Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > UK

Old 02-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
Rendo

Drives: 2010 2SS
Hi

Just popping in here saying hello to the C5 members in the UK. Anyone know of any events on this island for cars like ours? I see a lot classic car shows, but nothing suitable for 5th Gens.

Nice weather we are having.

Rendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
stray bullitt

Drives: Bentley Continental GT.
Aye up Rendo! American shows are few and far between here. There is Americana at the showground in Northhants in the summer, and I have attended some AACI meetings in Lincoln, which are purely for American cars, but not Camaros specifically. Where abouts are you in the UK. If you were local to me I'd meet for a chat, and you could take the piss out of my V6.

P.S. I notice you have a Peterborough (AE) area code on your number plate. That's only 35 miles from me. Who imported it?
stray bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
UK all day

Old 02-18-2012, 07:14 AM   #4
Rendo

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray bullitt View Post
Aye up Rendo! American shows are few and far between here. There is Americana at the showground in Northhants in the summer, and I have attended some AACI meetings in Lincoln, which are purely for American cars, but not Camaros specifically. Where abouts are you in the UK. If you were local to me I'd meet for a chat, and you could take the piss out of my V6.

P.S. I notice you have a Peterborough (AE) area code on your number plate. That's only 35 miles from me. Who imported it?
Hey Stray Bullitt, I had no idea the letters on the plate indicated location. I love just south of Peterborough. I'm an American and bought the car from another American who brought it over with him.

Thanks for the info on the car shows, I will definitely check them out.

Since your around this area, would you happen to know the location of a touchless car wash. Can't wash the car where I am currently located and all the build up is really starting to get at me.
Rendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #5
stray bullitt

Drives: Bentley Continental GT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendo View Post

Since your around this area, would you happen to know the location of a touchless car wash. Can't wash the car where I am currently located and all the build up is really starting to get at me.
Until I joined this forum, I had not heard of touchless car washes. I don't know if they are just an American idea. I usually hand wash mine, but after the recent snow, and the tons of salt on the road, I took it for a thrashing in a traditional car wash, mainly because they had a chassis jet spray. Happily myself and the car are alive and well, with not a swirl mark on us. Yellow is quite forgiving in that respect though, whereas your black would probably show every stroke of the nylon brushes.

Are you a permanent import, or in the military? I imported my wife from Pennsylvania 16 years ago....and she stayed!! Despite our drizzly weather, and very very flat landscape. She now has a yellow Harley Davidson to go with my Camaro, so I'm gradually turning our little area of England into a bit of America. There won't be a ten gallon hat or cowboy boots though.
stray bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote