Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #43
alex33x

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
i think not having a screen and cool entertainment system (or the ability to fab one in because of shape) in your car is very yesterday as well but thats my opinion. and i like the custom leather idea... post pics when your done, sounds interesting the camaro's interior is too spacey for a car... i will keep it clean

Camaro interior dislikes.

1. huge radio knobs and the way that whole area is shaped.
2. 4 big lab experiment gauges in center stack
3. the shape of the interior cancels out custom radio ideas.
4. sharp square encasings wrapped around round gauges.
5. e-brake has no "home" it's just there. and passenger side?
6. no touch screen/visual navigation/entertainment center.

Camaro interior likes

1. the way the doors flows into the top part of the interior.
2. the inner door panels look cool (without gloss plastic)
3. steering wheel looks sharp.
4. shifter looks sharp

all opinion of course. i didnt add hard plastics because i dont really care how soft the interior of my car is unless im going to rub my face against it all day. if it looks good it looks good hard or soft.

but for people who do care the '10 mustang is just about the best quality soft touch interior. i can admit flaws with any car you guys even fight when there really is some flaw with your's let up a little maybe we can have a decent constructive conversation.

Your showing the GT500 interior which of course is nicer than a GT, but if your going to make comparisons you should be showing the interior of the GT not the GT500.

In the motortrend review the guy says the interior of the GT its still hard plastic like the ones we currently have. And while its nice it feels cheap, as a mustang owner I think you would agree with me, I think its just a little bit of hate that you have there buddy>

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
was here aware he was in a race? or was it like a ricer fly by type of deal, because a stock 05 gto cannot keep up with a gt500.
A GTO keeping up? I agree there a stock GTO cant keep up with a GT500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee9710 View Post
I bet when these new Camaros get out they will keep up with a GT500
Not in stock form, but I think a camaro with 3.90's could keep up. Dont quote me on this though but doesnt the 2010 GT500 comes with 3.73's stock? The camaro comes with 3.45's and its just a bit behind of the GT500 on the 1/4th.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:36 AM   #44
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex33x View Post
Your showing the GT500 interior which of course is nicer than a GT, but if your going to make comparisons you should be showing the interior of the GT not the GT500.

In the motortrend review the guy says the interior of the GT its still hard plastic like the ones we currently have. And while its nice it feels cheap, as a mustang owner I think you would agree with me, I think its just a little bit of hate that you have there buddy>

A GTO keeping up? I agree there a stock GTO cant keep up with a GT500.

Not in stock form, but I think a camaro with 3.90's could keep up. Dont quote me on this though but doesnt the 2010 GT500 comes with 3.73's stock? The camaro comes with 3.45's and its just a bit behind of the GT500 on the 1/4th.
yes i do agree the gt500 interior is nicer, and a ss will almost keep up with new gears but then again now your comparing a modded car to a stock one... but i will have to correct you on that other part "or said magazine" the gt500 interior is the same soft touch GT interior material. there is no more hard plastic. the only difference in that pic from the GT interior is the shift knob, cobra badge on sterring, wheel, grips on sterring wheel and the seat stripes beyond that the interior is actually identical to the gt500 including the materials.

Closed Thread