Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-06-2011, 01:26 AM   #71
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Never gave the LS 327 much though until you said something, but could see it as an option.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:28 AM   #72
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
I really think that it would be a great option and hell might get better gas mileage for the tree people! LOL
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:41 AM   #73
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Yup sooner then later the MPG thing is going to really start effecting the pony cars. Especially when people want to balance performance w/ DD aspects. I know that most say who cares, but low sales means the beginning of the end for a company that's has to make money selling cars to stay alive. An the performance minded people w/deep pockets seem to be the minority.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #74
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMchin View Post
Yup sooner then later the MPG thing is going to really start effecting the pony cars. Especially when people want to balance performance w/ DD aspects. I know that most say who cares, but low sales means the beginning of the end for a company that's has to make money selling cars to stay alive. An the performance minded people w/deep pockets seem to be the minority.
This is when we need to start looking at European cars and how they make power. For the most part they don't use big V8's, if you want 6.2L size its a V12, but they do a great job with the HP in tiny 3.5L V8's and MPG's are great also.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #75
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
This is when we need to start looking at European cars and how they make power. For the most part they don't use big V8's, if you want 6.2L size its a V12, but they do a great job with the HP in tiny 3.5L V8's and MPG's are great also.
Dual Overhead Cams bro.... There are no European cars that use a pushrod engine anymore... GM has something cooking but I don't think that it is a DOHC....
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:39 PM   #76
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Lets keep up. The answer: LS5.

5.5L. Direct Injection. New block design. New head design. More power. Better economy in the 450bhp vicinity for the entry level V8 of this design to be used in trucks and cars. AND HOPEFULLY DOHC so that changing cams could be like changing underwear. Cant tell if its a DOHC motor since its covered by the CAIs. Here is a picture of the motor in a C6R. Thanks again to corvette racing engineers for what looks to be another beast since their LS7 behemoth creation.

http://www.lsxtv.com/forum/power-ls5-5-5l-2938.html

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:30 PM   #77
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty9fordkiller View Post
Lets keep up. The answer: LS5.

5.5L. Direct Injection. New block design. New head design. More power. Better economy in the 450bhp vicinity for the entry level V8 of this design to be used in trucks and cars. AND HOPEFULLY DOHC so that changing cams could be like changing underwear. Cant tell if its a DOHC motor since its covered by the CAIs. Here is a picture of the motor in a C6R. Thanks again to corvette racing engineers for what looks to be another beast since their LS7 behemoth creation.

http://www.lsxtv.com/forum/power-ls5-5-5l-2938.html
It has a name now?

The Gen V engines won't feature DOHC, based on the most recent rumors/info. And they scrapped the Northstar replacement program, too...
Old 05-08-2011, 09:00 PM   #78
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
It has a name now?

The Gen V engines won't feature DOHC, based on the most recent rumors/info. And they scrapped the Northstar replacement program, too...
No. No name yet. BUT YOU GOTTA ADMIT. LS5 just sounds smooooooooooth!!!!!

Bone Stock
Old 05-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #79
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty9fordkiller View Post
No. No name yet. BUT YOU GOTTA ADMIT. LS5 just sounds smooooooooooth!!!!!
mmmmmmmaybe. It hasn't been used, yet - that's true enough.

LS1, LS2, LS3, LS4, ____, LS6, LS9, ____, LS9, LSA, _____, etc

hmmm......
Old 05-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #80
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
mmmmmmmaybe. It hasn't been used, yet - that's true enough.

LS1, LS2, LS3, LS4, ____, LS6, LS9, ____, LS9, LSA, _____, etc

hmmm......
The had the LT series, then the LS series. Perhaps the first Gen V engine will be the LR1?
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #81
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fielderLS3 View Post
The had the LT series, then the LS series. Perhaps the first Gen V engine will be the LR1?
Well, its not the first time that gm used the LT and LS RPO codes for their engines till they wore them out. The original LT1 was factory rated the most powerful small block motor (eventhough i think the 302s in the first Z28's might have something to say about that) and in its second coming in the late 80s, through mid-late 90s, it didn't disapoint with either the LT1, LT4, or the rarest of gems, the LT5. and it seems that GM has always made the LS series engines the ones that strike terror on the "other" two companies. Just do your homework on the original LS5, LS6, and LS7. (You know that roar when its raining that society has named "thunder"??? Those are actually LS6s and LS7s talking to us from motor heaven) I vote for an LS5 name or, LT5!!!

Bone Stock
Old 07-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #82
flopjack

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
I am am starting to get that confusion too, ...., increasing by the day due to the waiting....whats in the works, whats coming down the pike, what other special versions or variations besides the ZL1 will be available soon. Could there be a Z28, a monster T3 Bee, a new body style for the 6th gen, what do they have up their sleeve? Decisions..decisions.... I am sooo confused!!!! My instincts tell me to wait...but I an getting impatient.
Same here...I decided to wait for the 2012 ZL1's to go on closeout...so that will be about 18 months from now. If I still haven't heard anything on the Z/28...then that will be the time to strike... (unless they announce significant improvements for the 2013 ZL1...in which case I'll wait 12 more months for those to go on closeout...and if they still haven't announced anything maybe it's just not coming ). The Camaro6 has some huge shoes to fill if its going to be as iconic as the 5th gen, so I really think the current Camaro is the car to own if you're a collector. It would simply be a tragedy for there to be no Z/28. But we know it's coming almost maybe certainly for sure.

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!!

Last edited by flopjack; 07-03-2011 at 12:31 AM.
flopjack is offline   Reply With Quote