Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 09-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #1
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
1LE cold air intake choice... HELP needed.

On the current Camaro v6 I have a CaI injen black coating and is the long system, so it gies all the way down. I algo got a special fiber that covers the filter so it wont trap water.

I started looking at all the Cold air intakes at phastekperformance.com funny thing is that I want a long system of cold air intake ... But it seems like nobody?? makes them.. not even Injen... Anybody know of any companies that make long systems.. I love the injen cause sometimes u can hear a whistle... Like the sound of a bov on a small turbo..

Why don't they offer the Long systems for SS ? Is the short ram any good? To me it seems that it dosent get much air.. and the one it gets its hot.

What intakes do u Guys recommend for the 1LE?
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
1LEE

Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
On the current Camaro v6 I have a CaI injen black coating and is the long system, so it gies all the way down. I algo got a special fiber that covers the filter so it wont trap water.

I started looking at all the Cold air intakes at phastekperformance.com funny thing is that I want a long system of cold air intake ... But it seems like nobody?? makes them.. not even Injen... Anybody know of any companies that make long systems.. I love the injen cause sometimes u can hear a whistle... Like the sound of a bov on a small turbo..

Why don't they offer the Long systems for SS ? Is the short ram any good? To me it seems that it dosent get much air.. and the one it gets its hot.

Same as the SS....

Just research what works for the SS boys.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Quote:

I'd just as soon save the money and invest in long tube headers. Much bigger bang for your buck than the intake.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #4
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 376 View Post
I'd just as soon save the money and invest in long tube headers. Much bigger bang for your buck than the intake.

I wanna do that bad thing I live in California I got tons os smog restrictions
Old 09-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
I wanna do that bad thing I live in California I got tons os smog restrictions
KALIFORNIA!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
KALIFORNIA!

This

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
ADM race CAI system.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #8
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
I am thinking CAI powder coated black, with a dry Amsoil cone filter and cone cover.
Mgizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #9
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
CAI CAI with the scoop.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:08 AM   #10
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:

Whether you got a long or short, we are pulling ambient air from the same location. Our system is designed to keep that cooler ambient air as cool as possible, which is why we insulate our airbox and ceramic coat our intake tube, to reduce heat soak and maintain the lowest IAT possible. If you have any questions let me know, thanks!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #11
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=Sales @ CAI Inc;5584821]Whether you got a long or short, we are pulling ambient air from the same location. Our system is designed to keep that cooler ambient air as cool as possible, which is why we insulate our airbox and ceramic coat our intake tube, to reduce heat soak and maintain the lowest IAT possible. If you have any questions let me know, thanks! [/QUOTE

What's the increase on HP and torque ? Price ?
Old 09-18-2012, 05:55 AM   #12
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
[QUOTE=Lio Martinez;5586187]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Whether you got a long or short, we are pulling ambient air from the same location. Our system is designed to keep that cooler ambient air as cool as possible, which is why we insulate our airbox and ceramic coat our intake tube, to reduce heat soak and maintain the lowest IAT possible. If you have any questions let me know, thanks! [/QUOTE

What's the increase on HP and torque ? Price ?
About 15-18 RWHP with the scoop. You can feel it and the sound is ripping. CAI+scoop can be had for about $450 if I remember. The black CAI is cool.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #13
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
with other supporting mods the intake becomes less and less important. It is a building block mod. I can tell you that all of them will outflow a stock one, once you have other supporting mods (LT Headers, and catback.) I saw my neighbors dyno 15 RWHP less(LTs and catback only) than my other neighbor who had LTs catback and K&N.

I personally went with the K&N because of price. I also went with the "plastic" one because any metal pipe is hot when dealing with underhood temps. I still can't figure out why people buy intakes with metal tubes.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?prod=63-3074

I actually bought it on Amazon.com

$253 and free 2 day shipping. WIN!
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #14
1LEE

Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcroft View Post
with other supporting mods the intake becomes less and less important. It is a building block mod. I can tell you that all of them will outflow a stock one, once you have other supporting mods (LT Headers, and catback.) I saw my neighbors dyno 15 RWHP less(LTs and catback only) than my other neighbor who had LTs catback and K&N.

I personally went with the K&N because of price. I also went with the "plastic" one because any metal pipe is hot when dealing with underhood temps. I still can't figure out why people buy intakes with metal tubes.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?prod=63-3074

I actually bought it on Amazon.com

$253 and free 2 day shipping. WIN!
Smart man!