Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 01-28-2015, 07:11 PM   #155
vicnkathy
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 Subaru Forester Turbo
Ordered mine yesterday through one of your new dealers gen5diy. They told me that it was being drop shipped and that you sent it out today!! Very excited to get it. I went with the near chrome finish. It matches the strut tower brace nicely I think. My car has 144 miles on it. Be honored this is my very first mod lolol!! I'll be sure to post some pics and how the install went. Thanks for bringing a high quality product to market at a reasonable price.
Victor
vicnkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:04 PM   #156
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicnkathy View Post
Ordered mine yesterday through one of your new dealers gen5diy. They told me that it was being drop shipped and that you sent it out today!! Very excited to get it. I went with the near chrome finish. It matches the strut tower brace nicely I think. My car has 144 miles on it. Be honored this is my very first mod lolol!! I'll be sure to post some pics and how the install went. Thanks for bringing a high quality product to market at a reasonable price.
Victor
Thank you for the kind words Victor! We really appreciate your repeat business and are proud to have our CAI on your Camaros, and are very happy to hear about how pleased you have been with the quality and performance. I believe your order had the gray T-shirt with it correct? If so they are on the way to you buddy!

Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:38 PM   #157
Sales @ CAI Inc

Just FYI everyone, we are getting flooded with ZL1 orders right now, apparently everyone is wanting to get their car ready for the approaching spring!!

Black ZL1 units should be back in stock in about 10 business days.

Near Chrome ZL1 units are still n stock and ready to ship!!

Thank you for all the orders, we appreciate it very much!
Old 02-12-2015, 04:17 PM   #158
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve View Post
looks great
You can say that again
Old 02-18-2015, 06:33 AM   #159
JD-ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Send a message via Yahoo to JD-ZL1
Mines installed and I could notice the difference immediately..
Attached Images

Lingenfelter LPE idler relocation bracket
DynaTech SupperMaxx LT headers/Supercats
BMR 1" lowering springs
BMR toe rods, BMR trailing arms,
Z/28 wicker bill extension.
HAWK HPS, MRR228's, M/T ET SS's P305/35-20
JD-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:40 PM   #160
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD-ZL1 View Post
Mines installed and I could notice the difference immediately..
Glad to hear that sir, thank you so much for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.!

Old 03-06-2015, 03:22 PM   #161
Sales @ CAI Inc

Been getting lots of PM's regarding this ZL1 system in the last few weeks. Here are some of the most common questions with answers for you guys:

Q: Does it require a tune?
A: No, no tune is required and no CEL will be thrown. We designed the system so that it is within 2% or less of the stock fuel trims so that it can make more power while still remaining within the stock calibration parameters with no other changes needed.

Q: Does is make the Supercharger louder?
A: Yes, you will hear your Supercharger whine like never before Actually, the first thing that ZL1 owners who install our CAI usually say to us is how they love how they can actually hear their supercharger after installing the CAI.

Q: What are the gains?
A: On average, on a stock ZL1 with 0 tuning, you can expect about 22-24 RWHP. The system will also add about 1 lb of boost at peak power. With a tune, and/or other modifications, you can expect even more.

Q: Are they in stock?
A: As of today, yes they are in stock and ready to ship. We try to keep them in stock all the time, but this time of year gets busy for us and these can quickly go on backorder, but we are trying to keep them in stock all the time to the best of our ability!

Q: If I am going from an SS to a ZL1, do you offer an "update kit" like you do for the Whipple, Magnuson, and SLP Supercharger?
A: No, the ZL1 kit is a completely different design and therefore nothing can be re-used from the SS kit. The filter is larger, the tube is different, the elbow is 100% custom, and even the inlet on the airbox is offset ever so slightly due to the angle of the tube coming from the TB. If you get a ZL1, you need the compete ZL1 kit to fit, perform, and install properly.

I hope that helps!!! Have a great weekend everyone, and feel free to PM me if you have any questions!
Old 03-30-2015, 03:30 PM   #162
Sales @ CAI Inc

Inventory Update!!

Black ones have once again flew off the shelf after this last production run and we are out of them for about 3 weeks (they are already being worked on!) Seems like no matter how many more of these we keep making each month they sell out before we can get more on the shelf!!

**EDIT, ALL BLACK ZL1 UNITS ORDERED BEFORE 3-31-15 SHOULD SHIP AROUND 4-21-15, ANY ORDER FOR A BLACK ZL1 CAI PLACED ON OR AFTER 3-31-15 WILL BE MID MAY BEFORE IT SHIPS**

Near Chrome is still in stock as of now, but they are dwindling down as some guys with black units on order who don't want to wait are switching to Near Chrome instead.

We appreciate all of the orders everyone, and are getting them made as fast as we can!!

Last edited by Sales @ CAI Inc; 03-31-2015 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:51 PM   #163
RedRock ZL1

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Inventory Update!!

Black ones have once again flew off the shelf after this last production run and we are out of them for about 3 weeks (they are already being worked on!) Seems like no matter how many more of these we keep making each month they sell out before we can get more on the shelf!!

**EDIT, ALL BLACK ZL1 UNITS ORDERED BEFORE 3-31-15 SHOULD SHIP AROUND 4-21-15, ANY ORDER FOR A BLACK ZL1 CAI PLACED ON OR AFTER 3-31-15 WILL BE MID MAY BEFORE IT SHIPS**

Near Chrome is still in stock as of now, but they are dwindling down as some guys with black units on order who don't want to wait are switching to Near Chrome instead.

We appreciate all of the orders everyone, and are getting them made as fast as we can!!
I ordered mine just before Mar 31, and received a ship notice that its been shipped. Great Service!
RedRock ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:42 AM   #164
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRock ZL1 View Post
I ordered mine just before Mar 31, and received a ship notice that its been shipped. Great Service!
Great to hear!!! We are working diligently to get the next batch of them completed and shipped for all of you who have placed an order are are patiently waiting! We are also looking into some process changes that will hopefully allow us to get these produced a little faster in the future, since the demand for them is growing so fast. The Near Chrome versions are still in stock and ready for immediate shipment for those looking to get their hands on one.

Make sure to post some pics of it once it is installed, we'd love to see it!

Old 04-18-2015, 05:48 PM   #165
Tennis_pro

Drives: 2012 ZL1
I think i definitely have to order this! Does this void the warranty though? Also, does it put more stress on the engine and effect long term reliability? I definitely want to keep my car for a loooooong time and want to keep it super reliable.
Tennis_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:07 PM   #166
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
It just increases the air flow to the SC, and is on the GM approved list..
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:49 AM   #167
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis_pro View Post
I think i definitely have to order this! Does this void the warranty though? Also, does it put more stress on the engine and effect long term reliability? I definitely want to keep my car for a loooooong time and want to keep it super reliable.
A CAI can not and will not void your vehicle warranty, we actually work with many dealerships who sell and install our CAI. It will have 0 negative effects on reliability, if anything it is providing a less restrictive air path and therefore making your engine perform more efficiently and under less strain. You will be VERY happy with our CAI, and we would be happy to answer any other questions that you may have. Thanks!
Old 04-20-2015, 02:44 PM   #168
dcarlos55

Drives: 2017 HBM A10 ZL1
I just ordered one for my new ZL1 (coming to a dealer near me this week). I had one on my SS and I wouldn't buy any other brand for the new car.

Tags
cai inc zl1, cold air intake zl1, zl1 cai