Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
Wolfman720

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro 2SS/RS
A close friend got into a bad wreck

I'm posting this on every forum I'm on. A good friend of mine was in a tragic motorcycle accident. If her story touches your heart at all, she can use all the prayers she can get.

http://www.gofundme.com/3n44pg

I've attached the text of the link below:

"Ursula Wachowiak started a dream in February of 2013 to ride her motorcycle across the country and experience different places and events. Her goal was to make it through every state in the country and visit various motorcycle friendly landmarks, events, gatherings, festivals, and make many new friends along the way. She had made it through the southern part of the country and stopped back in her hometown for the 4th of July. She was then off to the Sturgis rally in South Dakota. You can see her blog on the portion of the trip she completed at http://hdbroad.wordpress.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-B...81237451921623

Unfortunately she never made it to Sturgis. On Wednesday July 17, 2013, just after crossing into Minnesota she was hit head on by a car trying to pass a semi. Thankfully she is still alive, but is by no means uninjured. She took a direct impact on her left leg as she was trying to swerve away from the vehicle coming at her head on at highway speeds. She was struck and thrown from the bike. Her left leg is in very bad shape. As of today July 18, 2013, she has been through the first of many surgeries, and has a tube down her throat to help her breathe. We hope and pray for her full recovery, but that is not for certain by a long shot. In the wake of this tragedy a few of her close friends, along with her son Nate, are setting up this fundraiser to help cover the cost of what will surely be some very expensive medical bills. Along with that any future rehabilitation and recovery is also going to come at a heavy cost.

Ursula does not have any health insurance so we please ask that you donate whatever you can to help out with her recovery. Ursula is in a hospital far away from home and needs all of our support. To help fund this trip she had sold everything she owned including her vehicle and all worldly possessions. She has no car, no home, and now no motorcycle. To fund her trip she was also working from the road on her laptop as a virtual assistant. Unfortunately this tragedy has now put her out of work and an income. Her dream has been shattered by this tragedy and she does not need a financial burden to make things worse. So we please ask that you kindly do what you can and help this wonderful woman out, the way that she would so kindly do for you.

Ursula has helped out so many people in her life. She always has a smile on her face and makes people feel happy when they are in her presence. She has always referred to herself as a people person and that could not be more true. She would give anyone anything she could if it would help them or make them feel better. I, Andrew, a close friend of hers, can tell you this from personal experience. When I was at the lowest point in my life she did everything she could to help me, including offering me a place to stay. So lets pay it forward and help her out in her desperate time of need.

Your generosity is very much appreciated. It does not matter if you donate $5 or $10,000, every little bit helps. Lets help bring that beautiful smile back to her face and get her on a full and speedy recovery! Thanks again for your donation!

people have requested an address to send checks and other donations to, please make them payable to Ursula and please send them to

Ursula Wachowiak

care of

Area One Motorsports
9800 Franklin ave.
Franklin Park, IL. 60131"
Wolfman720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
As a fellow rider of many years, please, everybody, watch out for motorcycles.

Speedy recovery to Ursula.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #3
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
I hope that driver gets the book thrown at them. Well wishes to your friend OP. Keep the shiny side up.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:02 PM   #4
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
As a fellow rider of many years, please, everybody, watch out for motorcycles.

Speedy recovery to Ursula.

John B.
Yes
Old 07-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #5
BDBiker

Drives: Black 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
I have been riding for 46 years on motorcycles, we don't get enough respect on the roads these days. Between texting idiots and cell phone zombies, it feels like a battleground at times. I hope your friend has a full and speedy recovery!
Old 07-22-2013, 11:31 PM   #6
Rock on

Drives: black 2011 2ss
A close friend of mine lost his leg to a hit and run driver . he has recovered and still rides even rebuilt and still rides the same bike. I wish your friend a full and speedy recovery . You may want to set up a credit card or pay pal for donations you will get a better response
Old 07-22-2013, 11:40 PM   #7
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Making a donation and sending positive Mojo her way.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:48 AM   #8
Wolfman720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
I hope that driver gets the book thrown at them. Well wishes to your friend OP. Keep the shiny side up.
Apparently it was a legal passing area even though it was a curve. Minnesota is a no fault state. The driver will likely be untouched.

She is probably going to lose her leg. They finally took the breathing tube out yesterday.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:48 AM   #9
Wolfman720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Making a donation and sending positive Mojo her way.
Thank you. We all appreciate the help!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:33 AM   #10
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock on View Post
A close friend of mine lost his leg to a hit and run driver . he has recovered and still rides even rebuilt and still rides the same bike. I wish your friend a full and speedy recovery . You may want to set up a credit card or pay pal for donations you will get a better response
Um, that's what the gofundme site is

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #11
TNblackSS

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS, 6 speed
As a rider myself, I really hate to hear this aboutyour friend.

I do have a question though, and I certainly do not want to offend anyone, but if your friend could afford to buy a bike and ride it across country, why did she not have any health insurance?

Robby
TNblackSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #12
Goldknight

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS
I'm also a rider and hate to hear about this kind of thing. I hope your friend recovers.

That being said I am not going to donate because some of the things in there just don't add up to me.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #13
Goldknight

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS
Edit: Double post. Please Delete.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #14
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNblackSS View Post
I do have a question though, and I certainly do not want to offend anyone, but if your friend could afford to buy a bike and ride it across country, why did she not have any health insurance?

Robby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldknight View Post
That being said I am not going to donate because some of the things in there just don't add up to me.
I wasn't going to bed the one to say it, but if I lost my health insurance coverage, I wouldn't get on my bike for anything.