Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 09:56 PM   #323
Dertybr

Drives: 2010 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
I think every cop has more than a right to pull someone doing 146 mph on the street.
Most people can't even fathom how fast that is, much less deal with that kind of speed.
146 mph is 214 fps. So in ONE second, you'd almost cover a football field. In one second.
Count it out. One one thousand. You just about covered a football field.

People that are going that fast should be cuffed & stuffed. It is so irresponsible to do that.

And Optimus, you'd have every right to give the a-hole that would drive that fast on a public road all the attitude you could muster.
lol 55 mph
Old 05-11-2009, 09:56 PM   #324
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
USELESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjulie83 View Post
this thread is useless......
YUP - totally useless. Its not making any sense at all.

The cukoo clock is saying "time to shut this puppy down, again."

Mine at sunset
Old 05-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #325
m1tankr

Drives: '69 Camaro RS LM-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssz28envy View Post
Exactly why I hate traffic cops. I can handle my car and I don't speed when I feel it's too dangerous. I've never been in or caused any accidents. Cities would be so much safer if the police were interested in stopping real crime as opposed to gaining revenue. Not really an attack on optimus, but more so on the IMPD and any state troopers here in Indy. They're nearly useless. I trust my .45 in any situation over the competence of the IMPD. 911 is really only if I need someone who can do their job (firefighters and emts.)
There are 2 types of drivers, those that have crashed and those that will crash.
It's fairly dumb to say you hate traffic cops. There are very few pure traffic cops. Most are local cops that work traffic sometimes or as requested by your neighbors who apparently disagree with you on your danger assessment, Mr. "I don't speed when when I feel it's to dangerous." Guess what the most common complaint about crime is? People speeding. What people really mean when they say they hate traffic cops is, they hate being caught. BTW Just to throw some cold water on your other theory, the majority of drug, warrant, felony arrests, are made from traffic stops. Most cops I know and work with aren't traffic hounds. I find that most people that complain like you have an inordinate amount of violations and are mostly just whiners because they got caught. BTW To throw some more cold water on your other complaint. If you call 911 for a fire or medical emergency, you're going to get an officer there well before fire or EMT. Odds are it's gonna be one like me and I'll be working on your child, wife, parent trying to save them for a few minutes before EMT or Fire get there. By the time you call and it gets dispatched, and fire gets there, you're well past that 6 minute brain damage window. So far, just this year, our dept has 2 saves w/defibs and CPR. Think before you speak. People like you never need our help...until you need our help and your phone ends up helping more than your .45
Old 05-11-2009, 11:04 PM   #326
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1tankr View Post
There are 2 types of drivers, those that have crashed and those that will crash.
It's fairly dumb to say you hate traffic cops. There are very few pure traffic cops. Most are local cops that work traffic sometimes or as requested by your neighbors who apparently disagree with you on your danger assessment, Mr. "I don't speed when when I feel it's to dangerous." Guess what the most common complaint about crime is? People speeding in this neighborhood. What people really mean when they say they hate traffic cops is, they hate being caught. BTW Just to throw some cold water on your other theory, the majority of drug, warrant, felony arrests, are made from traffic stops. Most cops I know and work with aren't traffic hounds. I find that most people that complain like you have an inordinate amount of violations and are mostly just whiners because they got caught. BTW To throw some more cold water on your other complaint. If you call 911 for a fire or medical emergency, you're going to get an officer there well before fire or EMT. Odds are it's gonna be one like me and I'll be working on your child, wife, parent trying to save them for a few minutes before EMT or Fire get there. By the time you call and it gets dispatched, and fire gets there, you're well past that 6 minute brain damage window. So far, just this year, our dept has 2 saves w/defibs and CPR. Think before you speak. People like you never need our help...until you need our help and your phone ends up helping more than your .45
Nice post. Appreciate your service. Thank you.
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
Old 05-11-2009, 11:28 PM   #327
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Blah Blah Blah..........Sounds like talk radio.

Interesting thing about this crash is I think, is it's a testement to the car's "crash worthiness". Look at it! The back caved in and the passenger compartment never lost it's shape. To me, it doesn't look like the back seat even moved forward at all. Maybe this will save a few crash test dummies. LOL!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:33 PM   #328
Sabrina saysssss

Drives: 95 camaro <3 =p
this is so depressing :( i'm soo sorry
Old 05-11-2009, 11:33 PM   #329
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
It's fairly dumb to say you hate traffic cops. There are very few pure traffic cops. Most are local cops that work traffic sometimes or as requested by your neighbors who apparently disagree with you on your danger assessment, Mr. "I don't speed when when I feel it's to dangerous." Guess what the most common complaint about crime is? People speeding in this neighborhood. What people really mean when they say they hate traffic cops is, they hate being caught. BTW Just to throw some cold water on your other theory, the majority of drug, warrant, felony arrests, are made from traffic stops. Most cops I know and work with aren't traffic hounds. I find that most people that complain like you have an inordinate amount of violations and are mostly just whiners because they got caught. BTW To throw some more cold water on your other complaint. If you call 911 for a fire or medical emergency, you're going to get an officer there well before fire or EMT. Odds are it's gonna be one like me and I'll be working on your child, wife, parent trying to save them for a few minutes before EMT or Fire get there. By the time you call and it gets dispatched, and fire gets there, you're well past that 6 minute brain damage window. So far, just this year, our dept has 2 saves w/defibs and CPR. Think before you speak. People like you never need our help...until you need our help and your phone ends up helping more than your .45
People who hate traffic cops are usually the most reckless drivers because they always feel they have to prove how awesome they are; hence they're the ones usually racing somebody. We've had 3 major accidents in the past 6 months near an intersection where I live and 2 fatalities because of people who drive with their egos and THINK they are the most awesome drivers in the world. It never occurs to them that regular drivers who pull out onto a roadway with a speed limit of 50 are NOT EXPECTING traffic moving at over 100 mph so they don't allow for speed-to-distance closing speeds of cars moving that fast. So when Mr. Awesome Driver has a regular unsuspecting driver pull out in front of him he only has enough time to move his foot from gas to brake pedal before impact and BLAM.

I can't see the intersection from my house but I can sure hear it. The sounds of engines racing, gear shifts, and then the sudden change to tires screaming and in less than 2 seconds from tire scream you hear a huge metallic impact. And I sit there thinking "dear god; not another one". It's terribly sad to leave for work and see a pile of flowers at the edge of the intersection where somebody died and know you heard the moment of their death. And why? Because of dumb asses racing.

Traffic cops are not a problem; idiot drivers are. Traffic cops are doing what we the people hired them to do. You wanna race? Take your car to a track where it's legal and safe to do so and THEN I'll consider you a responsible driver, regardless of your age. You wanna drive at 176, 146 or whatever high speed at night you think is cool because you think you're fast and furious? I'll be one of those calling a traffic cop on your dumb ass; and hopefully they'll get to you before you kill somebody.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:33 PM   #330
Sabrina saysssss

Drives: 95 camaro <3 =p
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlynotyou_ss View Post
hey now he was driving a ford

seriously though my dad prepared me for my camaro and is teaching how to drive stick
i wont be the dumbass teenager with a muscle car.ill be responsible
heh. that's what thought too, you should see MY camaro. :(
Old 05-12-2009, 12:11 AM   #331
SnoMoDude600

Drives: 2001 Ford Crown Victoria LX
Wow, so sorry for your loss man. It is a so sad when they go so young. Just hurts to see a Camaro like that.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:58 AM   #332
PD123

Drives: Honda Civic EX '96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
That is why kids should not be allowed to drive. I am for real they have no freaking brains until they are at least 18.
I think it should be harder to get a drivers license. There are too many bad drivers on the road because they are so easy to get. I got my license at 16. I've never been in an accident or gotten a ticket. It's all about knowing how to drive, knowing your cars limits and knowing where and when to drive a little "harder" than usual. One example is to not speed on residential roads ever even though they are usually empty because you never know when a kid is going to run into the street. I was a couple yards from hitting a kid when he popped out in front of my car when I was going 20 in a 25.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:03 AM   #333
PD123

Drives: Honda Civic EX '96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
The crash info I can buy, but I sincerely hope neither dertybr nor anyone else here is driving this car at 146 mph or anywhere near that on public roads. I really don't like giving citations, especially in these hard times, but if I pulled anyone over for that kind of driving, I would load them up with every ticket under the sun for that kind of recklessness and make sure they end up in court, possibly even lose their license. Again, I'm not a cop to be a jerk. I hate that attitude, but some idiots out there do need to be put in their place... (not an attack on you dertybr, just generally speaking)
I believe in Virginia a cop can arrest a driver on the spot if he's being that reckless.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:40 AM   #334
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
It's fairly dumb to say you hate traffic cops. There are very few pure traffic cops. Most are local cops that work traffic sometimes or as requested by your neighbors who apparently disagree with you on your danger assessment, Mr. "I don't speed when when I feel it's to dangerous." Guess what the most common complaint about crime is? People speeding. What people really mean when they say they hate traffic cops is, they hate being caught. BTW Just to throw some cold water on your other theory, the majority of drug, warrant, felony arrests, are made from traffic stops. Most cops I know and work with aren't traffic hounds. I find that most people that complain like you have an inordinate amount of violations and are mostly just whiners because they got caught. BTW To throw some more cold water on your other complaint. If you call 911 for a fire or medical emergency, you're going to get an officer there well before fire or EMT. Odds are it's gonna be one like me and I'll be working on your child, wife, parent trying to save them for a few minutes before EMT or Fire get there. By the time you call and it gets dispatched, and fire gets there, you're well past that 6 minute brain damage window. So far, just this year, our dept has 2 saves w/defibs and CPR. Think before you speak. People like you never need our help...until you need our help and your phone ends up helping more than your .45
Alright, on the other side of the coin, where does a "traffic" cop get off pulling people over just to LOOK at their cars, such as.....a Camaro?! Wouldn't they be endangering a life-saving call if they are 'ing with the driver of a Camaro and take away precious seconds away from their response time?! Please don't tell me policemen don't do this because they do, maybe not all, but if just one cop does it, you are all guilty as charged. Same goes with the generalization that all policemen eat donuts all the time. Some do and you, my friend, are guilty, whether you are a vegetarian or a vagatarian. Don't crown yourself a hero or take more credit than you deserve. Remember, you are not writing somebody a ticket for because you are deliberately trying to be an a-hole; you do it because it is your job, just as saving somebody's life doesn't make you a hero; it is your duty. Try to be a little more humble please.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:55 AM   #335
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
Alright, on the other side of the coin, where does a "traffic" cop get off pulling people over just to LOOK at their cars, such as.....a Camaro?! Wouldn't they be endangering a life-saving call if they are 'ing with the driver of a Camaro and take away precious seconds away from their response time?! Please don't tell me policemen don't do this because they do, maybe not all, but if just one cop does it, you are all guilty as charged. Same goes with the generalization that all policemen eat donuts all the time. Some do and you, my friend, are guilty, whether you are a vegetarian or a vagatarian. Don't crown yourself a hero or take more credit than you deserve. Remember, you are not writing somebody a ticket for because you are deliberately trying to be an a-hole; you do it because it is your job, just as saving somebody's life doesn't make you a hero; it is your duty. Try to be a little more humble please.
I've heard this argument a few times which is completely ridiculous. Cops patrol around the area, sometimes they stop, sometimes not. They have radios, if they have already stopped a car to shoot the shit for 2 seconds BIG DEAL. They could be stopped getting a coffee, they could be stopped to take a shit, they could be stopped for many other reasons, they still have a radio and are not far from their car, and all those things could slow them down just as much if not more. Yeah maybe their car is further away maybe its closer to the alarm, its called patrolling.

Sorry but this is such a dicky anti-cop argument, are you on the ball 24/7 at your job, do you ever check your text messages, BS with your buddy, or stop for a coffee or a water? I didn't think so.....
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Old 05-12-2009, 07:04 AM   #336
snsdiver72
IPA in Iraq

Drives: Traverse, Titan, Crown Vic PC
Send a message via Yahoo to snsdiver72 Send a message via Skype™ to snsdiver72
I am and have been a Deputy Sheriff here in Texas for 12 years and I can tell that by some of the comments that most do not know the first thing it is about or what it is to be a "cop". Most agencies only see maybe 3 to 10 percent of fines paid from tickets, the rest goes back to the city or county to pay for city or county employees. Do not say you know what it takes to be a cop because of a friend who is one or you talked to one once. Until you wear the boots or shoes of a cop you will never understand. And I second the fact that those who say they hate cops, probably are the ones that merely got caught in the act of something they should not have been doing in the first place. Someone also made the comment that they know how to drive, but once an accident happens they are usually the first to deny any wrong doing on their own part, same with speeders, when we stop them they claim no knowledge of their speeding. It is human nature to lie to cops.

Closed Thread