Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-17-2007, 11:06 PM   #1
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Don't do this at home.

CHASING A FORD GT

This is a nice video to show how fast these cars can actually go...and how stupid drivers can be...
Although this gets your heart pumping a little, and the adrenaline flowing as you watch...I hope they both got caught someway or another...

There were way too many close calls. Funny, but extremely stupid.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:27 PM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
They were going up to about double the speed limit. I would be scared to be on the road if those two came flying by me. A busy highway is not the place to do those things
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:48 PM   #3
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
If that was me, I would've had 20 cops behind me before I hit 90, this guy's apparently not worried.

The problem with that sort of driving is that you never know who's going to pull out in front of you. Some drivers simply don't realize that you're coming up on them doing 175 mph, while others take a more vigilante approach and deliberately cut you off in order to get you to slow down. That could be disastrous.

But I think America needs an Autobahn just for people like this. That kind of driving is in a person's blood; they're not show-off's, they love speed and the rush that it gives them. That doesn't give them the right to endanger other people's lives but I fully understand where they're coming from.
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:12 AM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705

I've got plenty of stories I could tell about headless bodies I've had to pick up because of fools like these.

Take it to the track. Not only are you putting your life in danger...you're putting me, my wife, my son, and my babies lives in danger too. And...that pisses me off. That's why man built race tracks. If you are going to act like that, do it at 4am on a highway in BFE w/ no one else on the road.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:27 AM   #5
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
CHASING A FORD GT

This is a nice video to show how fast these cars can actually go...and how stupid drivers can be...
Although this gets your heart pumping a little, and the adrenaline flowing as you watch...I hope they both got caught someway or another...

There were way too many close calls. Funny, but extremely stupid.
That video was posted to the net quite some time ago, they were part of the Bull Run event across the country. That was shot on the highways here in Metro Detroit.

It caused such a stir once it hit the media they pulled copies from the net everyplace they could.

Can anyone download that to an attachment and forward a copy to me? I've been looking for one for a while
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:23 AM   #6
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post
But I think America needs an Autobahn just for people like this. That kind of driving is in a person's blood.
Ameri-bahn FTW!!! I always had this way-out-there dream of building an American-style Nurburgring....

My "great"-aunt has some 300 acres of land...and if she ended up leaving it to my family, which isn't likely to happen, I'd push very hard to build a master-track to rival all others.....with a 2-3 mile straightaway built in....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
Can anyone download that to an attachment and forward a copy to me? I've been looking for one for a while
I can try...but It'd be a flash video, is that okay?
Old 10-18-2007, 11:12 AM   #7
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Ameri-bahn FTW!!! I always had this way-out-there dream of building an American-style Nurburgring....

My "great"-aunt has some 300 acres of land...and if she ended up leaving it to my family, which isn't likely to happen, I'd push very hard to build a master-track to rival all others.....with a 2-3 mile straightaway built in....

I can try...but It'd be a flash video, is that okay?
I'd try it out - I'll PM you my email
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote