Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-12-2019, 05:12 PM   #1
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
Sound tube delete and Roto-Fab delete kit

With all the talk about removing and modding sound tubes of late, I thought this may save someone some money and hassle. I had removed my sound tube shortly after purchasing the car as it came with the GM CIA installed by the dealer, the CIA makes plenty of noise on its own. The leftover opening in the intake elbow has always bothered me over possible leakage, folks were using chair leg feet to cap it but I was worried high heat wasn't high on that design. I purchased a bag of high temp silicone 7/8" sandblasting caps from Amazon, they fit tight and look better than a stool foot. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I happened to run across a sound tube delete kit on Wildhammer's web site and thought this would be a more finished look, the description on the site said: "fits 2016+ SS models". https://wildhammermotorsports.com/ca...hoC_HYQAvD_BwE
I just happen to own a 2018 SS so I should be gtg right. After ordering and waiting five days for Roto-Fab to kick it out the door, it was finally on the way (direct ship). When I received it there was no way this was going to fit my car, I even pulled the stock airbox and snorkel out of the box in the basement to compare, no go.
I ended up calling Wildhammer only to find out it will only work with Roto-Fabs CIA, this information being mentioned on the web page would have saved us all time and most of all my money. I'm out the initial $15 shipping, return shipping and a nice kick in the crotch of a 15% restocking fee from Roto-Fab, so out of a $140 purchase I'm out around $60+, sweet!
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:29 PM   #2
blueg1

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Can you post a pic of what it looks like installed. Thanks
blueg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:24 AM   #3
2SSRedline

Drives: '18 Camaro SS Redline, '20 Bolt EV
It is mentioned on the web page you linked to.
2SSRedline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:36 AM   #4
TonyNo

Drives: 2016 2SS, SW
Before Roto-Fab sent the correct elbow, I 3D-printed a plug.
Attached Images