even properly spell the poser?
yes, and I think anyone who takes the time to take a picture of another persons car for the purpose of posting it on a message board to mock needs to find a hobby.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote