Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-31-2010, 11:39 AM   #1
Lord Grey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Camaro in advertising

My company recently released an iPhone application and, as part of the overall marketing effort, put together a short promotional video. They used my black SS in it!

The marketing page is at http://hooversmobile.com/; click the "Spend two minutes..." graphic at the bottom of the page to see the video.

Before anyone asks, that is most definitely not me in the video. I did drive the car in the first scene, but you can't see me. That's just as well, for many reasons.

Where else has anyone seen a Camaro in advertising, when the car is not the focus of the ad? That kind of thing is usually a good indication of how popular/cool a product is. I haven't seen many, but then again I don't watch TV very often.
Lord Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:49 AM   #2
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
very cool.your car is a star.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:16 PM   #3
Ronn

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Cool... seems like he closed your door a little hard though. You'll have to sit him down for a chat.

It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song, it's a ride in a Chevrolet...
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:36 PM   #4
SharpSS

Drives: Decked Out Inferno Orange 2SS
Nice vid but they should have shown more of the Camaro.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:44 PM   #5
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS

Cool....
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:47 PM   #6
spoone123
Next is SS camaro.....

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS, Rally yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
Cool... seems like he closed your door a little hard though. You'll have to sit him down for a chat.
You're like me Ronn, I give a friend of mine a ride to work. And the wind is blowing pretty hard so he opened the door and let it get blown. I'm like wtf careful with the damn door. He seem to close my door pretty hard too. Or when he open the door from the inside and let that door handle go. it spring back pretty hard if you just let it go. So i'm kinda pissed about that. can't wait for him to rebuild his honda civic that he blown up last weekend.
spoone123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:02 PM   #7
Lord Grey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post

I was pretty nervous about letting him drive the car, but that turned out to be fine. The thing that almost caused me to have a coronary was when a large sunscreen, positioned over my car, started to topple over from the wind. Three or four people grabbed it and kept anything from happening, but that two seconds of elapsed time was heart-stopping.
Lord Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:43 PM   #8
Ronn

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoone123 View Post
You're like me Ronn, I give a friend of mine a ride to work. And the wind is blowing pretty hard so he opened the door and let it get blown. I'm like wtf careful with the damn door. He seem to close my door pretty hard too. Or when he open the door from the inside and let that door handle go. it spring back pretty hard if you just let it go. So i'm kinda pissed about that. can't wait for him to rebuild his honda civic that he blown up last weekend.
I don't know what it is, some people just don't understand. I like to take care of things that's for sure. I'm like that with my pickup and my best friend says he's scared to see what I'm like with the new car!

I couldn't even imagine how you felt when that sunscreen almost fell. Probably in the ballpark of your life being threatened?

It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song, it's a ride in a Chevrolet...
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote