Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-10-2017, 12:36 AM   #1
snackbar64

Drives: SW 2017 ZL1, M6, Carbon, Nav, MR,
Picked up an A10

Brought the car home tonight. The wife's first drive and she didn't want to get out. I have only driven it around the corner, but this car feels completely different than the M6. It makes completely new sounds under light acceleration and although it's the same car, it feels more comfortable, as without having to interact with the clutch allows for a much more relaxed seating position. And the exhaust seems louder at start up, but maybe it's just me.

Can someone tell me how you're able to see what gear the car is in? I do not see that displayed in the driver information center or the HUD.
Attached Images

snackbar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:17 AM   #2
Shorty45

Drives: 2017 Summit White ZL1, M6
Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snackbar64 View Post
Brought the car home tonight. The wife's first drive and she didn't want to get out. I have only driven it around the corner, but this car feels completely different than the M6. It makes completely new sounds under light acceleration and although it's the same car, it feels more comfortable, as without having to interact with the clutch allows for a much more relaxed seating position. And the exhaust seems louder at start up, but maybe it's just me.

Can someone tell me how you're able to see what gear the car is in? I do not see that displayed in the driver information center or the HUD.
I bet she is really happy with it! You can see in the pics how big her smile is! Nice color, btw. Did you keep your white ZL1?
Old 05-10-2017, 01:26 AM   #3
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
It won't display what gear you are in unless you are in manual mode.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:47 AM   #4
ZL*Won

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10
Quote:

Congratulations! Good luck getting your wife to let you drive it. That A10 is a fantastic transmission, IMO. I sure have enjoyed mine. It is really amazing how it stays in the sweet spot, even with 10 gears. As for the display, thats my only gripe and a small one. It does not display what gear you are in or the range, which I miss from my last car. But I use the gauges for the gas and will just guess on the gear....doesn't matter as long as its pulling like that...
Old 05-10-2017, 05:42 AM   #5
catdog

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 pdr roof CF blk
Beautiful color!
Enjoy 👍🏻
catdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:24 AM   #6
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
One gorgeous car, enjoy!!!! I would be like her, I wouldn't move from that seat either.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:30 AM   #7
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Do you still have your white m6?
Old 05-10-2017, 10:45 AM   #8
17CamaroZL1
Life's Short, Live Fast!

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
Quote:

Congrats! She's a beauty!

Interesting on the sound of the 2 being so different. My experience with other types of cars, the manual would sound different mostly due to typically being driven at a lower RPM with more load on the engine than the same car with an auto, but the A10 ZL1 seems to keep the RPM just as low as I would a manual, so it seems the only difference in sound would be the shifts. Of course I'm talking cruising in this comparison, as the A10 actually keeps the RPM higher than the manual when driving aggressive.

As for the gear indication, it has to be in manual as already mentioned. Then it will show the gear in both the HUD and the DIC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL*Won View Post
Congratulations! Good luck getting your wife to let you drive it. That A10 is a fantastic transmission, IMO. I sure have enjoyed mine. It is really amazing how it stays in the sweet spot, even with 10 gears. As for the display, thats my only gripe and a small one. It does not display what gear you are in or the range, which I miss from my last car. But I use the gauges for the gas and will just guess on the gear....doesn't matter as long as its pulling like that...
The fuel range is in there. If I remember correctly, it shows the miles DTE and the instantaneous fuel mileage when you're in that menu.
Life's Short, Live Fast! https://youtu.be/rTUv2p4T7OA 10.94 at 128 mph, 11.13 at 127mph 870 DA, https://youtu.be/e_X_LcpFp50 11.19 at 127mph 1100 DA, https://youtu.be/OXQiCQdQuH4 11.40 at 125mph 1800 DA
https://youtu.be/uWba1qs8M6Q 11.52 at 123mph 3500 DA
TZQPHG '17 ZL1 HBM|A10|Nav|PDR|CFW Hood|ZL1 Mats

12/26/2016 Ordered!
2/8/2017 Built!!
3/2/2017 Brought Home!!!
17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:15 AM   #9
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
that is a super nice car. congrats.

Loop
Old 05-10-2017, 11:30 AM   #10
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Thats a sweet color indeed.....congrats on your new acquisition.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:41 PM   #11
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Congrats. The A10 is in a class by itself. As far as telling what gear you're in, you can't...at least not in normal driving. Maybe in manual mode you can but I haven't used that feature yet. Someone else replied and said that you can see it in manual mode. I personally don't even worry about what mode it is in because I just let the computer do all the working and thinking for me.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:47 PM   #12
JustinOpinion

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Congrats! Looks beautiful in Gray. You might have to fight to get to drive it!
Old 05-10-2017, 03:05 PM   #13
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Congrats. The A10 is in a class by itself. As far as telling what gear you're in, you can't...at least not in normal driving. Maybe in manual mode you can but I haven't used that feature yet. Someone else replied and said that you can see it in manual mode. I personally don't even worry about what mode it is in because I just let the computer do all the working and thinking for me.
You can check to see what mode you are by flipping the handle gear left over to manual & it will pop up, then pop back over into auto. It usually surprises me in how much higher gear it's in than expected at lower speeds.

I find the manual a lot of fun around town...don't hardly ever use the paddles, but the gear handle is a hoot.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:38 PM   #14
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Congrats!! By the look on your wife's face, I don't believe you will be driving anytime soon....