Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #29
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
I'll second that. We have tried and tried to break the mentality of posting whatever thread members want in this forum. We catch a lot of flack doing it, but I still think organization is nothing to fear.
The problem is that the General Discussion section is the first forum in the list. I suggested in the Site Suggestions forum to move the entire "Members Area" section of forums (Off topic, New Member Introductions, Site Suggestions, and General Automotive) to the top to eliminate the problem, but that got rejected.

As a forum administrator myself, I see this day in and day out - users will scroll down until the first forum they see that they "think" their new thread fits. General 5th Gen Discussion is going to be the first forum they see because it's at the top and the name implies "Catch all". General 5th Gen needs to be below other forums so they first have to scroll through the list BEFORE getting to the General section.

Trust me - if the "Members Area" was at the top of the list - most threads would get posted in those forums because the members would see it immediately. Not to mention the New Member Introductions would get much more activity - I always forget it's way down there at the bottom of the forum home so I don't participate in there like I would if it was at the top and more visible.

It's the same reason why Google Ads will pay a premium if you put their ads before the first fold of the page. People don't want to scroll down.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #30
dmwhiteman

Drives: 2SS Black w/ Inferno Orange Stripes
There are A LOT of things that could change. Threads that contain no information regarding Camaros (like this one) and people starting 7 threads about the same information in 1 day (not searching) are just a couple. I see all the time in the Audio forum the same questions over and over and over. Its great to ask questions. There is no such thing as a stupid question. Just make sure it hasnt been asked yet. I always GOOGLE first. Hopefully it leads me here, but not always.

I stopped reading the threads in the general area. Only reason I checked this one out is because it had a big yellow triangle that looked important.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #31
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGracing View Post
Hardly.. But "Just Saying" belongs on Facebook or Twitter in the just out of high school section where the term is aptly overused due to the lack of having anything intelligent to say.
Ill have to look for the section then. Just sayin.....
Old 06-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #32
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
The problem is that the General Discussion section is the first forum in the list. I suggested in the Site Suggestions forum to move the entire "Members Area" section of forums (Off topic, New Member Introductions, Site Suggestions, and General Automotive) to the top to eliminate the problem, but that got rejected.

As a forum administrator myself, I see this day in and day out - users will scroll down until the first forum they see that they "think" their new thread fits. General 5th Gen Discussion is going to be the first forum they see because it's at the top and the name implies "Catch all". General 5th Gen needs to be below other forums so they first have to scroll through the list BEFORE getting to the General section.

Trust me - if the "Members Area" was at the top of the list - most threads would get posted in those forums because the members would see it immediately. Not to mention the New Member Introductions would get much more activity - I always forget it's way down there at the bottom of the forum home so I don't participate in there like I would if it was at the top and more visible.

It's the same reason why Google Ads will pay a premium if you put their ads before the first fold of the page. People don't want to scroll down.
Hmmm, I like.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #33
1BAD_SS

Drives: 2010 SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGood View Post
Actually they say "not gonna lie...."

But you are right. He needs to get him learned somethin start sayin things like just my .02 y'all!... Come on man. Who cares? He sorta belittles your thread after you belittle 10. Sure they are often posted in the wrong place but the mods here do a bang up job keeping it straight. And just cause they don't interest you doesn't mean they won't interest someone else. No offense but if you don't like C5 anymore start your own perfect forum. I'll even be your first sign up bud.
Perfectly said my good sir...
1BAD_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:05 AM   #34
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
This right here. There's already a section for v6, v8, ZL1, etc. Post it up in the correct forum and it'll get the attention it deserves.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #35
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:

Also a suggestion to the moderators, my daughter is in a Subaru forum that I post on sometimes for her and if you create a thread, it automatcally subscribes you to it. That makes it easy to find. Unless there is another way I don't know about.
Click quick links at the top under the log in area.

Click control panel

Click edit options

Look for "default thread subscription mode" There's a drop down there. You can be subscribed to any thread you post in or start. And get an email if you want as well that someone posted or you posted, anytime something is posted.

Now you know.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #36
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Maybe it's just me but it seems like the forums have gotten so full of Camaro guys and others (which is a good sign don't get me wrong) that it's hard to give feedback or get feedback without 20 other threads popping up before your post ever gets seen. If you post something and it doesn't get read in the first 5 minutes, it's about the tenth one down on the list.

I have been coming here for awhile and the technical help and information on this site is priceless. And it's even fun to show off your new mods because you know the other Camaro guys/gals will appreciate them the most. The site is just so overrun with new and old Camaro owners now, it reminds me of the old days of the chat rooms. The screen would rotate so fast when you would say something if it wasn't seen immediately, it would be way down the list and no one would see it.

Maybe there needs to be a splitting. Like stock. Start a forum for the ZL1 guys, one for the V6 guys, and one for the V8 SS guys. That way you categorize NA V8's, Supercharged V8's and V6's. Yes.. No?

If you need technical info from another forum, you could always go visit it, but at least that limits the traffic on here. Seems to be getting a bit overwhelming these days. :(

I love the excitement and passion the Camaro people bring, but it's just almost to much to ingest anymore. Anyone else agree? Or Disagree? Thoughts?

Already been done.

bowtie v6 .com (remove the spaces) and come check it out.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #37
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
I read the forums almost every day and have used them many times when I'm am doing mods on my car or have questions. In that respect the forums are brilliant and so full of information. It's when you have a question or post a topic, or try to get feedback on a mod or a new upgrade where I see it being difficult. Your post, at least my posts die away in the land of a thousand posts and I usually get very little feedback. This thread has gotten way more than the usual and nothing technical has been discussed. Sort of like the one poster was talking about useless postings. Even though this could be considered useless, I was trying to make a valid point and pose a question. Either way, I'll continue to get what I can out of the forums and try not to bitch too much.
Maybe its the way you're asking your question, stating your issue and/or overall topic? Not going to lie, on a big forum like this not everyone is going to know everything so you got to post in the right section, title your thread correctly and finally make it interesting but don't ramble. You will get much better response because I'm sure you're getting views, just people either don't know enough to help you out or just skip over your thread because they find it irrelevant/not interesting. Not trying to poke or make fun, just some words of advice.

If you really want a reply or to contribute to the forum, sadly you're going to have to work at it and find that happy medium where people will respond.

Quote:
Also a suggestion to the moderators, my daughter is in a Subaru forum that I post on sometimes for her and if you create a thread, it automatcally subscribes you to it. That makes it easy to find. Unless there is another way I don't know about.
As stated this is a setting that you can enable. On a big forum such as this, I wouldn't dream of auto-enabling it for the whole board. Way too many emails to go out and on the same thing I would just delete them. I get enough spam, I can check my own threads when I have time...

Overall this is a big forum but it is not a HUGE forum, no doubt an excellent forum. Everything in the world though has room for improvement and this is no different.
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #38
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
Disagree. The problem is that people need to learn to post in the correct forum. A header question will get lost in general until moved to the correct forum. However the true information subforms have new posts at a decent pace.

Some subforums hardly move over several days.
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #39
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
I'll assume when you say "useless people" you aren't referring to me. If you are send me a PM and lets talk about it.
Don't get your panties in a bunch, I was speaking in general. I can't tell if your useless from just reading one post of yours.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #40
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Drives: 15 1LE
Should this be in Off-topic Discussions
Old 06-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #41
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post