Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-19-2012, 02:44 AM   #1
austin918

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS
Factory Amp?

I am wanting to add sub-woofers and an amp to my factory radio so I bought the wiring harness from ********, however I do not even know if it will work with the 2012 Camaro 1LS, I do not know where the factory amp is even located, could someone please help me?
austin918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
Eric Baker

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS 6M
The 1LS doesn't come standard with the B/A system, so you probably don't have an amp. Do your front door spaker grills say Boston Acoustics? If not, you don't. If they do, the amp is by the drivers side taillight behind the carpet in the trunk.
Eric Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
austin918

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS
Thanks, looks like i bought that wiring harness for nothing, hope I can return it.
austin918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:23 AM   #4
spckatnip

Drives: '11 2SS/RS 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin918 View Post
Thanks, looks like i bought that wiring harness for nothing, hope I can return it.
Honestly, they are pretty rare these days because they are on back order. You may actually be able to find someone here in the threads that is looking to buy one. It would get you some money and help a fellow camaro guy out. Look in the for sale threads or do a search and I bet you will have some luck.