Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-14-2014, 09:54 PM   #43
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Sounds like the rear seal did blow. The RX Breathers have caused allot of problems. It is one of the reason he got banned from here because people where having issues and calling him on it. He got out right nasty to folks here on the site about it. Hey my RX catch can feel apart on my L99 so on my Ls3 I moved to Elite products.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:39 AM   #44
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
My inlet is after the maf to bank 2 rocker cover. Valley cover blocked. Bank 1 rocker cover to inlet of catch can. Catch can outlet to supercharger vacuum port above rotors.

If the breather on the rocker cover was not checked it would allow unmetered air to enter the crankcase and be drawn into the supercharger. The check valve in the breather stops air in but relieves excess crankcase pressure if any.

You can run an unchecked breather if you want and tune accordingly. I routed the lines the way slp recommended.
The RX breather is just the opposite. It allows a small amount of air in but closes under boost and traps crankcase pressure. Trust me, i have three of these in my garage and have been dicking with this RX crap for years. Finally trashed it all. If you have an RX breather just take it off, blow into the bottom end and you will see what i mean.

This is specifically for just the RX breather. The purpose is to not allow polluted air to the atmosphere to keep those i Commiefornia happy.

YMMV!

How does air that enters the oil fill port find its way into your intake track, from the SC to the intake ports on the heads....its sealed, correct. Sure a miniscule amount may seep past the valve guides.....
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:01 AM   #45
Iam Broke
PHAT B33

Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
The PCV system vents the entire crankcase. Air circulates throughout the entire engine, not just the wee bit past the valve guides. The last connection to the engine is at the inlet to the SC, a vacuum port. It has to draw air from someplace. If the breather is unchecked it will pull from there as well as the tap in the intake tube post MAF.

Like I said you can run an unchecked breather on the rocker cover, not arguing that, just expect the fuel trims to shift as air is entering the system not being measured by the MAF affecting closed loop fueling. The tune can be compensated for it.

The RX breather is checked the wrong way for boosted apps, as you have said. Thanks.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:57 AM   #46
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
So what is my best option for venting the pressure?
Old 06-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #47
Iam Broke
PHAT B33

IMO the JRE checked Metco breather. No tune modifications needed.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:21 PM   #48
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

And that will replace my Rx breather correct?
Old 06-15-2014, 05:27 PM   #49
Iam Broke
PHAT B33

It goes in the passenger side valve cover replacing the oil fill cap. I'm ignorant of where your rx breather is.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:13 PM   #50
RankSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
This is the breather I use along with an Elite catch can.
The breather is just cheap insurance.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Billet-Baffl...item5401cc517c

This breather is the ONLY one in the market which incorporates a check ball to keep unmetered air from coming through while the crankcase is under vacuum. In other words, this breather acts just like a factory oil cap under normal driving conditions and when you get into boost it will release any crankcase pressure present.
2010 Camaro SS RS, Maggie with 3.4" pulley, 60# injectors, ADM dual fuel pumps, ADM Stage 2 Cam with Brian Tooley springs and pushrods, black CAI intake, Stainless Works long tube headers w/gutted cats, ZL1 Diff w/offset bushings, Pfadt lowering springs, Pfadt sway bars, Pfadt solid sub frame mounts, BMR trailing arms and toe rods, Hurst short throw shifter, Painted on Hugger Orange stripes, Forgestar F14 Piano Black wheels, Nitto NT05 rubber.
RankSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:51 PM   #51
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

car goes into the shop on Friday.