Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-30-2012, 08:24 AM   #29
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
That is correct. Will buy the hood if they do the diffuser. If not then prob won't pick up the hood
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #30
CamaroI

Yep no go on the Diffuser from SLP...You have to have the SLP car conversion from the get go to obtain. I even inquired about conversion now, but they siad no go. You have to do conversion from the start. Seems ridiculous to me. I was totally unaware of the conversion when purchasing my car. However with 16,000 miles on it
will not do. It would be nice for diffuser to be an aftermarket option so others could enjoy that option. Sadly not. I was willing to pay whatever they were asking also, but seems to be locked down at this point. If someone wants to sell theres and in good condition let me know.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #31
CamaroI

I also looked into there Supercharger package which started at $6900 and they stated no go with that package as well.

As a side note they stated if place headers on with SLP supercharger you void any supercharger warranty. Strange?? I thought better air flow would be helpful in a supercharger. They said nope OEM setup with catback just fine?? Hmmmm
Old 01-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #32
ZL-Bee
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
CamaroI contact your local sales rep about Conversions. I contacted Anne as well and got a no go as well. My 2010 has 18k miles and they will do a ZL427 package for me. Though I'm leaning away from doing ZL conversion for the first $3500 it'd cost I think I could find much better value in good mods. Unless it's a 427 rear wheel HP package and not a typical rated 427HP.
ZL-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:13 AM   #33
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
I also looked into there Supercharger package which started at $6900 and they stated no go with that package as well.

As a side note they stated if place headers on with SLP supercharger you void any supercharger warranty. Strange?? I thought better air flow would be helpful in a supercharger. They said nope OEM setup with catback just fine?? Hmmmm
They only warrant the Stage 1 kit.....F, the warranty, if you have a tight car and it's put together right, you have no worries. That's the price for the need for speed. If your AC breaks it's still covered.

Get an MPD1 hood, Z-Force, true ram induction, can't beat it. better quality IMO

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:19 AM   #34
ZL-Bee
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I've had the thought of saying screw SLP and get the MPD1 hood after seeing how good it looks on your car. For the cost of a conversion, I think there's plenty of performance mods & appearance mods to be had that would be just as awesome.
ZL-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #35
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL-Bee View Post
I've had the thought of saying screw SLP and get the MPD1 hood after seeing how good it looks on your car. For the cost of a conversion, I think there's plenty of performance mods & appearance mods to be had that would be just as awesome.
I agree 100%, that's why all I got from SLP was the Supercharger...Period....The parts I added on are better than SLPs, Pedders, Pfadt, BMR all BLOW away what SLP use (no disrespect to SLP car owners) but SLP use Eibach springs, Pedders & Pfadt are the best in the business, Eibach is bargain basement stuff. Go to SLP site and see for yourself, they call it their brand, but it's Eibach stuff.

As far as the hood, Eric @ MPD1 makes the most amazing hoods, spoilers & body kits. The fitment is second to none, read his threads and the responses, you won't see one!

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote