Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-05-2013, 10:15 PM   #15
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizlipkick View Post
Guess maybe I am missing the low mileage thing- If these were 911's or something I get it. But if your driving a Camaro (a V6 one at that, being as how they make much more of them) wouldn't you want to put the miles on it and enjoy it? Sorry, just see allot of these threads where people are almost bragging about having ultra low mileage on what amounts to be throw away cars. I have a 45th anniversary 2ss that I drive the brakes off of, because I know if A. if it gets wrecked b. to many miles, I can EASILY replace it. Camaro's guys, not Lambo's (I had an 93 NSX for a bit, even that's something you shouldn't be afraid to put miles on) /flame suit on in regards to how ultra rare LFX's will be in years to come
I don't understand it either. If you aren't going to drive it why don't you just go rent one when you feel the need to drive a Camaro. Would have saved a boatload of money.
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #16
Bizlipkick

Drives: 45th Ann. 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squillo View Post
I don't understand it either. If you aren't going to drive it why don't you just go rent one when you feel the need to drive a Camaro. Would have saved a boatload of money.
Yea, I hate to play the soldier card, but being deployed as an infantryman every other year for almost the past decade, I got a pretty decent understanding about life being finite. Enjoy it! So many people will never know what its like to sit behind the wheel of a camaro, much less own it!
Bizlipkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #17
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
Some people just don't like to put a lot of miles into their cars. There's nothing wrong with that. I am one of them, Trying to keep it under 6k a year as my DD. My reason is that it's special to me and I want it to last as long as possible. And I'll never be able to get another one like it because more than likely the new 6th gen will be ugly just like the '14 refresh.
DagoCountyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:34 PM   #18
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
WOW. For a second their I thought people weren't aloud to do whatever makes them happy. V6 or V8 or a jet engine.....whatever it is it may be special to someone. My wife' 11 Camaro has 3200 miles on it my 13 Camaro has 1100 miles on it and I have owned my 69 Camaro for 12 years and only put 7400 miles on it since I bought it. So that's awesome. Enjoy it however you want. Drive the wheels off it or put it up. Your choice.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:37 PM   #19
BuiltMaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Ummmm 2 weeks 361 Miles ...I average about 11k a year
BuiltMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:00 AM   #20
Alot9439

Drives: 2SS RS
its barley broken in wish you a million miles . I am at 42k or 43k can remember since I parked it a month ago
Alot9439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:10 AM   #21
SteelShadows

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squillo View Post
It depends on the person and if they drive it daily. I'm getting the V8 because it's what I want and I'll enjoy it, but I wont be putting a lot of miles on it either. In my case it's because I live close enough to my work to not drive, so I average under 200 miles a month.

Either way, it's their own decision if it's worth the investment even if they aren't putting a lot of miles onto it.
SteelShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:26 AM   #22
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelShadows View Post
It depends on the person and if they drive it daily. I'm getting the V8 because it's what I want and I'll enjoy it, but I wont be putting a lot of miles on it either. In my case it's because I live close enough to my work to not drive, so I average under 200 miles a month.

Either way, it's their own decision if it's worth the investment even if they aren't putting a lot of miles onto it.
I get that people can do whatever they want to that makes them happy.

I just don't understand having such an awesome vehicle and NOT using it.
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:45 AM   #23
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolltideSS View Post
was the speed limit 65? just gotta keep it under 5 over
not in NY.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:46 AM   #24
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelShadows View Post

The only reason I have low miles on it is because I have too many cars, and this one is not my work car.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:53 AM   #25
DaveA

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS vert
I imagine I'll only be putting 5-10k a year on it. It will be a weekend car. My family lives a few hours awayso that will help get the oodometer rolling. I too plan to keep my car for a long time but I am not overly concerned with miles either way.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:21 AM   #26
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
At the rate im going i should see about 7k in my first year. im at about 5600 and i have only had it since march. weather permitting i should be putting it in storage oct-nov.

I understand if your deployed (thanks to those of you that do that for us!!) and you cant put milage, but why do others spend this kind of money on a nice car to just let them sit? unless you have gobs of money and dont know what to do with it (help a brotha out!!)..
baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:52 AM   #27
DwRed1LTV6

Drives: '11 VR 2LT HHr
One month yesterday and not even 500 miles yet. . . . . ~

DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #28
Kid

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT, 68 Camaro RS
I just hit three years yesterday, and I'm 18k. And this is on a DD. Gotta love a short commute.

And for the guys saying low miles means your aren't enyoying it, I've gone through a set of back tires already...in my "little" V6

Kid is offline   Reply With Quote