Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 03:36 PM   #351
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Cold TBSS View Post
Damn....hopefully they get the piss sued out of them. But with our Judicial System nothing will happen. Id sue and give to charity just to try and prove a point.
The first one (OldTimer) made some phone calls and eventually got his car for the original price, so that one's taken care of. The second guy just ran into trouble in the last few days here, and things are still playing out.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
Old 05-12-2009, 05:56 PM   #352
69er

Drives: 69 Z/28 , 83 Z/28 (L69), 10 2SS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1tankr View Post
There are 2 types of drivers, those that have crashed and those that will crash.
It's fairly dumb to say you hate traffic cops. There are very few pure traffic cops. Most are local cops that work traffic sometimes or as requested by your neighbors who apparently disagree with you on your danger assessment, Mr. "I don't speed when when I feel it's to dangerous." Guess what the most common complaint about crime is? People speeding. What people really mean when they say they hate traffic cops is, they hate being caught. BTW Just to throw some cold water on your other theory, the majority of drug, warrant, felony arrests, are made from traffic stops. Most cops I know and work with aren't traffic hounds. I find that most people that complain like you have an inordinate amount of violations and are mostly just whiners because they got caught. BTW To throw some more cold water on your other complaint. If you call 911 for a fire or medical emergency, you're going to get an officer there well before fire or EMT. Odds are it's gonna be one like me and I'll be working on your child, wife, parent trying to save them for a few minutes before EMT or Fire get there. By the time you call and it gets dispatched, and fire gets there, you're well past that 6 minute brain damage window. So far, just this year, our dept has 2 saves w/defibs and CPR. Think before you speak. People like you never need our help...until you need our help and your phone ends up helping more than your .45
Alright, on the other side of the coin, where does a "traffic" cop get off pulling people over just to LOOK at their cars, such as.....a Camaro?! Wouldn't they be endangering a life-saving call if they are 'ing with the driver of a Camaro and take away precious seconds away from their response time?! Please don't tell me policemen don't do this because they do, maybe not all, but if just one cop does it, you are all guilty as charged. Same goes with the generalization that all policemen eat donuts all the time. Some do and you, my friend, are guilty, whether you are a vegetarian or a vagatarian. Don't crown yourself a hero or take more credit than you deserve. Remember, you are not writing somebody a ticket for because you are deliberately trying to be an a-hole; you do it because it is your job, just as saving somebody's life doesn't make you a hero; it is your duty. Try to be a little more humble please.

HOLY SH1T!!!!!!!!!!!

i AM UNSUBSCRIBED!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2009, 06:22 PM   #353
m1tankr

Drives: '69 Camaro RS LM-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
You may be able to answer this, as you are a cop. Why are so many small town cops p ricks?
Cops are humans. Some humans are dinks, therefore some cops are. Any job has these people, most people just don't end up hating whole career groups because of that. As cops, we are well aware that some of our fellow officers are dinks (being polite). Believe me, we have to work with them. Small towns usually have lower standards, pay, and less training. Usually you get what you pay for. Small towns usually have more attention to pay to minor violations, which tend to annoy people. Just giving you the reality.

Thanks for some of the supporting comments and I had a good chuckle at the one saying they hate cops and bragging about his driving, then demanding humbleness because I defended my fellow officers. Takes all kinds to make a village.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #354
ChevyCamaro

Drives: 02' ZL1 GMMG Camaro
I still wouldn't be surprised if this is lil boosie's this is in one of his latest songs "trend setter"

Quote:
I show my hood how to get money and fold down and fold up
First ***** in the city with the Bentley coupe
First with the charger gon be the first with the Camaro too

Someone should call up graves and try to get a few clues
Old 05-12-2009, 06:57 PM   #355
BOBSS
Outlaw

Drives: 2010SS
I thought I would contribute something usefull here

http://dailylinked.blogspot.com/2009...undai-car.html
Old 05-12-2009, 07:31 PM   #356
Truckshop

Drives: 2004 gmc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dertybr View Post
I'm 32 I was coming 2 a stop at a light is that so f@#king unbelieveable
very unbelieveable considering city police say you were running the red light when the escape hit you in the driver rear wheel which spun you into the pole.

Last edited by Truckshop; 05-12-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:38 PM   #357
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1tankr View Post
There are 2 types of drivers, those that have crashed and those that will crash.
It's fairly dumb to say you hate traffic cops. There are very few pure traffic cops. Most are local cops that work traffic sometimes or as requested by your neighbors who apparently disagree with you on your danger assessment, Mr. "I don't speed when when I feel it's to dangerous." Guess what the most common complaint about crime is? People speeding. What people really mean when they say they hate traffic cops is, they hate being caught. BTW Just to throw some cold water on your other theory, the majority of drug, warrant, felony arrests, are made from traffic stops. Most cops I know and work with aren't traffic hounds. I find that most people that complain like you have an inordinate amount of violations and are mostly just whiners because they got caught. BTW To throw some more cold water on your other complaint. If you call 911 for a fire or medical emergency, you're going to get an officer there well before fire or EMT. Odds are it's gonna be one like me and I'll be working on your child, wife, parent trying to save them for a few minutes before EMT or Fire get there. By the time you call and it gets dispatched, and fire gets there, you're well past that 6 minute brain damage window. So far, just this year, our dept has 2 saves w/defibs and CPR. Think before you speak. People like you never need our help...until you need our help and your phone ends up helping more than your .45

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
Old 05-12-2009, 09:42 PM   #358
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfanatic2006 View Post
Hi. I apologize in advance, I am probably a "1 post wonder". I love Camaro's to death, but I've always wanted a mustang (flame on). I was turned on to this thread from my Toyota forum. I just couldn't resist posting my opinions though. Maybe I'm bored, or maybe I really feel kinda strongly about this.

1. To the OP, nothing you say is consistent. And even supposed photos of the "pick up" of your car are not proof that it is you; refer to the fact that you can take any photo and claim it as yours. But from reading all 14 pages, and seeing how often you change what you say, and your grammar, and the lack of details, I find it extremely hard to believe that this really is your car and your story. I also find it extremely hard to believe that you are 32 (look at your grammar man!). Short of meeting you in person, I don't believe you at all.

2. To people claiming experience is the key to a good driver: while everyone has made a good point in saying that "experience" is what makes a good driver, I don't believe this is true. No one has pointed out anything about being aware of your surroundings and the happenings of other drivers. You could be fresh behind the wheel, but if your careful and aware of whats going on you shouldn't have any problem. SO many accidents happen because someone is talking on their cell, texting, picking up a dropped pack of cigarettes, etc. They take their eyes off the road for that one second, and for that one second they aren't aware of whats going on around them. Sure experience is a big part of driving, but awareness is just as important. If your aware of whats going on around you, and something does happen, experience has the ability to save you from a possible accident. It all starts from being aware of whats going on around you though, checking your mirrors, looking around, using your eyes, etc. Don't think experience is the only key roll in driving.

3. To the people hating on police: I completely agree that the number of people who hate cops are the ones who get in trouble the most; or who atleast break the law the most. When I get pulled over for speeding or whatever, yeah I'm pissed and wish he hadn't been there and caught me, but when you think about it, there are LAWS out there saying your not supposed to be doing that. If you are breaking those laws, you have every right to get caught. I WISH I had gotten caught doing all the stupid things I did when I was younger, I deserve it for doing them. You can't rant about kids not obeying their parents rules, then complain about cops because you don't follow the rules yourselves. You are a hypocrit. The government is your "parent" persay, when you speed you are just like the 16 year old kid who disobeys his/her parents. There is no difference between you two except for physical age. In my eyes, your both speeding, your both breaking the law, your both the same MENTAL age. This goes for any law or rule. They are created for a reason, whether you agree with them or not, they are there and should be followed. If you think they should be changed, then you get your ass into a position where you can actually do something about it. But I'm sure once your there, you will have seen enough examples and tests done to sway your opinion and you will agree with them rather than disagree.

4. I'm only 21 so I don't claim to have years of wisdom. But I do feel that I have matured more than most people my age. I grew up only playing racing video games. Speed is my love. I love the rush, I love the feeling, I love everything about it. When I was 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, and even now, I did/do insanely stupid things!!! When I look back on what I did a couple years ago, I can't believe it was me actually doing them. I did stuff when I was 16 that I wouldn't even do on a closed track now. Most of the stuff was just plain stupid, no matter where I was or how careful I was. I'm sure I still do tons of stupid things to this day, and that in a few years I will again look back at myself and wonder why I did them, but right now I think I'm fine. Life is all about learning, you never stop. Even if your 150 years old, when your 160 years old, you'll think some of the things you did 10 years prior were stupid. Our minds constantly change and grow, every day you learn things that change your opinions, beliefs, morals, standards, whatever. There is no perfect stage where your completely even minded. Just sit and think about things, other than what car you want or what you want to do in it, but think about how you've grown. Think about the stuff you did when you were younger and how, now, when you see kids doing the exact same thing at the same age you were, you now think they are stupid and immature. If people would just realize some of these things we would be so much better off and teenage drivers would be more mature and responsible. You CAN be mature, and follow rules, and still have a flippin blast with life!!! Just challenge your brain a bit for once and learn of legal and safe ways to enjoy your life. Think about stuff, think about how you'll think about it in the future, and if you think you'll regret it, don't do it! Its simple if you just try.

Sorry for such a long posting but you guys hit one of my nerves where I just go off . Moderators feel free to delete my account if you wish. I will check in to see where this thread goes, I'm eager to see what else this guy changes in his story
Welcome to the forum. I agree with pretty much everything you said.

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
Old 05-12-2009, 10:15 PM   #359
Stone Cold TBSS
BAHHBYE

Drives: 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckshop View Post
very unbelieveable considering city police say you were running the red light when the escape hit you in the driver rear wheel which spun you into the pole.
Yup...just look at the clues...

Futral Motorsports Built 416 LS3 UNDERWAY
Old 05-12-2009, 10:22 PM   #360
m1tankr

Drives: '69 Camaro RS LM-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssz28envy View Post
A few things...I don't race. My car and I have absolutely nothing to prove to any punk who pulls up next to us. Yes, I do have two speeding tickets. And guess what? They're both from me going the same speed or slower than every other driver on the interstate in the area and the dick state trooper on the shoulder playing with his little radar picks me from the group because I'm the one driving the camaro. So, no, I don't have an unusual amount of tickets. And i'm not bragging about my driving. Anyone who has a license should be able to handle their vehicle. Maybe saying I hate traffic cops wasn't quite the point I was trying to get across. I really mean any state troopers. And I do mean the IMPD are nearly useless. I have had to call them several times and half (no exaggeration) of the times they never showed up and the other half they told me there was nothing they could do. I'm not stupid. I know what they can and can't do. And yes, I know I'll get one of these useless guys if I call 911 for something I need a firefighter or emt for. In my area they'd really just stand around waiting for a paramedic. I wish if I really needed help I'd get an officer like you who would know what he's doing. You are right about traffic stops catching a lot of drunk drivers, drugs, and wanted individuals. I'm sorry I forgot about that. Unfortunately, where I live there are very very few decent police officers.
No prob. That's unfortunate that you've had bad experiences. Many of us officers have had bad dealings w/some officers also. The vast majority of officers work hard to do things no one else wants to do for people that don't like us for low pay, but we want to help good people and catch bad guys. Some of us look to cars for enjoyment and a refuge from some of the job stressors. So you can see why it might be irritating to have to listen to rants about cops when we just want to learn about and discuss our dream car.
I'll probably order up an IBM 2SS/RS w/white stripes later this year after the dealers stop spazzing out around here.
BTW Interesting side note. 2 of our officers just about got dragged off the bridge onto the interstate grabbing a bridge jumper and saving her as she jumped. Nice job on their part. That could have gone bad a number of ways.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:34 PM   #361
HuJass

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckshop View Post
Can you elaborate? Might you have a copy of the police report to post up?
Old 05-13-2009, 12:34 AM   #362
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
Sonds like there are some real sterling people involved in this....
Nope I'm not involved...
Old 05-13-2009, 01:58 AM   #363
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
If I may sum up:

OP has changed his story with almost every post, and no we cannot pick up the sarcasm because we speak proper (or close to proper) English here, and spell words with letters and not numbers. When a message is poorly communicated, subtlety and nuance are often the first things to go. Therefore, we have no idea what his real side of the story is.

Photographic evidence seems to indicate a strike from the Ford to the left rear quarter of the car, spinning it into a pole. This is likely caused by one driver (no idea which one) running a red light.

Most police officers are doing a fine job serving their community, but like EVERY OTHER GROUP they have their bad apples.

We need to be tougher on licensing requirements and teach actual driving skills, not just law awareness, to new drivers. In exchange for making it tougher to be licensed, the talented drivers that do qualify should be given higher speed limits.

Does that tie a nice bow on this?

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
Old 05-13-2009, 02:22 AM   #364
ChevyCamaro

Drives: 02' ZL1 GMMG Camaro
Absolutely and on that note...in before teh lock.

Closed Thread