Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 06-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #10473
RS_Man

Drives: '13 Sonic RS 1.4T M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachykells View Post
Bagel dip. I need to find a reason to make some.
I'm hungry....is that reason enough? lol
RS_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #10474
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Bagel dip. I need to find a reason to make some.
You just had to give the recipe to my wife. She's been making batch after batch of it and forcing me to eat it. I'm gonna turn into the Michelin Man.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #10475
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
May I have the bagel dip recipe??? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease?
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #10476
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Hmmm maybe I should spend more time in my home thread lol. Didn't even know people talked here.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #10477
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
You just had to give the recipe to my wife. She's been making batch after batch of it and forcing me to eat it. I'm gonna turn into the Michelin Man.

LOL! That's why I don't make it regularly. I'll scarf down the whole batch.

Terri-- sent ya a PM.

Adam-- Oh yeah... we're a bunch of talkers in this group. Saw your post about the car show in Colerain. Won't be able to make it because I work this weekend, second shift. Wish I could though!! I am from the west side originally so that's my stompin' grounds.
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #10478
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:

Terri-- sent ya a PM.

Got it. Thank you!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #10479
d3rp

Drives: 2012 Black 2LS
New kid from Dayton/Cincinnati. Just got my '12 2LS on 5/31. Any good places around the area to get some interior and performance work done?
Old 06-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #10480
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Welcome d3! Congrats on the new car. I'm hitting the 1 year mark on 6/17. Still love the Camaro just as much as day 1!

Try Cincy Speed for your performance needs.
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #10481
wwddnnone
Ur G'nna feel a pinch

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
Friendly Reminder

Just a reminder for everyone, especially if you have aftermarket suspension bits.

Inspect your suspension!

Just got home from vacation Thursday, 2700mi trip. Thursday morning as we were leaving Tennessee and heading home I heard a loud pop and shudder through the steering wheel. After some roadside inspection, I found the driver side sway bar link bent and broken. After making sure the link wasn't going anywhere, we drove home without incident.

I'm not sure what caused this, but it looks like the weld failed where the link and the end are joined. Needless to say I will be replacing all the links with the new style links that Pedders has.

Few Pics.
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #10482
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
I have an idea. With the roller ball type connections, you have to make sure in the neutral position, they are free to move moth directions the maximum amount.

Does that make sense? Once you get them on, grab the link in the middle and turn it. The ball should come in contact with socket on the bottom and top at same time. Otherwise there isn't enough freedom of movement, the link could bind and SNAP.

You can totally drive without a sway bar without incident. Just don't try to race!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #10483
wwddnnone
Ur G'nna feel a pinch

Yea, I know what you mean. The links have free movement.

I think the steep angle of the driveway may have helped cause the link to snap. With the lowered suspension, I was backing out at an angle to avoid rubbing the bumper. With one side compressed and one side hanging, it may have been too much.

We drove home without the link attached with no problems. Now I need to get it replaced before Camaro5 Fest.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:49 PM   #10484
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddnnone View Post
Yea, I know what you mean. The links have free movement.

I think the steep angle of the driveway may have helped cause the link to snap. With the lowered suspension, I was backing out at an angle to avoid rubbing the bumper. With one side compressed and one side hanging, it may have been too much.

We drove home without the link attached with no problems. Now I need to get it replaced before Camaro5 Fest.
wow, that looked like it was a really hard hit to bend and then break an endlink.

It possible is a problem that had been occurring over time. the threaded rod might have been bent a few times over time, then the actual end broke. OR, the end piece failed and the rod has been flopping around and finally got caught in the spring or strut and then bent.

You are right though, we should all be inspecting ALL of our car parts, OEM or aftermarket. We get in the habit of assuming that because the car is new, we don't need to do regular walk arounds and inspections.

You can drive cars without sway bars with out any problem, unless you are pushing them in the corners, or need to do evasive maneuvers. even if one side is hooked up and the other isn't, it is like not being hooked up at all.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #10485
wwddnnone
Ur G'nna feel a pinch

Just to update.

Contacted Justice Pete and he offered to replace the broken link with the new style and offered me a discount to purchase the other 3 new style links.

You can't beat Justice Pete.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #10486
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddnnone View Post
Just to update.

Contacted Justice Pete and he offered to replace the broken link with the new style and offered me a discount to purchase the other 3 new style links.

You can't beat Justice Pete.
They are good people for sure

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?