Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 05-30-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
Tom D

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT
VERT Pace car at dealer

Was at the dealer today to try and set up with the Service Manager to do an alignment this week and saw a Indy 500 Pace Car vert on the lot. Had to check it out and this car looks sweet. Was never interested in a Vert but now I know what you guys waited around for. Sales manager is a freind of mine and said he would sell it to me $2K over invoice. Is that a good deal for that car? Did not commit to trading mine in but he did say he would make sure I got my moneys worth out of all the mods I have.
2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
Tom D

Didn't know Vert people were so exclusive.
2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Old 05-31-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
They are all out driving around with the top down!

-Funk
2012 Convert 2SS/RS SW/IO LS3 - Build #1081

07/21/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping.
08/09/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
08/16/2011 - (5000) Vehicle has been delivered to dealer.
08/19/2011 - In my possession.
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:52 PM   #4
nukemustang

Drives: 2017 Raptor, 2017 SS
most may not be sure how to answer. I know many of the fellow C5'ers will tell you they can be had for equal to or less than sticker.

In some places of the country that is not true and it comes down to the fact do you want to spend $2K greater than the MSRP to have a pace car? (Just for a reference, in Hawaii they are still asking $7500 and up over sticker for hardtop coupes at a 2 of the 3 dealers. Only ONE dealer on the island that will sell ANY Camaro Vert at sticker and the coupes with discounts (if applicable).)

Have you tried to negotiate at all with them? Can't hurt and I love to bring my pre-approved draft with me to show I am serious and I have the financing secured already and I am not just doing this on a fling and wasting their time.

Oh, and for your current Camaro, I would try to sell it outright. I know there are very few used ones and you will always be better off selling it private party.

SOLD:2016 2SS Red Hot Convertible with black metallic rally stripes
SOLD:2011 Silver Ice Metallic 1SS/RS Convertible. Completed modifications: installed factory HUD, deleted AFM/DOD, Dynatech LT coated headers with high flow cats, Solo Cat back exhaust, CAI inc. intake, Vmax ported TB, SIM quarter flares/splash guards, steering wheel radio controls, PDIM iPod interface in center console, RX catch can, JRE cold air scoop, windshield washer bottle relocation.
nukemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:33 PM   #5
Blitz

Drives: 2012 CTS-V Sedan
I paid MSRP for my vert... they wouldn't even take my GM Family First code, so 2K over invoice sounds like a good deal. But that's just from my experience.

And oh, it was worth every penny!

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:41 PM   #6
Tom D

Thanks guys. Kind of figured area of the country would play a part. And SoCal has got to be a premium for a vert. The Pace Car package is so tempting as well as it being a vert. Wow Hawaii!!
Old 05-31-2011, 07:19 PM   #7
nukemustang

Drives: 2017 Raptor, 2017 SS
Hawaii, whew. Only for another two weeks!! I can see why people LOVE to come here and vacation, but after living here for three years, it is definitely different than visiting. As a tourist, you see the Waikiki area (gorgeous), Diamond Head (excellent views), the ARIZONA Memorial, you know the things that tourist are supposed to see.

Living here you see your car broken into to steal change, your golf clubs stolen out of your garage when you go inside to get a glass of water and the rest of the not so glamorized part of living in a place that most people really cannot afford to. Oh, and forget ground shipping options to here too. Makes shopping online VERY expensive when you are forced into FedEx air or UPS air options!!!

SOLD:2016 2SS Red Hot Convertible with black metallic rally stripes
SOLD:2011 Silver Ice Metallic 1SS/RS Convertible. Completed modifications: installed factory HUD, deleted AFM/DOD, Dynatech LT coated headers with high flow cats, Solo Cat back exhaust, CAI inc. intake, Vmax ported TB, SIM quarter flares/splash guards, steering wheel radio controls, PDIM iPod interface in center console, RX catch can, JRE cold air scoop, windshield washer bottle relocation.
nukemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:31 AM   #8
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Got mine for $900 under Dealer Invoice back in March. I did get a $1000 discount from the dealer when I ordered mine because of some business I brought into them. GM offered no incentives or discounts at the time, but there are several verts sitting on the lots now.

For the pace car, how much difference is $2K over invoice from MSRP?

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:35 AM   #9
pacer1GH

Drives: 67 rs/ss 68z/28 69&2011 pace car
Got my pace car for sticker, and had 3300.00 earnings on my gm business card that i got to use.
pacer1GH is offline   Reply With Quote