Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-17-2024, 02:54 AM   #43
Brian2SS

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Awesome!! Keep us posted please. I'm sure there are more members out there curious as well.
It arrives tomorrow. I'll be snapping some pics out of the box. Hoping it will be identical to the true mpd1
Old 04-17-2024, 09:58 AM   #44
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian2SS View Post
It arrives tomorrow. I'll be snapping some pics out of the box. Hoping it will be identical to the true mpd1
Very cool sir!! If it is done as they used to be by Eric, the underside should be a show quality finish, and you will notice it is a two piece hood, molded together, underside, and outside section. Good luck, hope it's the real deal. Should be if they got the original molds..
Old 04-17-2024, 09:48 PM   #45
Brian2SS

So I got the hood. I was under the impression that the underside would be like the one in the earlier post with the provision for the cold air intake. Here it is. I dont know a damn thing about bodywork but its going to need to be cut around the edge of the hood that way it wont rub. Here are the pictures. How do I upload pictures on here??
Old 04-17-2024, 09:51 PM   #46
Brian2SS

Here are the pictures. The hood comes in white, so im going to see if a shop can throw a satin or matte black wrap on there. I might also ask around to see if its possible to trim the edge around to the hood to have a proper gap like OEM.
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2024, 10:00 PM   #47
Brian2SS

On the ride home, theres this spot with this mural outside so I had to snap a pic real quick.
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2024, 10:54 AM   #48
1JEWLDSSRS

Wow, the hood looks good, except for the gap issue and the fact that there is NO opening for the CAI and opening underneath the rear cowl for the air to come in. That's a bummer. Mine just bolted right on with NO gap issues at all. I guess that is one of the many "details" that Eric paid attention to when he made his, that's why he had such a quality product people wanted..Looking at the hood underneath, looks to be the "plain" COPO hood, not the functional cowl hood I have. Eric sold both when he made them, along with rear spoilers, diffusers and splitters.. Anyway, love the cowl hoods!!
Old 04-18-2024, 03:00 PM   #49
Brian2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Wow, the hood looks good, except for the gap issue and the fact that there is NO opening for the CAI and opening underneath the rear cowl for the air to come in. That's a bummer. Mine just bolted right on with NO gap issues at all. I guess that is one of the many "details" that Eric paid attention to when he made his, that's why he had such a quality product people wanted..Looking at the hood underneath, looks to be the "plain" COPO hood, not the functional cowl hood I have. Eric sold both when he made them, along with rear spoilers, diffusers and splitters.. Anyway, love the cowl hoods!!

Yea... I emailed them regarding the correct underside. I have yet to receive a reply back. I could have sworn there are 3 versions of this hood. The Functional one that you have. The copo showroom one and one more. I think the one that I have is the one that the green Camaro on this post has.
Old 04-18-2024, 03:07 PM   #50
Brian2SS

But the quality of the finish is amazing. I will admit that. A little bit of trimming on the edge won't hurt at all. I'll see if I can make it work for now.
Old 04-18-2024, 07:09 PM   #51
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
It looks pretty good, and this trimming is no problem, most fiberglass hoods needs fit and finish before paint anyways!
Old 04-18-2024, 08:16 PM   #52
Brian2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLS1 View Post
It looks pretty good, and this trimming is no problem, most fiberglass hoods needs fit and finish before paint anyways!
Could anyone confirm for me what the actual hood gap size is on the edge of our hood, all the way around between fenders and front bumper?? I want to use that as reference. Im going around asking for quotes at the moment.

Last edited by Brian2SS; 04-18-2024 at 08:45 PM.
Brian2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 11:30 AM   #53
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Could anyone confirm for me what the actual hood gap size is on the edge of our hood, all the way around between fenders and front bumper?? I want to use that as reference. Im going around asking for quotes at the moment.
My factory hood has never been off to my knowledge, and the gap is roughly 1/8 all the way around. Where you able to mount and maintain the hood prop strut with this hood? Or is that something that you lose with the aftermarket hood?

Also, it looked like a gloss painted white. Is it actually painted? Or is it just a gelcoat? If its painted, I might just have one more reason to pull the trigger on this hood myself.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 12:34 PM   #54
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Hey there, I replied to your PM, mine is 1/4 inch all the way around, with about 1/8th inch between the hood and front bumper cover.
Old 04-22-2024, 12:38 PM   #55
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
My factory hood has never been off to my knowledge, and the gap is roughly 1/8 all the way around. Where you able to mount and maintain the hood prop strut with this hood? Or is that something that you lose with the aftermarket hood?

Also, it looked like a gloss painted white. Is it actually painted? Or is it just a gelcoat? If its painted, I might just have one more reason to pull the trigger on this hood myself.
When I went down to Eric's shop to install mine, he was only about an hour and a half south of me, mine was a black gelcoat finish. I'm sure his is a white gelcoat finish. I'm sure if it were in fact painted, it would cost a bit more than what he paid. I don't think I saw a "custom paint" option on their website.
Old 04-22-2024, 12:40 PM   #56
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Yea... I emailed them regarding the correct underside. I have yet to receive a reply back. I could have sworn there are 3 versions of this hood. The Functional one that you have. The copo showroom one and one more. I think the one that I have is the one that the green Camaro on this post has.
Yeah, Eric had three hoods, COPO,Functional Cowl Induction, and the Zforce hood...