Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Do you want a more powerful version of the Camaro(Z28)?
Yes 836 76.07%
No 263 23.93%
Voters: 1099. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2008, 01:58 AM   #211
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
...maybe the rabbit hole goes deeper than we think. What if the Z28 is more than just a superchcarger, maybe no supercharger at all. What if a hybrid comes along, with 450 horses? or E85? The "muscle car of the next generation" ? BioDiesel? Electric?

Z28 doesn't necessarily need to have a 600HP engine, or does it? What do you think?
There is already an e85 ethanol corvette ZO6 that will appear at the Indy500 as a pace car in vert and coupe form. However E85 is scarce in terms of where it can be found and it is difficult to use a food supply as fuel for automobiles when people in other countries are dieing of hunger over corn shortages of all things.. However an all electric hybrid that has massive torque and HP that uses no gasoline at all might kick start a new revolution. However at this point in time, nothing can beat a rock solid V8's sound and thunder on the road.. Not even the new all electric Tesla Roadster..
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:03 AM   #212
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
There is already an e85 ethanol corvette ZO6 that will appear at the Indy500 as a pace car in vert and coupe form. However E85 is scarce in terms of where it can be found and it is difficult to use a food supply as fuel for automobiles when people in other countries are dieing of hunger over corn shortages of all things.. However an all electric hybrid that has massive torque and HP that uses no gasoline at all might kick start a new revolution. However at this point in time, nothing can beat a rock solid V8's sound and thunder on the road.. Not even the new all electric Tesla Roadster..
One car performs about the same and gives me the same feeling and sound as the v8 rumble with gravitational pull towards the back of the car. Check my Tribute to the the best car ever thread in "other cars" section.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:04 AM   #213
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
gonna miss it..

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:45 AM   #214
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

Guys and gals....I, too, am surprised the Z28 is dead thread (or dying, or whatever...) is still going on. This back and forth thing is ridiculous and the complaining....it is getting annoying (and I know for fact that there's lots of others here who feel the same way). I continue to hear an echo of, be happy the Camaro is here...stop complaining...I'm right and you're wrong....

Can we please just let it go for now and talk about what has been confirmed for a little? ...instead of continuing to talk about other stuff that will happen down the road??? (most likely)...

Who's up for closing this thread? anyone?? who wants to keep it open?
Keep it open. As long as this thread's alive, any Chevy people (fbod ...) coming to the site will see there's a real demand for the Z28.

I want chevy to know and remember we are a lot to want ASAP a supercharged Z28 and that these passionate people do not care much about oil price.

We don't ask for a cheap large selling Z28. Make it a special serie, expensive if needed, but give us the CHOICE
Old 07-23-2008, 04:34 AM   #215
SSMOKN
Coupe

Drives: Camaro,955I
Chevy is already late to the dance....now they left their dancing shoes at home...
Lets go Chevy! I want my top dog!
SSMOKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:17 AM   #216
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupé View Post
Chevy is already late to the dance....now they left their dancing shoes at home...
Lets go Chevy! I want my top dog!
Couldn't agree more ...

I'd add that the dancer is damn pretty, but can't dance without her shoes ...
Old 07-23-2008, 09:01 AM   #217
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
you know...threats...as in your sig...really aren't the best way to get things done....

For the last time, the Z28 is NOT dead. Quit yer whining!
Old 07-23-2008, 09:23 AM   #218
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
Keep it open. As long as this thread's alive, any Chevy people (fbod ...) coming to the site will see there's a real demand for the Z28.

I want chevy to know and remember we are a lot to want ASAP a supercharged Z28 and that these passionate people do not care much about oil price.

We don't ask for a cheap large selling Z28. Make it a special serie, expensive if needed, but give us the CHOICE
X1,000,000,000,000,000,000

That's all I'm trying to do and participate in I'm not trying to bitch, just express my desire for this kind of car in hopes if my baby is on the ropes, that GM might see there is a demand from a lot of us, and try to get her squared-away in a couple years. That's all

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:26 AM   #219
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
you know...threats...as in your sig...really aren't the best way to get things done....

For the last time, the Z28 is NOT dead. Quit yer whining!
Sig' edited

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:25 AM   #220
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
You know, we have started talking about the Z28 as if it had to be the model with the supercharged 550 hp engine. And the thinking has gone that if gas prices and CAFE prohibit that engine, we can't have the Z28. But what if the Z28 represents something else? Picture this: An LS3 with CAI and upgraded exhaust, more aggressive gearing, lightened body and chassis, sound insulation removed, chassis bracing, lightweight wheels, stickier tires, lightweight and heavily bolstered seats with extra grippy upholstery, and the bare minimum luxury features. Maybe go even crazier: a removed backseat, an early application of GM's first DCT? Its not impossible. If we were going to reference the first generation, then our new Z28 wouldn't be an insane hp drag strip beast. It would go, stop, and turn with the very best of them. With the above mods, fuel economy might even be increased. So if we remain open minded, a whole world of possibilities for the Z28 is presented. Woohoo!
Everyone assumed that the Z28 was already designed and tested as a supercharged Camaro with 550 horses. To me, it seems as though it never crossed anyone's mind that the Z28 could be anything different than this preconceived notion. By prejudging the Z28, every created a big let down. GM never let on that the Z28 would exist at all this year, and now everyone is disappointed that GM isn't producing a 550-hp Z28. There are a lot of other ways to do a Z28 if they do one at all.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:43 AM   #221
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Everyone assumed that the Z28 was already designed and tested as a supercharged Camaro with 550 horses. To me, it seems as though it never crossed anyone's mind that the Z28 could be anything different than this preconceived notion. By prejudging the Z28, every created a big let down. GM never let on that the Z28 would exist at all this year, and now everyone is disappointed that GM isn't producing a 550-hp Z28. There are a lot of other ways to do a Z28 if they do one at all.
I think it was that white mule with the black hockey stick stripes driving all over North America. I agree - if they can't do plan "A", get a plan "B" and do something based on what you already have approved.
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:48 AM   #222
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
personally if it has 550 hp great. if not that's cool to. if it had 480 I'd be happy. I just want one with a race tuned suspension and at least 422 hp in manual form. that's all I really would like for a Z28. I didn't expect to hear anything at all about a Z28. But the rag that misquoted cheryl pritcher is what upset me. now that it's been cleared up I'm not freaking out.

I'm still eagerly waiting for a Z28. no matter what I'm waiting till 2010 to buy because of finances and waiting for either a Vert or Z28. hopefully if it's in the works we'll hear something by then. but yea.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:01 AM   #223
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
personally if it has 550 hp great. if not that's cool to. if it had 480 I'd be happy. I just want one with a race tuned suspension and at least 422 hp in manual form. that's all I really would like for a Z28. I didn't expect to hear anything at all about a Z28. But the rag that misquoted cheryl pritcher is what upset me. now that it's been cleared up I'm not freaking out.

I'm still eagerly waiting for a Z28. no matter what I'm waiting till 2010 to buy because of finances and waiting for either a Vert or Z28. hopefully if it's in the works we'll hear something by then. but yea.
The SS is getting a Nurburgring-tuned, top-of-the-line GM suspension. You can't get a better suspension without aftermarket parts. I don't see the problem with the SS being top tier as long as it is getting the best parts.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:02 AM   #224
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
The SS is getting a Nurburgring-tuned, top-of-the-line GM suspension. You can't get a better suspension without aftermarket parts. I don't see the problem with the SS being top tier as long as it is getting the best parts.
What about a Z06 set-up?
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote