Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-14-2009, 05:19 PM   #29
thor48

Drives: CTT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccd34 View Post
What does being thin have to do with anything????? Just Playing
Actually, when purchasing an American car with leather seats, one must not be too heavy. I'll explain. I had a Durango R/T and where the seat bottom comes together with the seat back the leather on the seat pulled away from the cam rollers (let you adjust the seat back tilt) leaving sharp edges exposed and cut my trousers. When I went to the Dodge dealer to have it looked at under warranty, I was told I was too heavy and that's why the leather pulled away from the seat. Well I weighed about 250lbs then and although I am not Twiggy, I didn't think that was 'too heavy'. So after many problems with the R/T, I sold it. I have been driving a Porsche Cayenne since March 2006, fully leather lined and no problems. Oh yes, I did gain some weight in late 2007 and hit 295lbs (since have lost 30 of those pounds). But the point is, the leather has not pull away nor does it show much sign of wear after 57,000+ miles. So, one must really be careful with the leather they are putting in our venerable Camaro. I would rather pay for the good stuff and have a truly great interior than pay less for thin split cowhide processed in Lord knows where. It should be apparent to the car makers that we are willing to pay for the good stuff - so at least offer it. I think if I was going to spend all the tiem and energy to bring back an ICON, I would bring it back right, no short cuts, no cheap fixes. Show everyone that it can be done right !

Last edited by thor48; 11-17-2009 at 12:49 PM.
thor48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:27 PM   #30
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
i use armor all leather wipes once a week and will be using meguiars leather conditioner once a month.

ive used this combination for years on my vehicle's leather seating surfaces and they look as sharp as can be for a 90K mile 96 impala and a 62K mile 05 tahoe.

It only makes sense the 'maro get the same pampering as my other girls

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote