Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-10-2014, 03:40 PM   #15
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squillo View Post
Those pictures make so happy to live in Hawaii
Dude i so envy you. Ontario has been one big pain in the azz this year. Worst winter in 10 years. The premium you pay on that island for the insane weather is so worth it.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:53 PM   #16
danthemuffinman
@dandausch

Drives: 2010 white Camaro 2SS RS
YO the Pzero are worthless. If I get an inch on the ground, these things are unstable. They are like fingers without fingernails. If there is any bit of slippage, they suck. I haven't even tested the grip of them going fast because I don't trust them at all.

I am planning to have 2 sets of wheels and tires eventually. What is avg tread life on the Pzero? I hope I can find some good tires that last! I can't imagine these will last long if they are soft, summer tires.
danthemuffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:55 PM   #17
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
Dude i so envy you. Ontario has been one big pain in the azz this year. Worst winter in 10 years. The premium you pay on that island for the insane weather is so worth it.

I grew up in NY, so I really appreciate the difference.
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:26 PM   #18
TigerFA

Drives: Camaro 2SS 2017 Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic73 View Post
Had to go to Harrisburg PA for my nephews birthday today and it started to snow. A 2 hour drive home turned into a 4.5 hour drive. All in all it handled pretty well got loose a few times, but that was more due to idiots driving.
You say it, idiots driving, I was just getting to the mall yesterday with dry roads, came out everything white, it was to early then predicted. oh fu.... summer tires on the baby.....omg

what follows you can imagine.... I never was more carefully with a car like in that moment to come home, even left the highway, because start and stops are rid..... with ice under the snow, and there are still idiots they think its summer and try to race it you have to take more care that nobody crashes in your car then to keep it on the street, just awful

just talking about t going to the side roads, ok about 5 - 10mph, if you rolling is good, if you have to stop at a light and go is bad. It almost took me about 1min to come over a cross section ok it thought get the hazard lights on, right lane. There are 2 more lanes to the left for idiots, what they do driving 1m behind you and try to push you?! What in the hell, I just let her go with idle and clutch and she tried to come over my front... even gear change when I was around 1k rpm in 2nd or 3rd she tried to push without any throttle.

Downshift, hell no the back tries to pass you because the engine is braking so hard that it works like the handbrake.....
never again guys, I stay home that days. And donīt try with summer tires.

I mean I have several racing driving schools behind me even ADAC security courses in Germany but this was ridiculous. Happy to got my baby home after 1.5 hrs for 20miles.

And my neighbor was already there

Greets Steve
Attached Images

TigerFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:28 PM   #19
TigerFA

Drives: Camaro 2SS 2017 Red Hot
Oh I forgot P-Zeros also but its not all season, that's are only summer tires guys
TigerFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:43 AM   #20
Cars and Tea
Banned

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I got caught out in 2-3 inches of snow 35 minutes away from my house with P-Zeros.

Never again.
Cars and Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:33 AM   #21
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLOTAGAMES View Post
Not sure what tires you have-but here is a shout out for anyone that can navigate with P-Zero's. I backed out of garage yesterday into maybe 2 inches of snow-could barely get it back into the garage.
The pic in my avatar is on stock tires on my zl1 in 4-6 inches of snow. I took it down a side road just to see. Anyone says they do ok in snow is lying....

But at least I can say I tried.
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:27 AM   #22
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
I was a little pissed about the summer only tires that came on the car, wasn't informed that it came with them by the dealer. So after spending almost $29,000 on a new car I should not have to spend another $800+ to put new tires on it so I could drive it year round.

GM should have sold these with all season tires to area's that have cold winters.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:42 AM   #23
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Mind boggling.
Indydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:12 PM   #24
Rich Gonz

Drives: 2010 2ss
I'm in my first winter with the ss this year. The Conti DWS are actually pretty solid. I had to take her out in a few bad storms and it wasn't all that bad, side streets were in terrible condition but it all went way better than expected haha
GPI SS2 VVT Cam + supporting goodies installed by Jerry @ Ideal Garage, BBK 1 7/8 Long Tubes catless/resonator and muffler delete, CircleD 3200 Stall, CAI air intake, Rx Catch Can, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Hotchkis 1 Inch Springs and Sways, TSW Nurburgring wheels,
Rich Gonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:46 PM   #25
pgreen

Drives: 2018 2LT RS Camaro Convertible
I got the Blizzak snow tires in November and have been VERY happy with them. We have had a crapload of snow here in the Philly Western suburbs. I live on a hill on a street that rarely gets plowed and have had no problems going up or down the street.
Love my Camaro!!
pgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:46 AM   #26
kaly

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS. 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic73 View Post
I was a little pissed about the summer only tires that came on the car, wasn't informed that it came with them by the dealer. So after spending almost $29,000 on a new car I should not have to spend another $800+ to put new tires on it so I could drive it year round.

GM should have sold these with all season tires to area's that have cold winters.
I put a new set of tires on the car the same thing a week after I bought the car in November. Since it's my only car, I had to make 2 trips from the tire place twice to bring the P-zeros home.
kaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:13 PM   #27
pgreen

Drives: 2018 2LT RS Camaro Convertible
I feel your pain, Kaly. I have a 2013 Convertible so I am at the mercy of my friends with a van or pick up. I can't even get 1 tire in the trunk! lol
pgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:28 PM   #28
RallyellowRS

Drives: 2012 2LT RS
This winter has been a snowy one this year for us in the Philly area. My husband will not let me get snow tires for my Camaro. I just want this winter to end!
RallyellowRS is offline   Reply With Quote