Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-05-2009, 04:15 PM   #85
ArkySS
Camaroless for now...

Drives: 2014 Blue Topaz Silverado
Brooks are you my long lost brother?
Old 10-05-2009, 06:04 PM   #86
comiskeybum
Banned

Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
there is no law that says you must drive a 35mpg car. so F those who try to tell me im irresponsible.

they're all sackless tree hugging nerds in my opinion
comiskeybum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:18 PM   #87
Blood

Drives: 2003 Silverado z71 1500
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks35 View Post
So I stop at a gas station to fill up the SS. There is a guy on the other side of the pumps. He looks over and says "don't you think it is a little irresponsible in todays economy to buy a car like that? Doesn't it get like 8 MPG?" I couldn't believe that he said that then I look over and see what he is driving......A FREAKING TOYOTA!!!!!!!!!

So I say....
First of all I have 426HP and get 24 MPG...Second...IT IS A CAMARO....And third.....This is where I let him have it........... Where do you get #$%^% off saying anything about my AMERICAN car when you are driving a %$&*&$ TOYOTA???? I think anyone that drives foreign in this state should be *^^%^ slapped and be standing in the unemployment line. It is because of idiots like you that this state is in the shape it is in. (Sorry I am in Michigan so I see the effects of the big 3 firsthand) He then tries to say the usual respone of "yea but it is built in....." I stop him again and tell him "I don't care where it is assembled the profits go overseas." He then jumps in his FOREIGN TRASH with his fartcan exhaust and leaves.

I was HOT....Was I out of line? And before anyone asks I am not an employee of the big 3 I am actualy a police officer so I have no actual ties to the big three at all. This is just the way I feel.....Am I just one of the few left that feels this way????
Defend that dang Camaro BRO! That car deserves it! Stupid little foreign junk guy needs to learn to grow a pair.
Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:51 PM   #88
brooks35

Drives: 57Chevy TrailblazerSS 73Camaro
Well from the looks of things, Its nice to know alot of people feel the way I do. God bless the BIG THREE and the CHEVY CAMARO....AMERICAN MUSCLE RULES
brooks35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:34 PM   #89
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I wonder why it is that there are so many old Cavaliers, DeVilles, Silverados, Blazers, and other GMs on the road. If you go outside and count all the cars. Half of them are built in the US. Among only three manufacturers, that isn't bad.
well in my neighborhood if i step out side you will see every make of honda,toyota, subaru, mercedes, new and old on the streets. you know it does depend on where you live also. for example in a small town they owned nothing but trucks which were ford,chevy and dodge, sad to say after they saw the movie fast and the furious i started to see more ricers, yeah i know sad but its a small town they dont know much.

but from what i see i see more imports around my area.

again everybody has there own opinion, see i liked import for there longevity and power to weight ratio over american, for example the camaro awsome car nice power but **** did they need to make it out of steel. see true hardcore american car fans hated when a riced out 4 banger beat the shit out of there massive v8. again its all about power to weight and the imports focused on power weight and handeling unlike americans did.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:05 AM   #90
HeatherMarie2LT
baby #10,978

Drives: 2010 2LT
I would do the same, good for you
Old 10-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #91
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
Nope, he was an asshat saying anything other "damn that's a nice car". Where some people get the nerve is beyond me. This is America as long as you arn't breaking the law what busniess is it of anyone's what you do or drive?
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:58 PM   #92
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs up

Good for you man! I would have done the same exact thing. I would have let him have it.
And at the end of the "discussion", I would of asked him if he would like to line up his Toyota against the American muscle. That would have shut his yap!! lol
GOOD JOB!!
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:16 PM   #93
NYCSRTATE

Drives: Future ZL1 or CTS V Owner
Kudos to the OP, some people just cant help being stupid, way to put him in his place.
NYCSRTATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:38 PM   #94
jrboyd_1980
A ***'s Headache

Drives: Everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks35 View Post
I was HOT....Was I out of line? And before anyone asks I am not an employee of the big 3 I am actualy a police officer so I have no actual ties to the big three at all. This is just the way I feel.....Am I just one of the few left that feels this way????
Harsh? Your a cop.. Should have arrested him for busted taillight or something
jrboyd_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:57 PM   #95
1HOTSS
1HOTSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Let me tell you all a story of a little girl-the daughter of an accomplished man who was always taught to work hard and be frugal with her money and her lifestyle. then one morning that responsible girl had a stroke and died for a few minutes- when she woke up, she realized that you really can't take it with you-so the WOMAN came on the scene-and the town has never been the same since the blonde in the inferno orange camaro has been driving right on their a$$e$! and her daddy never lectured her again!Life is too short to drive a boring car!
1HOTSS is offline   Reply With Quote