Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
headgamez

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Blower Fan

Hello all,
I have had this intermittent squeaking issue with my blower motor for the HVAC system on the car. The dealership had "supposedly" replaced it, but the sound returned. Took the car back, the "supposedly" replaced the motor again, but now the sound is back. I am beginning to believe that they did no more than spray some WD or lubricant on it. This is really beginning to drive me crazy. I am now nearing the end of my warranty, and I am suspecting that Chevrolet won't cover it, even though it has been to the dealership multiple times.

Has anyone else had this issue with the HVAC blower motor going out so many times????

TIA,
Bill
headgamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Check and make sure they actually replaced it. Replacing it properly requires cutting out the original one and using screws to hold the new one in place. PDF of the instructions are in this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145646
Old 01-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #3
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
My HVAC fan squeaks too. It comes and goes though. It has been pretty quiet for the past couple of months and now it is starting to squeak again....barely.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by headgamez View Post
Hello all,
I have had this intermittent squeaking issue with my blower motor for the HVAC system on the car. The dealership had "supposedly" replaced it, but the sound returned. Took the car back, the "supposedly" replaced the motor again, but now the sound is back. I am beginning to believe that they did no more than spray some WD or lubricant on it. This is really beginning to drive me crazy. I am now nearing the end of my warranty, and I am suspecting that Chevrolet won't cover it, even though it has been to the dealership multiple times.

Has anyone else had this issue with the HVAC blower motor going out so many times????

TIA,
Bill
We apologize for the frustrations you are currently experiencing with your vehicle's blower motor. If you would like to provide me with your VIN, I can check to see what had been done with your vehicle. Also I can see if you have any applicable warranties. I look forward to your response.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 01-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
Superfly1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT #2197
I had this same issue 02/2011 on mine and had it replaced under warranty. Now that my warranty ran out in October 2012 it has started up again. It is actually worse than the first time. I am reluctant to buy another GM motor just to have the same issue in another 2 years. Thinking of riding it out until an aftermarket by another manufacturer is available.

CAI intake | OBX LT Headers | Flowmaster AT Exhaust | Trifecta Tune | SS Rear Diff, Axles & Driveshaft
Zex 100 Shot Nitrous | Konig Airstrike Wheels | Custom Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Underhood Bowtie
Eibach Springs & SS Sway Bars
| BMR Strut Brace | Drake Shifter | Vitesse Paddles | 13.26 @ 105.88 mph
Superfly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:56 PM   #6
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=250934&page=2
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote