Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 07-17-2015, 04:21 PM   #1
MTI Racing

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Track Day Bowling Green Museum August 7th

MTI Racing would like to invite you to join us for an incredible track day at The National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green Kentucky on August 7th. Opened in the Fall of 2014, the NCM track is already drawing rave reviews from people who have experienced it. We will be running the full course layout which is 3.15 miles long and is inspired by the world famous Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans).

Register online at:

https://squareup.com/market/just-tra...tte-museum-aug

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/...6#.Va6qSXh9VKM

We will be bringing some MTI shop cars and offering rides all day. We really hope you can join us for what will be an incredible day at the track.
Just Track It is handling the registration and more information can be seen on their web site as well.
http://justtrackit.net/upcoming-even...on/ncm-872015/

Last edited by MTI Racing; 07-21-2015 at 03:51 PM.
MTI Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 06:02 PM   #2
Blackhawk6

Drives: Born:18 Sept 2009 #47903
See you there. Hey I could do another ride along with Reese. Looking forward to seeing old friends again.
2010 Camaro 2SS________________________________________Litho#140

Blackhawk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 06:04 PM   #3
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
Looking forward to it guys. i met some of the MTI guys down at barber a few years ago and they were great. one of the most experienced racers i know speaks very high of you guys as well. bring the cool suits guys. ive been running ice for two of my NASA buddies today. they both said they got so hot they thought they were gonna pass out.
i posted one of these videos in road track videos but i just got the second one and its pretty cool to put both videos side by side. put the mustang incar video at :47 and put the camaro video at 2:38 to sync them up. leave the sound on on both. i was doing lead follow with a friend who was having brake trouble. i was planning on just running with him but when that mustang got to us, i told my wife im going after him. the mustang had better tires and a big ole blower but i just stayed smooth and we finally wore him down. we talked after the run and he was very cool. if this doesnt get you ready to come to BG and rock, then nothing will. whos fired up? its less than 3 weeks away.

mustang in car

camaro in car
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:56 PM   #4
RJT2SSRS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
JOHNSONROD that was a great set of videos. Thanks for the tip on where to sync them at.
Do you remember what tires the mustang was running? If you don't mind what tires were you using? You look very smooth through the corners.
2010 2SS/RS L99 CAI intake Stainless Works headers and Hi-flow cats CORSA cat back exhaust livernois motorsports dyno tune VMAX throttle body ELITE catch can GM clean side catch can 2014 lca BMR rear toe links PEDDERS Supercar suspension PEDDERS poly subframe bushings JPSS BLACK MAGIC rear sway bar DSS 1000 hp axles 1LE wheels Michelin 285/35 tires CTS-V front brake upgrade fuel rail flip heater hose relocation
RJT2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:21 AM   #5
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
i think he was on Hoosier slicks. im running Toyo 888s 295 30 19 square on 10.5 inch wheels. they are better than street tires and they last way longer than slicks. since i have a square setup i can move the tires and even flip them on the rims to get more wear out of them. i started the season with two sets and im still on the first set. the slicks grip way better but they cost more and they wear out 4 times as fast.
thanks for the smooth comment. when i watch his video he just seems so fast and when i watch my video it seems so boring. i guess boring is fast lol.
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:22 PM   #6
RJT2SSRS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Thanks for the info JOHNSONROD. I have been thinking about the 19" wheels too. Might wait till the end of summer and look around for a good buy when the season here in Michigan is pretty much over.
2010 2SS/RS L99 CAI intake Stainless Works headers and Hi-flow cats CORSA cat back exhaust livernois motorsports dyno tune VMAX throttle body ELITE catch can GM clean side catch can 2014 lca BMR rear toe links PEDDERS Supercar suspension PEDDERS poly subframe bushings JPSS BLACK MAGIC rear sway bar DSS 1000 hp axles 1LE wheels Michelin 285/35 tires CTS-V front brake upgrade fuel rail flip heater hose relocation
RJT2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote