#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-12-2016, 08:34 PM   #29
Stingray23

Drives: 2012 Ford SVT Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
That's actually not entirely true. The 1LE's have limited allocations, and will be much more rare. GM may say no tags on those (if any are even around). They word it as available on "selected" cars. But sometimes a dealer can tag a unique car on their own...hard to say exactly.
What limited allocation? lol. Its an option, not a model. This reminds me of the vette guys fighting over whether or not the Z51 pkge is a separate model or not If I were going to order a ILE pkge SS, I wouldnt tell the dealer I want a 1LE, I would simply ask for a 1SS and then check off the 1LE pkge.
Stingray23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:45 PM   #30
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray23 View Post
What limited allocation? lol. Its an option, not a model. This reminds me of the vette guys fighting over whether or not the Z51 pkge is a separate model or not If I were going to order a ILE pkge SS, I wouldnt tell the dealer I want a 1LE, I would simply ask for a 1SS and then check off the 1LE pkge.
Sorry to break it to you, but SS 1LE's do in fact have separate constraints than regular SS's due to the major content differences. You can try to do that, but if your dealer doesn't have a LT1 AND A1Y allocation it will not go through and will sit at 1100. Many here have had this exact issue at dealers not in the know.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:22 PM   #31
Chub2000

Drives: 2018 camaro zl1 , 2007 porsche GT3,
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
Just pure negotiation or was there some other incentives? What dealer was this deal from, that price is below GM Employee price which on a 1LE w/ PDR is $42,500.
I didn't even try to negotiate. They just dropped their pants right away.
I asked them to throw in a set of black bow ties, but they wouldn't do it. I guess ill be painting my gold ones..
Chub2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:25 PM   #32
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chub2000 View Post
I didn't even try to negotiate. They just dropped their pants right away.
I asked them to throw in a set of black bow ties, but they wouldn't do it. I guess ill be painting my gold ones..
Black vinyl works great to do that.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:38 PM   #33
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
It is a restraint, not an allocation that prevents orders from a dealer for a 1LE

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:56 PM   #34
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
It is a restraint, not an allocation that prevents orders from a dealer for a 1LE
It's actually both, *constraint and allocation.

GM can put constraints on the 1LE package, which they have, and a dealer needs the proper allocations regardless.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:42 AM   #35
maraging

Drives: 15 1ss 1le
Hopefully i can pick one up for 20% off!
maraging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 07:58 AM   #36
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
That's actually not entirely true. The 1LE's have limited allocations, and will be much more rare. GM may say no tags on those (if any are even around). They word it as available on "selected" cars. But sometimes a dealer can tag a unique car on their own...hard to say exactly.
The 1LE does not have limited allocation. For most of the '17 model year, the V8 has been limited availability but 1LE is not limited.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 08:03 AM   #37
GearheadSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
Last I heard GM will make as many Camaro's with the 1LE package as dealers or consumers are willing to order.
This is true. The only thing that would prevent that is if something that is part of the 1LE package has an availability shortage.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:05 AM   #38
GearheadSS

Quote:
Sorry to break it to you, but SS 1LE's do in fact have separate constraints than regular SS's due to the major content differences. You can try to do that, but if your dealer doesn't have a LT1 AND A1Y allocation it will not go through and will sit at 1100. Many here have had this exact issue at dealers not in the know.
I'm not trying to bag on you but you are posting A LOT of misinformation in this thread. There is no allocation for A1Y. PERIOD. Right now, 1LE is free flow and not a separate allocation. If a dealer has 100 Camaro allocations, they can order all 100 as a 1LE with no issue. In previous weeks, there has been a V8 constraint but the only 1LE constraint has been ordering one WITHOUT PDR. As long as it was ordered with PDR, you could order as many 1LE V8s you wanted if you had the V8 allocation.

In some cases, dealers could order 1LEs without V8 allocation. All 12 of our 1LEs were unallocated to us. I was able to order them because I know how to work the GM system.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:09 AM   #39
Chub2000

Drives: 2018 camaro zl1 , 2007 porsche GT3,
Quote:
Black vinyl works great to do that.
Good idea! Thank you
Chub2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 08:30 AM   #40
Buzzberd6

Drives: 2LT/1LE, HPCRX, F250(tow vehicle)
If anyone thought the price on the 1LE in the first post was good, there are two more of them in Tampa at Gordon Chevy in sub $43,000 range. Nightfall Gray and Summit White.

http://gordontampa.com/new/chevrolet...-w1ss/tampa-fl

There's also a new silver one at Bob Steele Chevy in Cocoa but I've been told they don't deal much.
Buzzberd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 08:33 AM   #41
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
I'm not trying to bag on you but you are posting A LOT of misinformation in this thread. There is no allocation for A1Y. PERIOD. Right now, 1LE is free flow and not a separate allocation. If a dealer has 100 Camaro allocations, they can order all 100 as a 1LE with no issue. In previous weeks, there has been a V8 constraint but the only 1LE constraint has been ordering one WITHOUT PDR. As long as it was ordered with PDR, you could order as many 1LE V8s you wanted if you had the V8 allocation.

In some cases, dealers could order 1LEs without V8 allocation. All 12 of our 1LEs were unallocated to us. I was able to order them because I know how to work the GM system.
I'm not taking it that way, I am here to learn, so it's cool. But this may be true now (since my car was ordered I stopped keeping track in all honesty), but it wasn't in the beginning from what I remember. There were constraints on the A1Y package for weeks and weeks (not just non PDR cars either). I remember seeing the constraint threads and the numbers were much lower and different from regular LT1 constraints for weeks on end. There were threads about members hoping their order squeezed in, including myself. Like some dealers had many LT1 allocations, but the A1Y constraints blocked some orders from passing 1100. Maybe I interpreted this wrong, but it sure looks like it from the numbers. Either way, my car will be delivered any day now, so I'm not too concerned lol.

EDIT: I attached some screenshots of the A1Y constraints. Seems I was correct in that respect.
Attached Images

Last edited by SS 1LE; 12-13-2016 at 08:50 AM.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 09:23 AM   #42
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
The 20% off specials are on the oldest inventory on dealer lots, I am not saying that it wont happen but I think its fair to say that a 1LE becoming part of a dealers oldest inventory is very unlikely.

That said, the only constant in life is change so we will see what the future holds.