Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #15
Blacklite

Drives: Black on black 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
Sounds like there are some self esteem issues here. I think you should see this as a time to better yourself, rather than trying to adopt a new, fake persona.
So what you guys are saying is that it basically is impossible to change your personality for the better? and if you do, you're being fake? That doesn't sound right to me.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:27 PM   #16
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
I kinda feel you on this bud... idk what to do either
Old 01-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #17
Blacklite

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroitalia View Post
I kinda feel you on this bud... idk what to do either
You are in the exact same situation I am? Thats pretty upsetting, cool and coincidental lol.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #18
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklite View Post
So what you guys are saying is that it basically is impossible to change your personality for the better? and if you do, you're being fake? That doesn't sound right to me.
Changing your personality just for the sake of wanting to be different will not work in the long run. It will require too much effort. Your personality will change with your life. I would suggest trying new things that you haven't done before. Meet new people who you would have never hung out with. You won't know "how" you want to act until you're comfortable with "who" you are!
Old 01-07-2011, 07:51 PM   #19
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
It's only good to try and change your personality if u are currently harming other people with they way you are now, either physically or mentally. And from the sound of it, u don't seem like a bad guy.

It's hard to help out without specifics. Are you in college? Are you upset you aren't where you are financially? Is this more of a girl problem? I guess what I'm asking is what do you think about most that bothers you?
Old 01-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #20
DCamaroLover

Drives: Future Camaro Owner
Just figure urself out man
Old 01-07-2011, 08:10 PM   #21
Cristoff

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS in Red Jewel
You can change your habits and experiences and work towards GROWING your own persona, but in my experience core personality is pretty much not changeable.

You are who you are and the sooner that you accept yourself for who you are, the easier it is to grow as a person.

You cannot "force" a change in core personality. It will not only come across as fake to others, it will eventually tear you apart mentally from trying to be someone that you are not.

Find people that acknowledge and accept you for who you ARE and the support from that will solve your current "personality issues".

You are young, I think the main problem that you are having is that you haven't figured out who you are just yet. That will come with time and life experiences, but most importantly how you DEAL with what life throws at you.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:13 PM   #22
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
Thumbs up It'll be cool.

Maybe it's time to let it all loose. Just HAVE FUN and DRIVE YOUR CAMARO!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 08:13 PM   #23
Blacklite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
It's only good to try and change your personality if u are currently harming other people with they way you are now, either physically or mentally. And from the sound of it, u don't seem like a bad guy.

It's hard to help out without specifics. Are you in college? Are you upset you aren't where you are financially? Is this more of a girl problem? I guess what I'm asking is what do you think about most that bothers you?
Yes I am in college. It's hard to point of specifics but just to give you an example, I see these big buff manly jocks walk around campus, humping and dumping girls, Havin a good time. Mind you, I've had my fair share of experiences with women, but I look at these guys (in a non gay way) and think to myself, should I be that guy? Now mind you, I don't want to embody them 100% but perhaps pick and choose certain things such as being manlier and more serious, and apply them to myself. Women are just one of the few things, however. Hope it makes sense.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #24
Darth Camaro
Out of my mind!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
Best thing to do from this point on is be responsable. Respect others. Respect yourself. Finding yourself is a hard thing to do. Remember that makeing good choices today will pay off for you tomorrow. Bad desisions will hurt you now and forever. Try to do the right thing, always. We are only human and we are not perfect and we make mistakes, JUST MAKE SURE YOU LEARN FROM THEM.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:01 PM   #25
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
eh sorta, just kinda going through that thing of having to grow up now. graduation soon, college coming, getting a job. always been that smile and laugh at everything guy. basically a big kid, now kinda feeling like i have to change to really "grow up" to make it in a business world.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:07 PM   #26
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Ahhh. Good thing I've always been an old-young person. I went through this stage at the age of 12.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #27
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
Im kind of going through an identity crisis. I've always been a funny, witty, laid back guy, wearing cool looking vans and rocking hollister. Now I am at a point in my life where I feel like I need to make changes, but perhaps these changes aren't necessary (this is where you guys come in). Should I be more of a serious, manly guy? or should I continue to be this guy I've always been?

Please don't respond with "be yourself" obviously, if that was working out, I wouldn't be having this dilemma. Im looking for an answer more on which personality would work out for me more, as far as everyday life is concerned. You know, ladies, friends, work. Advice and opinions are appreciated.
let me ask you!..what is your age?..if i knew that,i could be more accurate in my advise for you!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #28
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
I am 21. I feel like I need to change my personality because I feel like I'm not where I want to be in life. Where do I want to be? Good question. Im not sure, but I know where I am right now as far as my life is concerned (social, romantic and anything in between) is not where I want to be, if that makes sense.
yes it does make sense!..my recommendation is just to live life and experience it for what it is!..a journey,which being 21,you have just started!..best of luck!
Closed Thread