Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-20-2014, 07:32 PM   #1
gml1998

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
DJ Grilles troubles ??

I ordered the Strada grille for the Camaro on July 16th as part of their group buy.
I was told the grille "should" ship the week of July 28th. I e-mailed them the first week of August and Jonivan responded "let me look in to it and I will get you an answer ASAP". You guessed it ,he never responded.
So last week on August 11th I called and got Ericka and she "checks in to it" and says it should ship on Thursday the 14th and she would e-mail tracking numbers.
Thursday comes and goes and you guessed it again, no tracking numbers.
I call on the 15th and spoke to Ericka again. She told me it would be shipped that day and she would e-mail tracking info.
So last Friday afternoon she e-mailed me a tracking number.It was late so there wasn't any info on the package on Friday.
Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday there was no scanned package with my tracking number. All it says is "shipment information sent to Fedex".
Today I called Ericka and she "looked in to it" again and told me Fed ex has the package and it should be scanned today and I should see some activity. Well it's 7:00pm here which is 5:00pm on the west coast and still no activity with my tracking #.
I don't know much about Fed ex but I would think as soon as they get a package they would slap a bar code on it an scan it in. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Another thing that has me concerned is that several of there previous threads on Camaro5 including the DJ grille summer group buy come up with a message that says "this item no longer active". It bothers me that their threads have disappeared.
Has anyone else had trouble with them? Does anyone know the name of the owner and should I try to contact them?
They charged my card the full amount on July 16th when I placed the order.
Thanks for any input.

Last edited by gml1998; 09-16-2014 at 06:40 AM.
gml1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:42 PM   #2
Pharmaro

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gml1998 View Post
I ordered the Strada grille for the Camaro on July 16th as part of their group buy.
I was told the grille "should" ship the week of July 28th. I e-mailed them the first week of August and Jonivan responded "let me look in to it and I will get you an answer ASAP". You guessed it ,he never responded.
So last week on August 11th I called and got Ericka and she "checks in to it" and says it should ship on Thursday the 14th and she would e-mail tracking numbers.
Thursday comes and goes and you guessed it again, no tracking numbers.
I call on the 15th and spoke to Ericka again. She told me it would be shipped that day and she would e-mail tracking info.
So last Friday afternoon she e-mailed me a tracking number.It was late so there wasn't any info on the package on Friday.
Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday there was no scanned package with my tracking number. All it says is "shipment information sent to Fedex".
Today I called Ericka and she "looked in to it" again and told me Fed ex has the package and it should be scanned today and I should see some activity. Well it's 7:00pm here which is 5:00pm on the west coast and still no activity with my tracking #.
I don't know much about Fed ex but I would think as soon as they get a package they would slap a bar code on it an scan it in. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Another thing that has me concerned is that several of there previous threads on Camaro5 including the DJ grille summer group buy come up with a message that says "this item no longer active". It bothers me that their threads have disappeared.
Has anyone else had trouble with them? Does anyone know the name of the owner and should I try to contact them?
They charged my card the full amount on July 16th when I placed the order.
Thanks for any input.
The owner's name is Dan. I will tell you from experience that their shipping is sketchy, in terms of visibility to the customer (I've purchased a couple grilles and they're always packed well). But the items have always arrived.
Pharmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:01 PM   #3
gml1998

A little good news I think. My package was scanned (today, august 20th) at 6:05 pacific time in Anneheim CA.
It is due here on the 26th. hopefully there are no other issues.
Boy it frosts my A$$ that they have to do things this way.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:36 AM   #4
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS 2013
cant wait to see it on your car.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:27 PM   #5
J-Crazy Camaro

Drives: Red V8
I hope you are taking it to a shop to install their stuff, a lot of their products require modification. But also they are pretty badass looking so it will be cool to see on your Camaro
J-Crazy Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 03:08 PM   #6
gml1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Crazy Camaro View Post
I hope you are taking it to a shop to install their stuff, a lot of their products require modification. But also they are pretty badass looking so it will be cool to see on your Camaro
According to DJ Grilles, the bumper cover has to be removed ,then existing grille removed. Then several holes drilled into bumper cover and attach new grill. They stated drilled holes would be covered by reinstalling old grill.
I will be doing this myself.
After I get the grille I am going to see if it is possible to put some type of lighting in/around the 4 ports.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:20 PM   #7
626ortiz

Drives: camaro 2ss
I had the same problem. I'd never recommend anybody to buy from there. As a company they should keep you more in the loop especially since they stuff cost so damn much
Old 08-22-2014, 08:43 PM   #8
Forcer

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
I love mine, i had the same problem when i ordered mine.. kept putting me off due to production, but was worth the wait.. and patience.

Forcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:49 AM   #9
gml1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcer View Post
I love mine, i had the same problem when i ordered mine.. kept putting me off due to production, but was worth the wait.. and patience.

Looks great. Can't wait for mine.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:29 PM   #10
gml1998

Good news , In got my grill today. It looks great.
Bad news, they didn't ship the lower grill.
I got an e-mail last night with tracking numbers for the "2nd half of your order".
No one bothered to tell me they only shipped the upper grill.
So I get to wait another 3 days.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:50 PM   #11
11TexaSS

Drives: 2011RedJewel, FI
You gotta post pics. I was considering the same grill
11TexaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:43 AM   #12
gml1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11TexaSS View Post
You gotta post pics. I was considering the same grill
It will be a bit before I install the grille. After I get the lower grille I am taking to a friends to see if he can figure out a way to put lighting behind the ports on the grille.
For now here is a pic of upper uninstalled. It appears to be made very well.We will see how it fits soon enough.
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2014, 06:39 AM   #13
gml1998

I finally got the grille installed. I had a few parts hydrodipped and a quick emblem made by Emblem pros till I can figure out something little better.
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2014, 03:58 PM   #14
J-Crazy Camaro

Drives: Red V8
that looks awesome, glad it turned out so well!
J-Crazy Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote