Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
ECS Novi 1500, Nitrous Outlet, Nano System

So I have been on a quest to lower my power down from 844whp to help me hook it up better on my 22s which I just love too much haha. So I put a Nitrous Outlet Plate kit on it, 4500psi nano system, and dedicated fuel system with VP109.

So we added the restrictor plate back into the Blower and still made 13lbs of boost and made 750whp, give or take 660wtq looking at the graph. So to make up for my loss of power we decided to keep it tame at a 100shot(Doug said either your putting in the motor or no MAS). So long story short the car made a new high of 900whp and 810ft/tq. We have a 2-step nitrous progressive controller on the car, so you'll notice it starts spraying at 3000rpm, starts off at about 25% and then ramps into 100% this is to help with traction. Overall another perfect job by the guys down at ECS. Alex even stayed a bit late so I could pickup the car really can't say enough. And if somehow Shawn @ ECS can read this, thank you for spending a crazy amount of frustrating hours wiring up my car haha. Your the man.

Some Pics and Video:

Last edited by VanquisherSS; 04-05-2013 at 08:25 PM.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
That's a damn good job. How was the trip home?
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Chris82xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #3
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
I'll get there one day!
very very nice!
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #4
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris82xx View Post
That's a damn good job. How was the trip home?
Trip home was good lol, with the restrictor in I don't make tire shredding tq like I used to down low helps hookup. The trailing arms and toe rods really make a bigger difference than I thought as well. I got into it a few times just on the blower tho. I plan on taking the tanks out until I'm actually gonna use them, no way on my 22s hook up 810ft/lbs of tq
Old 04-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
I'll get there one day!
very very nice!
Old 04-06-2013, 06:51 AM   #6
Sharkss

Drives: 2010 CGM 2ss/rs M6
How Long Do You Think The Stock Bottom End Will Last WithThis Setup ?
Sharkss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:52 AM   #7
Sharkss

Drives: 2010 CGM 2ss/rs M6
What FuelSystem Do You Have?
Sharkss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #8
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkss View Post
How Long Do You Think The Stock Bottom End Will Last WithThis Setup ?
I think it'll last until I change the shortblock . I have a ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM FPCM, BAP. Dedicated 1 Gallon Fuel Cell with VP109 for the 100shot.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #9
POS Dakota

Drives: GMs and Chryslers
Very well done.
It's one thing to make big power. It's a whole different thing properly managing it.
POS Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #10
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by POS Dakota View Post
Very well done.
It's one thing to make big power. It's a whole different thing properly managing it.
Thank you sir, appreciate that
Old 04-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #11
Chris82xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Trip home was good lol, with the restrictor in I don't make tire shredding tq like I used to down low helps hookup. The trailing arms and toe rods really make a bigger difference than I thought as well. I got into it a few times just on the blower tho. I plan on taking the tanks out until I'm actually gonna use them, no way on my 22s hook up 810ft/lbs of tq
Good to hear. I've got suspension work going on this weekend. I'm doing trailing arms, rods, sway bars and endlinks. So now I feel reassured that they help considerably.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #12
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Good to hear. I've got suspension work going on this weekend. I'm doing trailing arms, rods, sway bars and endlinks. So now I feel reassured that they help considerably.
I was gonna spend some money on sways and end links but I'm gonna do solid subframe bushings before that. Trailing arms/toe rods are a great investment man. Gotta get it re-aligned tho.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #13
Chris82xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
I was gonna spend some money on sways and end links but I'm gonna do solid subframe bushings before that. Trailing arms/toe rods are a great investment man. Gotta get it re-aligned tho.
Subframe bushings are on my list too, and ever since I took care of that pesky fuel pump issue, I have more confidence in dropping the subframe once more to do some bushings.

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Old 04-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #14
VanquisherSS

Quote:
Subframe bushings are on my list too, and ever since I took care of that pesky fuel pump issue, I have more confidence in dropping the subframe once more to do some bushings.
Nice man def gonna be a big improvement for you. I'll be doing the subframes and I got one more new project for ECS, but time to enjoy the car this year.