Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-10-2015, 09:17 AM   #127
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
I took it to mean that he considers talking to passengers and changing the radio station to be relatively safe (which they are) and that talking on a hand free device is no less dangerous than those presumably safe activities (which it is not).

In any case I find it amusing that the safety Nazis will move to have your kids taken from you if you let them ride their bikes without a helmet, yet stand idly by when manufacturers put the f'n internet in your car.

Ewww, my car is a Wi-Fi hot spot!!! Go ahead, send and receive email, surf the net even... but make sure you are wearing your seatbelt and have junior in his car seat lest you be ticketed.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:55 AM   #128
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Some people shouldn't be allowed to drive and chew gum at the same time, but that's a different story..
Old 06-10-2015, 10:26 AM   #129
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
SOOOOOO..... How bout those new taillights!?

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:50 AM   #130
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I am not an aficionado when it comes to cars in the "old days", though I grew up in the 50s-60s. I don't recall vacuum tubes being used in vehicles back then, but perhaps they were since you mentioned them in your post "discussing automotive lighting". Were they used in those old AM radios?
Well since this thread is all over the place... The very first all-transistor car radio with no vacuum tubes debuted as an option in the 1956 model year by Chrysler, however due to the high cost of semi-conductors and not being a popular option it was cancelled after a while. Soon most were "hybrids" with both semi-conductors and vacuum tubes. Believe it or not hybrid car radios with vacuum tube(s) were around until the '80s. Maybe the stereo below would interest you as there are some still out there.
Since lights don't have a "sound quality" issue I'd think you'd want the most reliable, least power consuming, most efficient modern lighting you could get. Different strokes I guess...

(Is someone insulting EVERY SINGLE MEMBER here that got the RS because they liked the LED halos?)
Attached Images

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 06-10-2015 at 11:25 AM.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 11:25 AM   #131
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
I took it to mean that he considers talking to passengers and changing the radio station to be relatively safe (which they are) and that talking on a hand free device is no less dangerous than those presumably safe activities (which it is not).

In any case I find it amusing that the safety Nazis will move to have your kids taken from you if you let them ride their bikes without a helmet, yet stand idly by when manufacturers put the f'n internet in your car.

Ewww, my car is a Wi-Fi hot spot!!! Go ahead, send and receive email, surf the net even... but make sure you are wearing your seatbelt and have junior in his car seat lest you be ticketed.
I'm with ya.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 11:31 AM   #132
Forte

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM W/ Black Stripes
*delete*

Last edited by Forte; 06-10-2015 at 11:39 AM. Reason: off topic, my bad.
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 11:47 AM   #133
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
Well since this thread is all over the place... The very first all-transistor car radio with no vacuum tubes debuted as an option in the 1956 model year by Chrysler...
Well, I was only three years old then and really didn't concern myself with car radios until a good dozen years later. Thanks for the education.

Quote:
Maybe the stereo below would interest you as there are some still out there.
Whew! Never saw anything like that in a car, but if you say they existed I'll take your word for it.

Quote:
Since lights don't have a "sound quality" issue I'd think you'd want the most reliable, least power consuming, most efficient modern lighting you could get. Different strokes I guess...
I'm not against LEDs for their efficiency - I even have one perched on my desk illuminating this keyboard I am typing on. And neither my keyboard or my mouse have cords attached to them. How do they do that? Must be voodoo magic.

What I do object to with the factory added LED running lights, turn/brake signals, etc. is the bling effect i. e. the eyebrows over the headlights, the glittery vertical strips down the outside edges of fenders, the outlined tail lights, etc. It's 90% for show... not safety.

Quote:
(Is someone insulting EVERY SINGLE MEMBER here that got the RS because they liked the LED halos?)
If that was the sole purpose for getting the RS package... perhaps. My main reason for getting the package was for the HID headlights, which included the halos. Since my car came with the DRLs (in the typical fog light position) the halos serve no purpose other than to "look cool". I drive a lot of country roads at night (with many deer and other critters) and I need the extra bright illumination of the HIDs to see them in time to react accordingly.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:01 PM   #134
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
SOOOOOO..... How bout those new taillights!?

This thread is stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:12 PM   #135
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis43 View Post
This thread is stupid.

Not any worse than the other 500 tail light threads since the refresh was shown....
Old 06-10-2015, 12:19 PM   #136
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Not any worse than the other 500 tail light threads since the refresh was shown....

They should all be merged here and then thrown in the locked abyss

Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:12 PM   #137
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis43 View Post
This thread is stupid.

If you think this thread is stupid, wait until a Vittesse Throttle Controller comes out for the 6th gen.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:16 PM   #138
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
True, we've had a couple of years of tail light discussions to get us to this point! We have come a long way
Old 06-10-2015, 02:18 PM   #139
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
If you think this thread is stupid, wait until a Vittesse Throttle Controller comes out for the 6th gen.
what SP setting for a 4cyl, modded 4cyl, V6, modded V6, etc, etc...
Old 06-10-2015, 02:31 PM   #140
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Most all threads based on opinion are likely to go down the tubes really quick.. Like the What color should I buy? Or How do you like my stripes? And my favorites, How big a rim will fit?