Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
C@m@roLVR

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Exclamation $13,200 In Damages.. "not totalled"

In advance, please forgive me for my typing errors =)

Well, let me start out by saying, this is not the first time something like this has happened to my Camaro. About a year ago, I woke up, got ready, dressed, ate some breakfast, and walked to my car outside my apatment, just like any other day. As I opened the door and glanced inside, I saw pieces of glass laying on the center consol. I looked around and no signs of damage appearing to be visable in the cabin, so I decided to walk around to the rear area. Thats where I found 3 giant holes in my back glass, dents on the trunk, and my right-side side skirt was ripped off. It turns out someone had taken out some frustration by taking a 9mm. to the Camaro and then ripped off the side skirt. The police came and I made the report. I called the front office to the apartment complex, and to my luck.. the surveilence system was shut off due to some power outages during the night. Needless to say, the car was towed, fixed, and insurance paid for the 4k bill.

A week after getting the car back from the body shop, I came to stop light and waited for the "green." I caught a vehicle in the rear view out of the corner of my eye coming up behind me rather quickly. I thought nothing of it, then it happened.. BAAMMMMMM. The lady slammed into me with some serious force. I wasn't hurt in any way shape or form and I'm not the type that would jump out and complain of neck pain. So, I pulled over to the side, followed by the woman who struck me. I made sure her and her grandchild were ok before assessing the damage. When I called the police to come and make a report, she told me that she didnt have insurance on her vehicle. WONDERFULLLLLLL!!!!!!.. After the report was made and she was issued 3 citations, she had the nerve to walk over to my car, place her hand on the bumper and say that the scars didn't look fresh. WOW.... long story short, I was never paid.

FINALLY, After months of being 12 hours from my hometown without visiting my family, I was able to make plans to come back and reconnect for a few days. I had planned on this trip for a while. The stress was building up, and I really needed a vacation. So last week I began my trek from Springfield, IL to Buckhannon, WV. I had driven it before and no issues ever came about. This time was no different.. No police, sunny skies, and open road. The next day a few of my friends and family members went to a pub to catch the Heat and Celtics game. On my way home, around 1:30am, I caught myself trying to find a radio station, when I looked up, I was staring at Bambi's dad and Uncle. Even though I ripped the first deer in half the second deer, (still being struck) made it out alive. When the police arrived, he shined his flashlight to the front of the car. I pealed back the broken bumper to check out the internal damage. I was greeted with a handful of guts and intestines. YUMMMYY.. Tow truck came and courtesy patrol picked up the dismembered body to dispose of. The next day I came to the tow truck business to check out my baby. Turns out whenever I hit the first deer, he spun around to the drivers side and his rear-end hit the quarter panel, releasing his bowels all over the car. The guy that towed it, told me that not only did I get the first buck of the season, but he must have been eating some fresh green grass. Over the past week, I've stayed in contact with the Body shop who is fixing it. They said it would take 5 weeks to fix and its a $13,200 bill. THANK GOD FOR INSURANCE.. but, there was a catch. Since I'm paying out the butt for insurance because of my age, I failed to add on rental insurance. So I had to fork up $1,200 for a 2012 Jetta rental. MPG's are worse than my V6.. Oh well, the prices we pay to have nice things. So, i'll end this story with a parting toast to all of my fellow Camaro owners who have been through Hell and back, crashes, and dents, getting keyed, and getting doored- We lived a tough and bumpy life, but in the end we are still alive, and can live on to tell our horror stories to the rest of the world. CHEERS (below= 1st pic-gunshots 2nd pic-deer)
Attached Images

C@m@roLVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
damn. you should got gary fenders, jay leno hood, a spoiler and t2 ports too. couldnt tell if u had rs headlights but if not u couldve got those too. u shouldve rented a chevy aveo lol. but glad its being taken car of.
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
So no one thought "Where those gun shots?" and looked out the window? Looks much more like a hammer or a blunt object rather than bullet holes. Did they find the 9mm lead? I highly doubt a 9mm did that big of a hole. You need to get rid of that thing though. It has bad luck written all over it lol.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #4
KnightRiderSS
Voodoo Medicine Man

Drives: Black 2SS with RS package
Name:  mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg
Views: 2227
Size:  26.5 KB
Old 06-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #5
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
My husband just commented on how you were really lucky your driver's side window didn't break... then you'd have deer poo on you, too... Yeah, that's the way my husband thinks....
Glad you're OK!!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #6
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
That sucks. Glad you're okay.
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #7
1badtie

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
so the lady that didnt have insurance you just got screwed on that one or what?? how does that work? i would of probably lost it

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Performance: BMR trailing arms & bushings | BMR Toe links | X-pipe | Muffler delete | Vmax ported throttle body | Apex "strong" MAS | Vararam CAI | Apex catch can | Kooks Headers | Kooks HF Cats | Dyno tuned by GPI 417 RWHP 409 FT-Lb
Cosmetic: painted Zl1 rockers | Zl1 grill | AAC side markers | AAC LED backup lights | windows tint | taillight tint | JDP tow hook | all emblems blacked out | LED fogs
1badtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #8
Gio

Drives: My car....
.....Another day, another dollar!!!!
Gio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #9
C@m@roLVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badtie View Post
so the lady that didnt have insurance you just got screwed on that one or what?? how does that work? i would of probably lost it
I needed to take her to court, but from the looks of her and her vehicle, I knew I couldn't get blood from a turnip.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #10
C@m@roLVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
So no one thought "Where those gun shots?" and looked out the window? Looks much more like a hammer or a blunt object rather than bullet holes. Did they find the 9mm lead? I highly doubt a 9mm did that big of a hole. You need to get rid of that thing though. It has bad luck written all over it lol.
Casings on the ground and a bullet lodged in the dash
Old 06-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #11
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
The Camaro took a lickin' but you are still tickin'!! That shows us how great the safety of the Camaro gives us. Once there is new skin she'll good as new.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #12
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Geez. I thought I had bad luck. WOW. I definately wouldn't keep that car.
I would of lost it after the lady said the scars don't look fresh! Cuz you know dents and shit heal themselves over time. I'm almost 90% certain I wouldn't do this but I'd love to show her what some fresh scars do look like.

I'd like to know more about the bullet hole damage. What all had to be replaced? Judging from just the pic I would guess rear seat, arm rest, center console/dash area.

Since it sounds like you go to school in Springfield and drive home to visit the fam, you should get some of those deer sensor things, sorry don't know what they are called but I know a truck driver who puts them on his cars. It's like a small device u stick in your grill that emit at a sound only animals can hear and makes the deer run away instead of staring at death.

Hitting deer is no joke, I wold say you were lucky but from the sound of things it's anything but luck on your side.

Be safe.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #13
SB09

Drives: 2012 SS/RS M6 AGM
Note to self: Do not hit deer with Camaro! That's some pretty good damage. I've hit em in trucks before and I know it's not pleasant.

Sorry for the run of bad luck!
Old 06-07-2012, 11:47 PM   #14
C@m@roLVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
Geez. I thought I had bad luck. WOW. I definately wouldn't keep that car.
I would of lost it after the lady said the scars don't look fresh! Cuz you know dents and shit heal themselves over time. I'm almost 90% certain I wouldn't do this but I'd love to show her what some fresh scars do look like.

I'd like to know more about the bullet hole damage. What all had to be replaced? Judging from just the pic I would guess rear seat, arm rest, center console/dash area.

Since it sounds like you go to school in Springfield and drive home to visit the fam, you should get some of those deer sensor things, sorry don't know what they are called but I know a truck driver who puts them on his cars. It's like a small device u stick in your grill that emit at a sound only animals can hear and makes the deer run away instead of staring at death.

Hitting deer is no joke, I wold say you were lucky but from the sound of things it's anything but luck on your side.

Be safe.
Close, I work here in Springfield. I'm trying my hardest to get a transfer and get closer to home. I miss the Mountains & the family. As for other pics of damage, I have 1 more on my profile. The shot went threw the seat and into the dash. The other 2 bullets werent found.