Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
bpa88

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
2010 V6 auto trans question/problem?

Hey everyone,
So i have a question, was wondering if anyone else experienced this as i dont see much talk about transmission problems. Its been a hot day today and I have been driving my car for about 6-8hrs today with a few breaks in between. I was in the walmart parking lot when i put it in reverse, and backed out. Immediately after putting the car in drive i started to give it gas as usual, but the car began hesitating a bit(2-3 seconds) almost like it was misfiring and then it was fine. I thought it was slightly odd, so i tried to duplicate the problem. I put the car into park, shifted immediately to drive and gave it gas..and it did the same thing again, a delay with sputtering for 2-3 seconds and then normal operation. The RPMS never changed during the hesitation/sputtering, they were a consistent 1500-2000rpm. I shrugged it off and proceeded home back to my apartment. Once home I again tried to duplicate the problem, I put it in park, shifted to drive and this time there was a slight delay as if the transmission wasnt fully engaged in D yet, and then it started to move. No sputtering or hesitation..I did this 3 more times and each time there is a 1-3 second delay when shifting from Park to Drive before the car will move or have any power to go. Is this normal or should i take it into the dealership to get looked at? I have never noticed it before thoguht maybe the tranny could be hot because of the 85+ degree weather and the constant driving today? or is it a bigger problem?
Old 05-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
bpa88

I forgot to mention, prior to it doing this i used the manual tap shift buttons. I just went outside and shifted the car into M mode and used the tap shift buttons a few times and then put it back in drive. After trying multiple times 5+, shifting from Park to Drive i can not duplicate the problem now..maybe it was just a fluke or malfunction that worked itself out?
Old 05-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #3
bpa88

anyone got any input on this?
Old 05-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #4
bpa88

well just an update for anyone who is following..I decided to try something alittle different..I pulled the ECM and TCM fuses to reset the learned behavior and transmission behavior..Needless to say the problem has all but seemed to disappear, cannot duplicate the problem at all now..seems to have fixed the issue.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #5
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Good to hear!
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpa88 View Post
Hey everyone,
So i have a question, was wondering if anyone else experienced this as i dont see much talk about transmission problems. Its been a hot day today and I have been driving my car for about 6-8hrs today with a few breaks in between. I was in the walmart parking lot when i put it in reverse, and backed out. Immediately after putting the car in drive i started to give it gas as usual, but the car began hesitating a bit(2-3 seconds) almost like it was misfiring and then it was fine. I thought it was slightly odd, so i tried to duplicate the problem. I put the car into park, shifted immediately to drive and gave it gas..and it did the same thing again, a delay with sputtering for 2-3 seconds and then normal operation. The RPMS never changed during the hesitation/sputtering, they were a consistent 1500-2000rpm. I shrugged it off and proceeded home back to my apartment. Once home I again tried to duplicate the problem, I put it in park, shifted to drive and this time there was a slight delay as if the transmission wasnt fully engaged in D yet, and then it started to move. No sputtering or hesitation..I did this 3 more times and each time there is a 1-3 second delay when shifting from Park to Drive before the car will move or have any power to go. Is this normal or should i take it into the dealership to get looked at? I have never noticed it before thoguht maybe the tranny could be hot because of the 85+ degree weather and the constant driving today? or is it a bigger problem?
The best thing to do is to take it to your local dealership for diagnosis and try and duplicate the concern. From there, they should be able to run your VIN for any applicable warranties. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me via PM.

Regards,

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:30 PM   #7
bpa88

Update for everyone..Im definitely going to be taking it to the dealer..
The past few days when driving it, something just didn't feel right..It was as if the parking brake was engaged while i was driving..For instance if i was cruising on the interstate and the transmission was in 6th gear, Before if i let off the gas the car would continue to coast doing 70-80 mph for quite a distance before the MPH would start to drop..The past few days though as soon as i let off the accelerator, even when going down hill the MPH would start to rapidly fall 75, 70, 68, 66, 65..almost immediately as well as the exhaust note of the car decelerating almost as if it was shifted down to like 4th gear i had to give it constant gas just to keep it at a steady speed..but it was still in 6th...To top it off today I was going to pick up a friend, on the way back home I was going up a hill and as i was accelerating, I literally thought the transmission dropped out of the car..I heard a big thud and the whole car shook, the check engine light came on for about 2 seconds then went out, and the car starting limping forward for about 10 seconds. I immediately pulled over and put it in park..the check engine light went out..I put it in drive and the car seemed to be shifting fine but still has the Drag feeling to it, also the sputtering going from Park to drive is now back..Needless to say Im not a happy camper right now..the car is drive-able and hasn't acted up since i pulled over but we will see what the dealership says. Hopefully they can diagnose the problem without the CEL since it went off on its own, there is something definitely wrong with my transmission.

-Edit..I forgot to mention..when the big thud and car shake happened the transmission for some reason shifted into neutral by itself. Also noticed now when accelerating, there is a whistle sound up until the car shifts from 1st to 2nd.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #8
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
First I heard of this, get it checked out.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #9
bpa88

Overdue update but i took it to the dealer..Had the tech drive it..couldn't duplicate the problem..Luckily when my camaro threw the CEL, it stored it in the computer..Turns out the ECM/TCM malfunctioned..How i don't know..but He flashed the ECM/TCM with the latest firmware..and its like i have a whole new car..Issue is resolved!