Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-30-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
Scrapppy666

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black/Black
Car related groomsmen gifts

So I'm getting married next year (June 2014) and I've been doing some looking at the typical groomsmen gifts (beer glasses, flasks, cufflinks etc) and they just seem so.. well... typical.

I really want to come up with something out of the ordinary. Most of my friends are gear/wrench heads and like beer (who doesn't right?). So I'd like to incorporate the car theme into the groomsmen gift somehow... thinking of using maybe a shift ball somehow or even nuts/bolts or some other random tool or part. I'm relatively handy and have looked into maybe making the gifts myself.

So lets see some ideas

Pittsburgh Automotive Photography
Black on Black 2SS/RS w/ white stripes Dynomax 3" Bullet Catback, CAI Cold Air Intake
Scrapppy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
RolltideSS

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
What about a scale model of each of their favorite cars?
RolltideSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
I got exhaust tip whistles and installed them at the reception.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #4
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
I'm afraid nothing car related came to mind as of yet.

But two other ideas, the first one is probably ordinary like the ones in your list, but a nice pocket knife engraved with their initials maybe.

And then what my brother did for us, it was a small wedding, my other brother was the minister and I the best man, and then his wife's sister was the maid of honor and that was it.
So the groom got myself and the minister(again all three of us brothers) a really nice cigar cutter, really nice, as in lifetime guarantee, and a personalized bundle of 6 or so cigars based on our personalities. For instance at the time I played a lot of poker, so one of my cigars was a slow burning one that would last a couple of hours while I was in a game.

But I agree that the flask is a little played. I was in one other wedding ever and flasks were the groomsman gifts. I still have it, I think, but I've never used it.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #5
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
If by chance they were all owners of more iconic vehicles like Camaros, Corvettes, and Mustangs I'm thinking you could just find something cool for each of those types, like the Camaro guys get a Camaro gift, Mustang guys get a Mustang gift, so forth and so on.

But if other guys drive like whatever car, hondas, then that gets a little more difficult.
What's your budget, don't tell me just getting you to think, could you take them to an automotive event or an automotive museum or something?
Old 08-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #6
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
C A S H ^5 Here go buy your self something
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:34 PM   #7
Envy
Bully Proof

Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
Not car related but you mentioned beer so how about a personalized chrome beverage cooler like this:

http://www.exclusivelyweddings.com/W...FRFp7Aod30UAgg

And then getting each groomsman a six pack of specialty beer (that suits each one's individual taste) from a local store like this:

http://www.wexfordbeer.com/
Old 08-30-2013, 11:43 PM   #8
Envy
Bully Proof

Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
And here's a website of sculptures made out of nuts, bolts and other metal pieces. I don't know what your budget is...they range in price from relatively inexpensive to rather pricey. But even if it's more than you want to spend...you might get some ideas for some pieces you could make on your own.

http://www.boltpeople.com/index.html

Or check out this page that has some very cool small sculptures made with nuts, bolts and other fasteners....skip past the dogs and crap and look down the page at all the different motorcycles for some great ideas...

http://www.openfreak.com/tiny-nut-bolt-sculptures/
Old 08-22-2016, 02:27 PM   #9
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
Custom Muffler Tray

I had an idea, but never did it...

If there aren't many groomsmen and you have the money to do this, it would be pretty cool.

This tray could be used for tools, oil cans, or any knick-knacks they chose. You could line it with felt and even tack their names on a plate to it. For the base, you can leave it as is, or buy some of those felt or rubber contact pads, so it won't scratch tables or whatnot.
Attached Images

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 02:42 PM   #10
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
3 year old thread. Groom is likely divorced by now due to excessive modding.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 03:03 PM   #11
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
3 year old thread. Groom is likely divorced by now due to excessive modding.
I just noticed the dates on the others posts... Right on, honeymoon expenses were probably cut in half after mods to his Camaro and groomsmen vehicles!

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote