Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-26-2008, 06:35 PM   #15
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
I too consider headroom important. But I don't see the sunroof as adding flair...smart style. I see it for what it is, obtrusive...protruding, projecting.
For the practical criteria used, I completely agree with the design, but I wouldn't buy it if I wanted a sunroof. This is just not the car for an internal type. Just my opinion.

Last edited by Rodrunner; 12-26-2008 at 09:43 PM.
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:53 PM   #16
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
LOL I guess I'm the only person that thinks it looks alright. I feel like the few people that want the pre-pro/IVER whatever headlights:notheadlights:
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:16 AM   #17
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaZ View Post
LOL I guess I'm the only person that thinks it looks alright. I feel like the few people that want the pre-pro/IVER whatever headlights:notheadlights:
You're not alone. It looks perfectly fine to me as well. I ordered one in mine..
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:22 AM   #18
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
You're not alone. It looks perfectly fine to me as well. I ordered one in mine..
I'm ordering the sunroof. No one mentioned the large amount of light it allows in an otherwise dark interior. You dont have to open it to get the advantage of interior light during the day.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:37 AM   #19
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
I'm ordering the sunroof. No one mentioned the large amount of light it allows in an otherwise dark interior. You dont have to open it to get the advantage of interior light during the day.
I'm in on the sunroof too. Everyone seems to hate it open, but I said originally if you look at the side profile of the car with it open the sunroof just continues the lines created by the hood scoop. To me, it looks great, but to each his (or her) own.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:12 PM   #20
paulv7260

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM L99
I ordered the sunroof because I like what it offers. Yep, it sticks up a bit and that kind of makes it look like an afterthought but for me the benefit outweighed not having one.
paulv7260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:22 PM   #21
Steve
Ancalagon The Black

Drives: 2013 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
I ordered the sunroof on mine as well. While I wish it would hide, I am OK with it as is because I always wanted one and have never had one.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #22
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Have any of you taller guys been in a Sun Roof equipped 2010? I'm 6'4 / 227, and am considering changing my order to include one on my 1SS/RS. But when it comes, I don't want to be sitting there with my neck bent over looking at the dealer off to my side out of the corner of my eye, with him telling me, "Well, you ordered it!" (I got myself laughing now) If anybody has any insight, I'd appreciate reading what you have to say. Thanks for your time....
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #23
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
The problem is I can go to any reputable aftermarket and have a quality moonroof installed that opens INTO the roof, with minimal headroom loss.

I rather doubt GM's engineers on this tidbit.
I didn't know that any aftermarket companies had gotten a Camaro to design one yet, so ho can you say you can get one? maybe they can for other cars but that does not mean they will be able to for the Camaro.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:49 AM   #24
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
yeah i didnt order it on mine. the hard top with rev. mohawk looks so much better.

Plus, I had T-Tops on my IROC and I think I used them once, to see what it was like. The open top thing just doesn't do it for me.
- Xanthos

P.S. - Ask Number 3 - He's pretty tall (compared to me at least) and his 1LT had the sunroof. I didn't even notice the roof, though I'm only 5' 8".

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:53 AM   #25
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
Have any of you taller guys been in a Sun Roof equipped 2010? I'm 6'4 / 227, and am considering changing my order to include one on my 1SS/RS. But when it comes, I don't want to be sitting there with my neck bent over looking at the dealer off to my side out of the corner of my eye, with him telling me, "Well, you ordered it!" (I got myself laughing now) If anybody has any insight, I'd appreciate reading what you have to say. Thanks for your time....
Well the reason we got a sunroof going up and out of the car instead of down and in was supposed to give you taller guys more headroom. So there shouldn't be any problem there. All I can say is that it better give you more headroom because I want it to go down and in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post

Plus, I had T-Tops on my IROC and I think I used them once, to see what it was like. The open top thing just doesn't do it for me.
- Xanthos
Are you kidding, my T-tops came out almost every sunny day.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:57 AM   #26
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Well the reason we got a sunroof going up and out of the car instead of down and in was supposed to give you taller guys more headroom. So there shouldn't be any problem there. All I can say is that it better give you more headroom because I want it to go down and in!

Are you kidding, my T-tops came out almost every sunny day.
Just a difference in opinion I guess. It wasn't worth the time for me to pull them off when I could just roll down the window.

Plus - this is Oklahoma. If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes.
- Xanthos

Old 01-08-2009, 11:15 AM   #27
NHHHR
Going back to Camaro

Drives: 2007 Chevy HHR LT2
Geez, I used to take them off constantly - driving around with a fleece and the heat on with the tops off was cool. It was very convertible-like, but unfortunately too noisy to go above 50mph in my opinion. Still loved the T-tops tho
NHHHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:18 AM   #28
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

I'd never drive a vert either, for that matter. Or at least, I wouldn't order one.
- Xanthos