Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-12-2007, 10:26 AM   #29
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Reminds me of when I bought my Grand Prix GTP. I kept going to the dealer and talking with a salesman and then leaving saying "I wanna think about it". On the 3rd visit the salesman introduces me to the finance manager. We talk for a bit and he puts him arm around my shoulder and says "Lemme tell you what I can do".

(Here it comes I thought)

"I can let you have it for $400 over invoice".

"Ok order it".

"Huh"?

"Thats all I was waiting for, go ahead and order it".

"Oh ok, we will get that order placed right away".

Ive never been able to visit a dealer without having to break a finance managers heart.. usually they use the line "how about i get you into a *insert car here* for the same payment you have now.. and I say no thanks and walk away..

I am debating (after a trip down to the Toyota dealer to get my wifes truck serviced) about just skipping the whole dealer thing. My credit union guarantees $500 over invoice and I sign for (can even test drive) at the CU location. Its how I bought both trucks we have now. I just tell them what i want and what options and they go get it. Just depends on if dealers around here have it, if not im gonna have to go the dealer route and order it.