Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 01-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
Thumbs down ******** gets a little too excited..

I started this thread about a new sub box I ordered: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271622

Steve at ******** must have thought I was taking shots at him because things escalated quickly..

Here is a few pics from my iphone of the thread before the comments got deleted.

I was previously considering their side amp mount but not anymore..
TheGhosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
yeah I see this thread getting deleted as well and someone getting banned..
Old 01-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #3
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Can I ask what the point of this thread is?

You haven't bought anything from Steve - and your previous posts indicate that you don't ever intend to buy anything from him either.

So why take screenshots and post them, if for the only reason being to drag him through the mud by referencing posts that no one can get the context of because they were deleted.

You're happy with your cheap sub box, do why bad mouth ********?
Old 01-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #4
TheGhosty

Because he crossed the line. I LOVE this forum and it has made owning my Camaro so much better! I just wanted to show off the box I found to other members and he told me and everyone else that I bought a piece of crap and everyone should buy his product. You saved what is left of my thread and told me if I had a problem to bring it here. I shouldn't get attacked for posting a cheaper product.. I thought most people would like more options. Had it been another member and not a vendor it would be a different story. I think he should get banned or suspended. Have I crossed the line as well? Feel free to PM me if you like.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #5
TheGhosty

Also he deleted his posts and cited reason: "stupid kids." As you could understand this pisses me off a little
Old 01-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #6
HubStep

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS
You know.... not that I condone him getting all pissy, but I kind of agree with him.

Screw the chinese and their cheap crap. In practically every metric they screw people over. One of the biggest problems is them using cheap/counterfeit/sub-spec electrolytics. The shit burns up, breaks, or mysteriously stops working because a shit resistor shorted and look your LED with it. I have a ton of LEDs on my car, several hundred actually (long clusters of individual cells) and I'd peg the failure rate at almost 30%. Unacceptable. I've had to send back for replacements so many times it makes me sick. This is from everyone that sells LED-based products (because the LEDs are all made in china, the vendors on here just repackage them as products. AAC and other companies don't actually make the LEDs). No one is safe. You take what should last 40,000+ hrs with no moving parts and they still somehow manage to screw it up.

Again he had no right to come after you, so he was still wrong. Don't mistake my words as trying to justify it. I just hope you understand how incalculably frustrating it is as an American manufacturer to be undercut by a shit product and have people buy theirs over yours because it's cheaper.

My Camaro with the Memphis Belle!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267316
HubStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #7
TheGhosty

Ya I understand how frustrating it could be but at the end of the day we are talking about a box. For someone on a tight budget this is just an option to consider. I am not saying my box it better, because it isn't. It's just cheaper, and so far it works great. It was the lack of professionalism that I thought was unacceptable. Although, if you take a look at the ******** website you will notice they lowered their prices. You have to respect a man who really wants your business.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #8
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
That was a little over the top for ******** to do, but look at the other side of it. He builds a quality solid product that can be had, albeit a much cheaper as in quality version.

For the uneducated individual not understanding the construction they are going to assume apples to apples and get the lower quality unit. If this were my everyday business encounter, I would be pissed too. It gets old quickly. Additionally Sub has developed items that the other providers do not, such as the harness kit ect. Given this and the comparison to a lower quality box, I think it adds up.

Now am I excusing Subs reaction, no but I can also very much understand it. You get what you pay for and I will always be a proponent of the ******** product. I for one would be very put out if he closes up shop even though I am now set up to build my own box. The other products the he had brought to market are so much more of a value add that I would continue to use him.

Cheers
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #9
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
This was wrong of them to do. It's a free market and people will buy based on quality while others price. You can't knock someone for wanting to go a different route than what you sell. I'm glad after seeing this I went local with my setup and not ********
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:06 PM   #10
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Yeah, it's capitalism and consumers have the freedom to choose who to do business with. Deal with it.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #11
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2015 Sierra Denali
So I see that several of you guys that are complaining about ******** haven't been around for very long. Since you have not, I will attempt to help you find some sympathy or empathy for Steve.

Steve has supported the 5th gen Camaro for a very long time. He is an innovator - the fark kit is something you would expect from Metra or Scosche - but no, it came from Steve. Steve has also helped us troubleshoot and solve problems with this P.O.S. Boston Audio system, whether we patronized him or not. He has gone out of his way (maybe not much, but it has occurred) in some situations to help members fix their problems.

What you may not have seen is that Steve has been attacked on the forums before. Many threads have been deleted, so you wouldn't see them. Often, people come to complain "I emailed Steve 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back - ******** sucks!!" He has had to come on the forums and defend himself way more than he should. He has done more for the Camaro audio enthusiast DIYer than anyone else I can think of.

He actually cares. He's a person - a man trying to run an honest business. I bought a single 15" Camaro box from him and when it got to me, I felt like I might have cheated him a little. The construction and interior acoustics of the box were second to none. The glue and caulking all looked to be done with great care, and the carpeting was a perfect match. It is possible - that when he sees someone buying a cheap, made in China, sub box - that he gets a bit upset because he has seen it all before. Could it be possible that he wants people to be happy with their car audio and not worried about whether their cheap box will hold up to the punishment we all enjoy dishing out?

Steve is a good guy. Get off your high horse and give him a chance. In the thread you quoted, he was called afraid of competition, unprofessional, and over aggressive - after you started with basically calling him overpriced.
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Exterior Mods * Black Phantom Grille * 22" T.I.S. 537MS wheels w/ Nitto INVO rubber * OEM body kit Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Mosconi 6to8v8 w/ RCD * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #12
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Be respectful of other members. That includes the professional aftermarket people that design and build stuff for your car! Many of these guys designed these products with their own bare hands and have more passion in these cars than you can imagine. They deserve a certain amount of respect just for trying to bring us products that never existed until they showed up.

If you have a complaint against our vendors here, you are entitled to respectfully post it, but please remember to be respectful! They didn't come here to be shot down for all their hard work!
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:11 PM   #13
TheGhosty

Hey, thanks for the well thought out responses. I had nothing against Steve from the beginning, I just could not justify so much money on a box. That is just me. I have been on his site and I am impressed with the harnesses he makes. My whole goal of the original thread was to show where a lower priced box could be found. I was not expecting a ******** response at all. When he did comment and was rude to me I was shocked. He was disrespectful to me. Because I am a newer member I do not require the same level of respect as older ones? He seems to have a large following on these forums. Maybe you are right, maybe he really is a good guy and had a bad day. But I should be able to post products without having to defend myself. That is what makes this site great. I have never seen Apex treat anyone this way.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:29 AM   #14
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Steve's comments have been deleted, your thread has been cleaned up. At this point, IMO, you're the one dragging it all out by keeping those screenshots posted.

Tags
negative, review, sub box, sub thump, subthump