Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 02-27-2014, 07:02 PM   #1
Dubscamaro
Living Life in MPH.

Drives: 15 Summit White 2SS 1LE
You guys in Texas

I'mm from AZ and looking into going to Texas Tech for 2 years college and graduate there. Currently @ ASU..How does Texas treat your camaros year round? I'm looking into bringing my 12 silverado and 14 camaro.. any help would be nice! Thanks y'all!
Old 02-27-2014, 07:25 PM   #2
Broke Pilot

Drives: '14 1SS 1LE,'68 Chevelle,'70 Vette
You gotta remember, Texas is freaking huge! It's a great place for camaro a weather wise, but some places can be ugly. Lubbock being one of them... Over the whole state you can drive from desert to snow to humid beaches in one day. Just depends where you are. Lubbock is a nice place, but can get VERY cold and is usually windy. When you start looking towards the panhandle of tx, it's a weird place weather wise. You'll be glad you're bringing a truck! But don't sweat it, you'll like it here... I'll totally trade you and go back to AZ...
Old 02-27-2014, 11:33 PM   #3
ENV US

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green RS, 1999 Camaro
My daughter goes to school at Tech, my son next year. The school offers covered parking ramps on and off campus for an additional cost per school year. Be mindful it gets windy there so there is a lot of dust.
Bonus the biggest Chevrolet Performance Parts Dealer is located in Lubbock.
Welcome to the Red Raider Nation! Guns up!!!!
ENV US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:58 PM   #4
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
Don't listen to the people who say you will love Lubbock. Most can't wait to get outta that place! Those that say they like Lubbock are the ones that are stuck there!

29-28

I keed....I keed. Welcome to Texas!!
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:18 PM   #5
Broke Pilot

Drives: '14 1SS 1LE,'68 Chevelle,'70 Vette
^^^ that's funny....
Old 03-03-2014, 02:03 PM   #6
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Drives: Black on Black Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubscamaro View Post
I'mm from AZ and looking into going to Texas Tech for 2 years college and graduate there. Currently @ ASU..How does Texas treat your camaros year round? I'm looking into bringing my 12 silverado and 14 camaro.. any help would be nice! Thanks y'all!
Youll love the weather in LBK! The downside is when windy its dusty because of all the farm land around there. I live 1-1/2hrs south of LBK and the joke is when there is a strong north wind Lubbock is coming to town! Welcome to Texas!!!!
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #7
John E

Drives: 2014 2SS rs 6M
Being an ex patroit I can attest to the pitfalls. Watch out for hail, sun will beat on your paint, tar from road will wisp up all over sides and rear. Other than that a great place to drive!
John E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:48 PM   #8
Burn Notice24

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by CooG View Post
Don't listen to the people who say you will love Lubbock. Most can't wait to get outta that place! Those that say they like Lubbock are the ones that are stuck there!

29-28

I keed....I keed. Welcome to Texas!!
Lubbock sucks. I wouldn't go there. If you want to come to Texas for college, depending on your GPA and major, look at UT or Rice. They are better schools in much better cities. University of Houston isn't bad either.
Burn Notice24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:30 PM   #9
jkchambless
Austin LT

Drives: 1LT - Airaid,JBA Axleback,VMax PTB
Let's see. The last time I drove the couple of hundred miles from Amarillo to Lubbock to Midland it went kinda like this:

fence, fence, fence, windmill, fence, fence, fence, windmill, fence, fence, TUMBLEWEED, fence, windmill.....
jkchambless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:53 PM   #10
Dubscamaro
Living Life in MPH.

Drives: 15 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn Notice24 View Post
Lubbock sucks. I wouldn't go there. If you want to come to Texas for college, depending on your GPA and major, look at UT or Rice. They are better schools in much better cities. University of Houston isn't bad either.
what sucks is i didn't get the application in before the deadline for UT but I do have a crisp 4.0 GPA so to them haha
Old 03-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #11
DRod9996

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I live in Lubbock, and its ok. Not much to see, like they said...farmland...fence...fence...farmland. Its a college town so theres lots of bars. The weather right now is changing constantly. It was 81 degrees on Saturday and it didnt get above 30 on Sunday and today its almost 60. Dust storms are pretty nasty here since its been really dry.
DRod9996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:02 PM   #12
Burn Notice24

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubscamaro View Post
what sucks is i didn't get the application in before the deadline for UT but I do have a crisp 4.0 GPA so to them haha
You should have a lot of good options then. I would look around some more. You can do better than Lubbock
Burn Notice24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:46 PM   #13
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Drives: Black on Black Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkchambless View Post
Let's see. The last time I drove the couple of hundred miles from Amarillo to Lubbock to Midland it went kinda like this:

fence, fence, fence, windmill, fence, fence, fence, windmill, fence, fence, TUMBLEWEED, fence, windmill.....
I would rather drive my fast car in that than 4 lanes of traffic in either direction bumper to bumper, exit and merging lanes every 100yards, cars honking their horns, slowing to a crawl and missing your turn because traffic wont let you in so now you have to drive 30 miles to the next turn around and go back into the same jam. a 30 mile drive in this part of the state takes 15 mins not 2 hrs.
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:26 PM   #14
DRod9996

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyZL-1 View Post
I would rather drive my fast car in that than 4 lanes of traffic in either direction bumper to bumper, exit and merging lanes every 100yards, cars honking their horns, slowing to a crawl and missing your turn because traffic wont let you in so now you have to drive 30 miles to the next turn around and go back into the same jam. a 30 mile drive in this part of the state takes 15 mins not 2 hrs.
I was also going to mention that. Lots of farm to market roads around here too. Real good if you have a heavy foot, if you know what I mean.