Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: What do you think of the style of the 2015 Mustang?
Really like it. 62 21.99%
Undecided, but leaning positive. 80 28.37%
Undecided, but leaning negative. 69 24.47%
Don't like it at all. 71 25.18%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #589
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
OK, first off a few things......
Ford wants to chase down M3 and 911s? The Z/28 already destroyed them. They don't have a good answer for the Camaro so they're saying oh lets go after high-lines. Camaro got tired of whooping Mustang on a road course so we chased and beat them(high-lines) already.

Ford is just finally getting back into IRS. The 03-04 terminators had them, but I guess since Camaro went belly up in 02, they pulled back out. They made a cheap SH*T solid axle 3V 4pt.sux with 235 tires and sold to the masses. I ended up buying a 40K Shelby GT with these figures. That was my final Ford.

with the HUGE success of the 5th gen Ford scrambled to release a nice Coyote motor, but skimped on the trans. Chinese sourced GETRAG instead of tremec. They used to use tremec...what happened? We all know how the current Mustang shines at the drag strip, so it will be real interesting to see what happens with the next Gen.

Personally, I feel they are trying to play catch-up with the IRS which will handicap them at the strip, and I don't know if they're ready(pronounced scared) to publish road course times yet. I am excited to see how Ford plays their hand....and I will continue to be a loyal GM guy.
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #590
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Another possibility.

I'd take this... cool (Gulf/GT40 tribute) theme and just needs to be complemented in a hi-po version.
Attached Images

Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #591
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I agreed with what you said, up until that part about the Chevelle. No way in hell should the Chevelle be the Camaro's smaller brother. If anything, the Camaro should downsize to it's original place and let the Chevelle come back as the big, high power Chevrolet.
That would be excellent!

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #592
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I'm definitely not a Ford guy but I always did like that color scheme on those race cars...
Old 12-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #593
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
That remains to be seen. As it is all the Mustang wins, are races that have no turns in them. Even then it is usually up to the driver.

Listen this Mustang will be nice but it's fatter than it was and it didn't gain much power and it's still weak on TQ. The looks are subjective too.

So until it actually wins a race don't be so smug.

You act like this is 2002 and Camaro production has stopped, and it won't get any better. You know it's just a matter of time until an LT1 is sitting between the fenders of an SS albeit will most likely be a 6th Gen.

When the next Camaro debuts I'm confident it will head in the right direction in more categories.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Eh, Boss Mustangs were winning the Continental Tire series till they were hit with crippling rule changes to give Camaro's a chance to finish on the podium.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Old 12-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #594
Firefighter

Any Ring times that don't get published will be leaked. We all know that the Photogs have stop watches too... lol
Old 12-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #595
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
A little over a year ago - August 2012 - Mustangs running in SCCA's "World Challenge" class were suddenly slapped with a badly thought out intake restrictor plate that not only slowed the cars down but also ran the engines at an increased risk of overheating damage and resulted in a number of failures.

My point isn't to drag complaint about the SCCA's decision into this discussion; only to point out that that's the kind of action you take against winning cars in order to establish (or retain) parity within the class, and that by inference the Mustangs were winning and more than capable of winning on any given day. Not something that you'd penalize the also-rans with (aka adding insult to injury).

FWIW, it's a no-brainer to fit 275/40's to 18x9.5's on any S197 Mustang, and not particularly difficult to get 285/35's on 18x10 wheels to fit. In the same tire mfr/model, that would be roughly 1LE-comparable given the difference in weight. It's when you go wider with the wheels that it gets more difficult. I'm looking at 285/35's on 18x10.5's for next season's track days, and while I have no doubt whatsoever that the 1LE's and SS's will walk away from my little 4.6L down the straights I do expect to be able to hang with the 1LE's through the technical sections against a driver of comparable skill/experience.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #596
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMnky View Post
Full Photo set:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=969

They definitely went more fastbacked. All in all not a huge departure from the current s197 model.

Thoughts?

In answer to the OP.

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/12/we-...ng-to.html?m=1

Old 12-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #597
Firefighter

I'm talking stock showroom cars. The 1LE is better around the track than a Boss 302 and hell it gives the GT500 hell the ZL1 is faster around a track then don't make me bring up the Z/28... If you want to talk real race cars I will bring up the C5R and the C6R and one can only assume the C7R will keep up the tradition.

Admittedly I don't pay much attention to the races as of yet. Maybe the bug will bite me next year after I start tracking my 1LE.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #598
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
A little over a year ago - August 2012 - Mustangs running in SCCA's "World Challenge" class were suddenly slapped with a badly thought out intake restrictor plate that not only slowed the cars down but also ran the engines at an increased risk of overheating damage and resulted in a number of failures.

My point isn't to drag complaint about the SCCA's decision into this discussion; only to point out that that's the kind of action you take against winning cars in order to establish (or retain) parity within the class, and that by inference the Mustangs were winning and more than capable of winning on any given day. Not something that you'd penalize the also-rans with (aka adding insult to injury).

FWIW, it's a no-brainer to fit 275/40's to 18x9.5's on any S197 Mustang, and not particularly difficult to get 285/35's on 18x10 wheels to fit. In the same tire mfr/model, that would be roughly 1LE-comparable given the difference in weight. It's when you go wider with the wheels that it gets more difficult. I'm looking at 285/35's on 18x10.5's for next season's track days, and while I have no doubt whatsoever that the 1LE's and SS's will walk away from my little 4.6L down the straights I do expect to be able to hang with the 1LE's through the technical sections against a driver of comparable skill/experience.

Norm
Norm,

Just want to say I welcome your well balanced and informative posts on this and other Forums. Bonus, I usually learn something too.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #599
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I'm talking stock showroom cars. The 1LE is better around the track than a Boss 302 and hell it gives the GT500 hell the ZL1 is faster around a track then don't make me bring up the Z/28... If you want to talk real race cars I will bring up the C5R and the C6R and one can only assume the C7R will keep up the tradition.

Admittedly I don't pay much attention to the races as of yet. Maybe the bug will bite me next year after I start tracking my 1LE.
If you have as much fun tracking your 1LE as I've had tracking the Boss, you're in for a great year. Glad to see a Camaro owner take it to the track...makes it more fun for everyone.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #600
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Trash Talk, Ford-Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcroft View Post
OK, first off a few things......
Ford wants to chase down M3 and 911s? The Z/28 already destroyed them. They don't have a good answer for the Camaro so they're saying oh lets go after high-lines. Camaro got tired of whooping Mustang on a road course so we chased and beat them(high-lines) already.

Ford is just finally getting back into IRS. The 03-04 terminators had them, but I guess since Camaro went belly up in 02, they pulled back out. They made a cheap SH*T solid axle 3V 4pt.sux with 235 tires and sold to the masses. I ended up buying a 40K Shelby GT with these figures. That was my final Ford.

with the HUGE success of the 5th gen Ford scrambled to release a nice Coyote motor, but skimped on the trans. Chinese sourced GETRAG instead of tremec. They used to use tremec...what happened? We all know how the current Mustang shines at the drag strip, so it will be real interesting to see what happens with the next Gen.

Personally, I feel they are trying to play catch-up with the IRS which will handicap them at the strip, and I don't know if they're ready(pronounced scared) to publish road course times yet. I am excited to see how Ford plays their hand....and I will continue to be a loyal GM guy.
I don't think they just mean performance figures. The Z/28 is killer, no doubt but not exactly a yearly Daily Driver which both the Porsche and Bimmer are. I would expect GM to follow this line of thinking with the 6th gen, performance at at Z/28 Level, ride of the ZL1 in a smaller, more efficient package.

And just to clarify as I seem to be coming across as a Ford guy. I'm a car guy, and was interested in the latest and greatest Camaros, especially the ZL1. For me though, Camaros were even more removed from my previous BMWs and less fun than the Mustang. I've missed the off track ride and interior quality of my Bimmers though and was considering a 911 next. However the new Mustang does have my attention. Can't wait to see if I like it in the flesh, January in Detroit. In the meantime I'm finally happy to see Ford and GM building world class cars we no longer have to make excuses for.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #601
Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
If you have as much fun tracking your 1LE as I've had tracking the Boss, you're in for a great year. Glad to see a Camaro owner take it to the track...makes it more fun for everyone.

I have a feeling this is going to be one BIG expensive fun as hell mistake... lol

I've been helmet hunting and also talking my G8 buddy through some mods and talking smack about the new Mustang all at the same time the past couple of days. My wife isn't going to be able to deal with me pretty soon. lol

Listen in the long run we all gotta remember that the better the other side gets the better our side will get. It's a win, win for all of us.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #602

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Norm,

Just want to say I welcome your well balanced and informative posts on this and other Forums. Bonus, I usually learn something too.
Agreed....(I just wish he'd buy a Camaro...lol...)
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote