Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 08-29-2010, 08:05 PM   #1
Phase V
Summer

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM w/ Black Stripes
Send a message via AIM to Phase V Send a message via Yahoo to Phase V Send a message via Skype™ to Phase V
Early Oct Track & Cruise?

I'm off Oct 1st-3rd and Figured maybe some people wanted to get together and go to the track and then go for a cruise and get some food or something. Thought I would put an idea out there to see how many people were interested.

Restoring or need parts for a Chevy. Look no further than Don's East Coast Restorations
Phase V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:56 PM   #2
WayneBrady
Super Mario Racing

Drives: 2013 Ashen Grey 2SS/RS M6
if there are hot chics involved heck yeah....no wait,....i only have a stock v6. I shouldn't drag that thing to a track. I will be trading that in for a v8 maybe....then get that bitch some horsepower. I am a speed addict, doesnt mean I want or am opposed to fast....people.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
Phase V
Summer

Send a message via AIM to Phase V Send a message via Yahoo to Phase V Send a message via Skype™ to Phase V
you can be there for moral support cuz I've never raced yet and I have never driven a stick before this car so it will be a fun experience

Restoring or need parts for a Chevy. Look no further than Don's East Coast Restorations
Old 08-30-2010, 08:12 AM   #4
Dedlydragoness

Drives: 2010 Red\Black Camaro 1LT M6
Send a message via AIM to Dedlydragoness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase V View Post
you can be there for moral support cuz I've never raced yet and I have never driven a stick before this car so it will be a fun experience
Cool you posted it! I am there def this time. I won't be racing mine either, sigh, even though I really want to. What day and what track are you thinking?
Old 08-30-2010, 04:05 PM   #5
Phase V
Summer

I have no idea. the only track I know is Capital Raceway. if anyone has a better place and more specific date. I dont work that whole weekend so I figure the more people that respond to this we can work a more solid date from the majority of people who wanna come

Old 08-30-2010, 06:32 PM   #6
vernal

Drives: 2010 2SS ABM 6M;1992 5.0 LX Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedlydragoness View Post
Cool you posted it! I am there def this time. I won't be racing mine either, sigh, even though I really want to. What day and what track are you thinking?
Why aren't you running your car?

vernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:54 PM   #7
vernal

Quote:
It will definitely be fun! You might want to bring a helmet just in case (for Test and Tune any helmet will do, I've been using a borrowed motorcycle helmet), and remember to wear long pants and closed shoes.

BTW, I've been in the crowd when people have stalled their cars at the lines, nobody even snickers, so just enjoy it. I've also been the one AT the line when the car stalls, its just one of those things.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:55 PM   #8
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Have trailer, will travel. Cecil County is a great place to go and in Oct its a very fast track. I'll keep an eye on this thread and maybe I'll meet up. As long as it doesn't interfere with Tuna season. Its been a gd year so far!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:12 PM   #9
Dedlydragoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernal View Post
Why aren't you running your car?
Well, when I used to run my TA at the track, I would launch really hard and run the hell out of it that it would brake stuff here and there, part of racing, lol. I am just scared that something might break and its the only car I have. I had beaters back then. If I run it, I will just be easy with her.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:17 PM   #10
Dedlydragoness

Quote:
I have no idea. the only track I know is Capital Raceway. if anyone has a better place and more specific date. I dont work that whole weekend so I figure the more people that respond to this we can work a more solid date from the majority of people who wanna come
I know Capital does T n T on Friday nights, and MIR Fridays and Sundays??? Yep, we have time to figure it out.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:17 PM   #11
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
I might go to MIR either this sunday or monday for test and tune (10AM -6PM)....I still need a helmet though :( .... MIR is a good hooking track and I hope it aint too hot....to the point that it kills the ET's....
Old 08-30-2010, 08:19 PM   #12
Dedlydragoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnoopster View Post
I might go to MIR either this sunday or monday for test and tune (10AM -6PM)....I still need a helmet though :( .... MIR is a good hooking track and I hope it aint too hot....to the point that it kills the ET's....
You can use my helmet if you want. Just let me know!
Old 08-30-2010, 08:19 PM   #13
vernal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedlydragoness View Post
Well, when I used to run my TA at the track, I would launch really hard and run the hell out of it that it would brake stuff here and there, part of racing, lol. I am just scared that something might break and its the only car I have. I had beaters back then. If I run it, I will just be easy with her.
Just run through 1/8 mile instead of the full 1/4. You probably won't have enough traction to break anything if you're still using stock tires, and I'm guessing the 6 will cross the 1/8 in the 70+ mph range, same as a fun highway merge but much safer since you're at the track. Assuming you have a stock car with stock tires, anything that goes wrong should be covered by the warranty. Just make sure your oil is ok before you go, and I really can't imagine anything going wrong.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:28 PM   #14
vernal

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnoopster View Post
I've started lifting after the 1/8 mile so I don't have any helmet worries. I'm just working on the launch now, which is a much bigger pain then I expected. Once I can hit a 9.0 or better I'll go for the helmet and start running the full 1/4 again, but all of the skill stuff is done after 1/8 (you have to shift to 3rd to make it across in the m6, not sure about the automatic) so the last 1/8 is just keeping it floored and pointing it straight.

Edit: Also, I ran 3 straight 13's with no helmet (different track, though) before they warned me not to do it again until I got a helmet.

Last edited by vernal; 08-30-2010 at 08:52 PM.