Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-21-2013, 01:18 PM   #15
yzrider58
Aviation guru

Drives: 10 1SS, 09 Acadia, 90 K1500 Z-71
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Changing public perception is the hard part. They've been better than the general public thinks for a while IMO.
It will take some time but things have been a lot better for quite awhile.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #16
SROD
THE ROD MAN

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS #631
Congrats GM and Chevy!
Old 06-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #17
GoEagles88

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Send a message via AIM to GoEagles88
As a buy American at all costs guy, this does my heart good! I will have an excellent weekend blabbing about these stats!

Go USA!!!!!
Old 06-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #18
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Changing public perception is the hard part. They've been better than the general public thinks for a while IMO.
This.

Any time I talk about new Chevy vehicles, people always say how they are garbage quality wise. They almost never own GM products.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #19
05stram

Drives: 2013 RS - 2013 2SS/RS - 1971 RS
Most people who talk trash about a brand they have never driven are typically those who want everything for free and think a Prius is the save all for the universe.
05stram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #20
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
This.

Any time I talk about new Chevy vehicles, people always say how they are garbage quality wise. They almost never own GM products.
Just have to change perceptions.

Although the double standard is incredible. Can't tell you how many people I know who will give their precious Toyota a pass every time something breaks down but start talking trash about my GMs when the air filter needs to be cleaned.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:51 PM   #21
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
All this talk of perceptions reminds me of a story I heard about the previous generation Malibu (2008-2012). GM contracted a company to do some focus groups see how the average person would rate it in comparison to the competition. The Malibu was generally ranked mid pack, with the Accord & Camry coming out on top. But they also did a 2nd set of focus groups with the same cars, only this time they debadged all of them. For that set, it was reversed: the Malibu was on top, with the Camry & Accord midpack. Only thing different was that the cars no longer had any badges or nameplates
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #22
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Congrats GM & Chevy. I knew I had good taste! LOL (2 GMC & 3 Chevys in my driveway)
Old 06-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #23
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
All this talk of perceptions reminds me of a story I heard about the previous generation Malibu (2008-2012). GM contracted a company to do some focus groups see how the average person would rate it in comparison to the competition. The Malibu was generally ranked mid pack, with the Accord & Camry coming out on top. But they also did a 2nd set of focus groups with the same cars, only this time they debadged all of them. For that set, it was reversed: the Malibu was on top, with the Camry & Accord midpack. Only thing different was that the cars no longer had any badges or nameplates

Exactly.

My family has owned GM products for years and never had a serious problem.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #24
OVERPAR73
2018 Garnet Red ZL1 conve

Drives: 2013 & 2018 ZL1 vert
Customer Service Reps

I really love my car but the customer service from these so called "service representatives" on the phone received so far has something that really needs to be worked on in the future! It would be really nice to talk to someone that knows about the car (ZL1) their trying to talk about, their clueless!!
Old 06-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #25
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERPAR73 View Post
I really love my car but the customer service from these so called "service representatives" on the phone received so far has something that really needs to be worked on in the future! It would be really nice to talk to someone that knows about the car (ZL1) their trying to talk about, their clueless!!
Hello OVERPAR73

Is there something we may be able to assist you with here? We'd be happy to have the opportunity to do so.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #26
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoEagles88 View Post
As a buy American at all costs guy, this does my heart good! I will have an excellent weekend blabbing about these stats!

Go USA!!!!!
Old 06-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #27
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05stram View Post
DETROIT -- General Motors for the first time ranked atop a closely watched survey measuring new-vehicle quality, while Ford Motor Co. continued to be dragged down by its electronic features.

GM placed two brands -- GMC and Chevrolet -- in the top five of J.D. Power and Associates' Initial Quality Study released today.

The annual survey, redesigned for its 27th year, measures the number of problems on 2013 cars and light trucks that buyers report after 90 days of ownership. Volkswagen AG's Porsche unit topped all brands, followed by GMC, Lexus, Infiniti and Chevrolet.

"GM has the best quality of any corporation in the study, the first time it's been on top," said David Sargent, Power vice president of global automotive and the study's author. "And GMC and Chevrolet have never finished in the top five before."

Toyota's Scion brand, Chrysler's Fiat unit and Mitsubishi were at the bottom of the rankings. Lexus, Toyota's luxury brand, had topped the survey in 2012 and 2011.

Almost two-thirds of problems reported on 2013 models were related to design rather than manufacturing defects -- things drivers considered not broken but still difficult to understand or operate, Power said. "The manufacturers have gotten really, really good at building high-quality products," Sargent said. "Quality now is not just 'Does it work?' It's a matter of how it works and is it simple and enjoyable to operate."

Results of the study were released today at an Automotive Press Association luncheon in Detroit.
GM's four brands averaged 98 problems per 100 vehicles, and it was the only automaker with fewer than one problem per new car, passing Toyota Motor Corp. and Honda Motor Co., which tied for second among automakers with 103 problems per 100 models surveyed.

Power said the Lexus LS sedan, which was redesigned for 2013, was the most trouble-free vehicle with 59 problems per 100 vehicles surveyed.

But it was the only Lexus model to top a segment. The brand grabbed the most awards each of the last four years and topped every segment that it competed in just seven years ago. "They will consider this disappointing," Sargent said of Toyota and Honda. "Toyota would expect Lexus to be No. 1 and Toyota to be No. 2. That's their mission. Honda would expect to be in the top five. And they're not."

Ford Motor's Lincoln brand tied the industry average of 113 per 100 vehicles, but with 131 problems per 100, the Ford brand finished No. 27 of 33 ranked marques, the same position as last year.

All GM brands finished above industry average. In addition to No. 2 GMC and No. 5 Chevrolet, Cadillac tied for 13th and Buick tied for No. 15.
"Nothing energizes us more than receiving the verification of quality from our customers," Alicia Boler-Davis, head of global quality and U.S. customer experience for GM, said in a statement.

Porsche, with 80 problems reported per 100 vehicles, finished well ahead of its corporate stablemates, No. 13 Audi and No. 23 Volkswagen.

GMC and Chevrolet were the only nonluxury brands ranked in the top five.
The Acura and Toyota brands tied for No. 6, Honda was eighth and Jaguar ninth. Hyundai, Kia and Mercedes-Benz tied for No. 10.

Power redesigned the study for 2013, after seven years, for several reasons. Questions about outdated hardware such as cassette players have been updated to include new features such as voice recognition and lane-departure warning. Power also switched from paper questionnaires to asking randomly selected owners to respond online.
The changes allowed the market research firm to obtain more follow-up details from owners about any problems. The change was requested by automakers surveyed and who pay Power for analysis of the data and use the study to assess quality and how to improve.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #28
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
That must have been one huge check to J.D. for GM to get that award
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote