Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-14-2010, 07:10 AM   #1
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Now The Wife Wants One!

Well folks I finally converted my wife to wanting the Camaro. She has put up with my constant obsession with this car and has not really showed much interest in it although she likes the looks of the car.
At the moment she drives a 2004 Monte Carlo/Dale Jr Signature Series/Super Charged SS and just loves that thing.
I showed her the Synergy green color on the computer but told her that pics do no justice for that color, she sort of liked the color and I told her that once she saw that color in person she would be hooked............
Well........this morning she calls me up all excited and the first thing out of her mouth is "I'm gettin one!"
I said "Gettin one What?"
Tells me that she saw a synergy green Camaro on the road next to her at a light and when the driver of the Camaro noticed her drooling at the car he gave my wife a 'thumbs up' (I guess it was for her Dale Jr car, we get lots of thumbs up over our Monte all the time)
Now she REALLY wants one! She just loves Dale Jr and is already planning on putting subtle touches on the camaro that will depict the #88, I know she will do it tactfully and make it look nice, I told her that maybe she should have hood spears of the dark "AMP" green painted on and have a #88 emblem put on the hood.
She loves that idea and now wants me to photoshop one on a pic of a synergy green Camaro.
She actually just wants a V6 because she says that she wants a car with the same or better power than her current car and I have reassured her that it actually feels a bit more powerful than her car. She doesn't want the V8 because she feels that that she will never use that kind of power, and besides she wants me to get the V8.
So this is starting to look like a two Camaro family in the future.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:12 AM   #2
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
they all eventually come around

I have registered for several drawings for my fiance to get one. She gets a little grin on her face when I say "now you know you'd love to have one"!
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:15 AM   #3
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
Get that thing on order.
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:20 AM   #4
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange10s.c. View Post
Get that thing on order.
Oh you know I will.......
She has told me several times that she thinks the new Camaro is the nicest design Chevy has made to date on the Camaro, even though we had a sixty eight that we recently sold which is the first step we had to make towards a new one.
It will still be a while because of the money still owed on the Monte, but we are looking at the beginning of next year for our purchase.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:54 AM   #5
Ron66Vette&10SS
Plays with Hot Wheels

Drives: '17 Jet Black ZL1
Lucky man .....keep encouraging her!

I tried convincing my wife she "needed" a new Camaro when we were looking for a new car for her last year. I even tried selling her on the V6 for the mileage angle and that it would be "hers" (as opposed to a V8 which would be "mine").

I tried & tried for MONTHS, but she still wouldn't fall for it.....she wouldn't budge on wanting 4 doors. We ended up going for a G6 with the V6 which has more power and even weighs less than a stock 4th Gen V6 Camaro , so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.....but it sure as hell isn't another 5th Gen though. :(

Like I said, way to work it!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 07:57 AM   #6
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
2 Camaro's is always better than 1, I have 3 and I want more.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:59 AM   #7
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
I had a supercharged Monte Carlo as well. I LOVED that car. I love my Camaro MORE. I am very excited for you and her! Congrats!!

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:22 AM   #8
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Congrats !!!

Not to jack the thread, but can anyone explain the obsession with Jr. Is it just a name thing or what ? I really don't get it ...
Old 07-14-2010, 09:16 AM   #9
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Congrats !!!

Not to jack the thread, but can anyone explain the obsession with Jr. Is it just a name thing or what ? I really don't get it ...
Just a fan......whats wrong with that? He has been our favorite driver for a long time now.
Some folks follow certain sports/teams/drivers........thats their thing. I wouldn't call it an obsession, I just call it being a fan.

Like you said "I really dont get it" if I have to explain to you then you wouldn't understand.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:18 AM   #10
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post
I had a supercharged Monte Carlo as well. I LOVED that car. I love my Camaro MORE. I am very excited for you and her! Congrats!!
The Monte is her car and it will still be hard for her to give up that car.
It's been a pretty good car with minimum issues but I am sure thatonce she test drives the Camaro she will never look back.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:35 AM   #11
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
When I told my wife I wanted a Camaro, she simply said "I don't get it, but ok." After she drove it, she understood. She would never give up her Honda Pilot for a Camaro, but at least she understands the love of the Camaro.
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:04 AM   #12
ketel0ne

Drives: Used to have 2010 SGM
I believe the Synergy green is a limited order run that ends in December.
ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:10 AM   #13
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketel0ne View Post
I believe the Synergy green is a limited order run that ends in December.
That is correct. If your wife wants Synergy Green, she is going to have to place her order in December.

My husband drives a Dodge Ram, loves it. He has driven my car 2-3 times and doesn't like it (too small, limited visibility, blag,blah,blah) ... Good for me, huh...
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:19 AM   #14
Seneca SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS --
the wife took 1 drive in Wysilverados camaro and we ordered ours

Horse Power is where its at !!!!!
Seneca SS is offline   Reply With Quote