Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
jjjaroscak

Drives: Cyber Gray 2011 2LT Camaro
Help! End link broke!

As I was just getting to work this morning I heard a really loud crack sound come from the back end of my car that scared the crap out of me. I got out and looking under the car and everything looked fine. I drove very carefully and slow back home (only a few miles thankfully) with no problems. When I got home I jacked the car up and started inspecting and found the rear driver side end link had snapped off. And of course it was the end with the built in bolt so I can't really fix it, and I'm also out a nut.

I plan on calling Pfadt tomorrow to see about a replacement but what should I do in the mean time? I assume I shouldn't drive without it. Should I just put the stock one back on? Put both stock end links on? No matter what I do I'll be driving very carefully until I get a replacement.

Thank goodness this happened as I was getting to the parking lot at work and not while I was driving at high speeds.
Attached Images

jjjaroscak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Pfadt will get you setup with a new set. I suggest putting on both stock links in the mean time.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
It's the rear bar that is no longer acting. Since this means you're in for a little more understeer, it's not a 'bad' failure beyond being something that needs fixing. If it was a front endlink that broke, you'd quite likely be in for a little oversteer, which is not so benign.

Until the new parts arrive, I would just remove the rear bar and both endlinks so nothing can get caught between things that move. Then drive a little more carefully because it still will feel and drive a little differently than what you're accustomed to.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote