Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 10-16-2014, 05:44 PM   #183
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Just got my character to level 20 , I'm on XboxOne "NoloSapper12b"
Old 10-16-2014, 09:14 PM   #184
hypercarfanatic

Drives: 2013 F-150
Damn, all these Xbox peoples...

Makes me regret switching to PS
hypercarfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:53 PM   #185
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
I picked up destiny and started to play it. I like it. However I find some of it to be confusing. I have Xbox 1 By the way. Anyways, why the hell did they implement a cursor? Why not just highlight the selectables like a regular game? We don't have a mouse hooked up why do we want to bother with that??

And what's with all the long button pressing? Do I really need to hold the Y button for 5 seconds to go into orbit?? Is that necessary? I already hit the select button make it a 1 second press and hold. Not 5!

Why is there no pause button?? I'm not really into playing online, however inunderstand the game is based online. But if I'm playing a mission without people in my party, why the heck can't I pause the game?

It's crazy how all my complaints are about navigating the menus and such, nothing is actual game play related. I do really like the game however. I wish I had more time to play it, I have a 5 month old and that takes up all my time. I have bits and pieces of free time to mess around with the camaro so I don't get much play time.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:12 PM   #186
hypercarfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
I picked up destiny and started to play it. I like it. However I find some of it to be confusing. I have Xbox 1 By the way. Anyways, why the hell did they implement a cursor? Why not just highlight the selectables like a regular game? We don't have a mouse hooked up why do we want to bother with that??

And what's with all the long button pressing? Do I really need to hold the Y button for 5 seconds to go into orbit?? Is that necessary? I already hit the select button make it a 1 second press and hold. Not 5!

Why is there no pause button?? I'm not really into playing online, however inunderstand the game is based online. But if I'm playing a mission without people in my party, why the heck can't I pause the game?

It's crazy how all my complaints are about navigating the menus and such, nothing is actual game play related. I do really like the game however. I wish I had more time to play it, I have a 5 month old and that takes up all my time. I have bits and pieces of free time to mess around with the camaro so I don't get much play time.
Welcome! To answer:

1) Cursor - because they can. In the beginning I was totally in your boat ("the f**k is this d**m thing I am looking for"), but it becomes second nature after a while. Now, I actually like it more than a normal menu.

2) Buttons - they want to make sure that you are going where you want to. I would rather wait 5 seconds every time, than press a button by accident, and be forced to wait through a loading screen or two. Again, it becomes instinct

3) You cannot pause as the world is still online. There can be up to 10? (I am most likely wrong with that number, so please correct me) people in your world at any one time. They are still fighting, and the world is still active, so you don't want to stop gameplay for everyone if just one person pauses. Besides, hiding in a corner is often just as effective.

Good luck!
Old 10-17-2014, 04:52 PM   #187
PcKiller

Drives: 2012 1LT RS Camaro
I am thinking of maybe getting this game, when it comes out for the PC. Can't be 2560 by 1440 rez.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:55 AM   #188
Toms2010

Drives: 2010 2LT
Got to listen in to some other Camaro5 members were playing around as I was off doing my own thing. The experience with others is better than alone. Especially when grinding or farming mats as it livens up the time. Anyone who wants to add me, please feel free to do so. PS4 LSG_Da_Bears.

Level 27, almost level 28. Have not done any nightfall strikes or raids yet. Not much of a PVP'er any more.

Anyone who needs help with something I would be willing to lend a hand. Keep in mind I cheesed most of the story missions once I found out the bosses would not follow you to certain areas.
Vararam CAI - Modern Muscle Ported Throttle Body - Vmax Black Iceolator - Custom Exhaust - Magnaflow Res X 11386 - 2.5" Pipe from X on Back - Magnaflow Round Mufflers 10416 - Lime Green Hood Spears - Lime Green Gill Stripes - SJM AutoProd Sequential Turn Signals - SJM AutoProd Always On DRL Fog Lights
Toms2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 12:01 PM   #189
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Did the raid for the first time last night on normal and man that was interesting and highly involved. All I got were some shards, energy, a dam legendary warlock bond, legendary machine gun and a legendary ship...
Old 10-18-2014, 12:31 PM   #190
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
I honesty have no idea with working the multiplayer stuff but if others want to add me I'm on Xbox live ThirdnFnlBst. I'm not on often but if I am most likely it will be late (eastern time)
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 02:50 PM   #191
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
On my way to my second invective (to level up and dismantle for ascendant energy), I pulled this off with a thorn.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR...84/544858448?_
Old 10-20-2014, 10:08 AM   #192
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/10/19/de...ss-buggy-boss/

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:16 PM   #193
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
It is so much easier with the Warlock sunsinger subclass and just throw the grenade that does area damage both infront of him and to the side. After trying a bunch of times with the voidwalker nova bomb and failing we switched to the grenade method and did it our first try
Old 10-20-2014, 05:18 PM   #194
hypercarfanatic

Damn, I need to do this raid before the next patch comes out
Old 10-20-2014, 10:52 PM   #195
hypercarfanatic

Just submitted a request to join C5 clan
Old 10-20-2014, 10:57 PM   #196
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
And added. Please post in here when you all request anything relating to the clan. I don't get notifications from bungie or destiny. When I logged in to add the guy above saw a few things had expired.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote