Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-30-2012, 05:36 PM   #15
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
Wondering if anyone else that has Nav in their ZL1 is having the same issue as I am.

Basically, if I try to use the voice command to add an address on the fly, it cuts straight back to the radio before giving me chance to speak, therefore meaning I can't add an address whilst driving because it won't let you type it into the unit (for safety reasons)

I say Navigation, Address, the woman then says please say the address, but before I have chance to say anything it goes off and back to the radio - really frustrating, especially when I had to pull over specifically just to add an address earlier

Anyone else with Nav got the same issue, or can test to see if they have?

Cheers
My NAV does the same thing! Soon as you start to say a address it goes to the radio.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:22 AM   #16
rpepka

Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 2195
It might take them a while to work this one out?
rpepka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:30 AM   #17
Kvapil28

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ
It's not just the Camaro the voice command sucks it never works right in any of the new cars.
Kvapil28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:41 PM   #18
Skylane765

Yes, voice command is a fickle thing, so I will just wait till I hear of some fix or service bulletin.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #19
Vroom

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I can report that I have the same problem. If you say "navigate", then do "help", then say "address", it says something like "say address blah blah" then it goes straight to radio.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #20
Skylane765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom View Post
I can report that I have the same problem. If you say "navigate", then do "help", then say "address", it says something like "say address blah blah" then it goes straight to radio.
Yes, that's why I am not taking it in. There is nothing that can be done until they find a fix for it. No big deal just use onstar it talks very good. The map ia mainly what I wanted in the NAV.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:54 PM   #21
Vroom

*UPDATE*
I went to get my various fluids changed and I was told that there was a software fix for the nav, so I got it. The update takes about 30 minutes.

I can happily report that this problem is fixed...the bad news is the address thing sucks. I couldn't for the life of me get it to navigate to the right address. I'd give it a full address and it'd just pick some random place somewhere in the country. The best I could do is get it to navigate to a specific city.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:31 PM   #22
Skylane765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
If you would like, I can set up a case with GM customer service and then hand you off to the appropriate group that handles specific Infotainment questions. I just need your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership name.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Been there done that, gave a video of the problem and they wanted me to take the car to the dealer, why take it to a dealer and waist my time and GM if there is no fix? Yes I will take it in if they know they have a fix. GM knows the problem and I have given a video of the problem.
Also you will see the date is never right, it is one day ahead even if you try to set it. I have given that video also.

Yes I do not want to mess with the dealer until they know they have a fix.

You will find the APP will not load a in car nav route unless the car is on. It will load a turn by turn on onstar, that is what I use anyway. I am happy just got the NAV I do not care if the voice command does not work. I have no complaints

There is no voice command that really work in any car. That is why it is not used in aircraft at this time. It is very hard to get to work.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:59 AM   #23
Vroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
Been there done that, gave a video of the problem and they wanted me to take the car to the dealer, why take it to a dealer and waist my time and GM if there is no fix? Yes I will take it in if they know they have a fix. GM knows the problem and I have given a video of the problem.
Also you will see the date is never right, it is one day ahead even if you try to set it. I have given that video also.

Yes I do not want to mess with the dealer until they know they have a fix.

You will find the APP will not load a in car nav route unless the car is on. It will load a turn by turn on onstar, that is what I use anyway. I am happy just got the NAV I do not care if the voice command does not work. I have no complaints

There is no voice command that really work in any car. That is why it is not used in aircraft at this time. It is very hard to get to work.
so...my post was to let you know they have a fix...
Old 02-15-2013, 05:55 AM   #24
Jeff65SS

Drives: 1965 Chevelle Malibu SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom View Post
so...my post was to let you know they have a fix...
Great news! Thanks for letting us know.
Jeff65SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:50 AM   #25
DarinU

I have not had problems with the nav but my date was always one day ahead of the actual date. This update with also fix that issue. All total there are 16 updates that get loaded during this update. I tried to grab a copy but they did not have a spare thumb drive.
DarinU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:31 PM   #26
Skylane765

Ok, thanks. Now they do have the fix, so I will take it in. Thanks