Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-06-2009, 09:29 PM   #1
mrgoombatts

Drives: jeep srt8
SMOKERS, ASH TRAY CIGGARETTE LIGHTER. CARGO NET ,FLOOR MATS

Im curious my dealer charged me 50 dollars for a smokers package. I am not planiing on smoking in my camaro but just like the fact of having an ashtray and cigg lighter in the car. I am curious do all the camaros come with this option of ashtray and lighter or is it really AN extrA PACKAGE. ALSO DOES THE 2LT come with cargo net and floor mats.
mrgoombatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
I didn't even think a smokers package was available. Wouldn't think they'd put a lighter where the 12v power outlet is. The remainder of the package is usually just a ashray cup that fits in the cupholder. Nice $50 eh?

2LT does come with the net and front floor mats though

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:01 PM   #3
SLVRPHX
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro
"Front" Floor Mats are standard. Smokers Package is not standard and I don't ever recall seeing on the Chevy or GM websites. If you look at http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/ and search on part# 92237050 you'll find the smokers package which is described as "Contains Ashtray Muffin, Ashtray Retainer, Lighter, Lighter Housing, and Lighter Housing Retainer". GM Price is $50 and their price is $36.40.
4200: 7/24/09 | 6000: 8/6/09
SLVRPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:11 PM   #4
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Can you even buy a car anymore that has an ashtray as a standard item?
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #5
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
I would return the items and ask for your $50.00 back.. unless you do smoke.

Although.. that could be the RARE option no one else has...
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:38 PM   #6
rickerda

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
It appears this is what you get for $50
http://02c0c2a.netsolstores.com/inde...&ProdID=252987
rickerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:41 PM   #7
rjcamaro
312 HP

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
Can you even buy a car anymore that has an ashtray as a standard item?
Yes my 2007 Infiniti G35 came with ashtray and lighter. But I don't smoke. My car does but only when the tires are spinning.
rjcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:50 PM   #8
bigbone

Drives: 2007 CorvetteZ06 2009ChallengerSRT
if you smoke, just throw the butts out the window like most people and the guy behind you will catch them in his grill for you
bigbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:44 PM   #9
Hawkeye
I am Iron Man

Drives: LT M6
Mine came with the net, and the mats. I remember smoker package being an option. But no thanks. If someone wants to smoke and ride, they can ride in another car.

And on a side note, I'm really tired of people throwing their cig butts out their window in front of me and them come flying at my grill or hood. It drives me nuts and seems to happen every day. When I had a truck, I never noticed or cared, but with the Camaro, it irritates me to the end and back. If you must flick your butt out the window, at least do it hard enough so it makes it to the side of the road... its the people that have their window cracked and just slip them out are the ones where I have to see a flaming cig butt coming back at my brand new car that I worked my ass off to get
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:51 PM   #10
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbone View Post
if you smoke, just throw the butts out the window like most people and the guy behind you will catch them in his grill for you
There's an idea.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:13 PM   #11
CPanther95

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbone View Post
I always pitch my butts, never use an ashtray because it gets stale and stinks up the car. But a buddy of mine just got a ticket for throwing out a cigarette butt - $450 fine. Smoking a joint will get you a misdemeanor and a $250 fine.

CPanther95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:34 PM   #12
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post
I always pitch my butts, never use an ashtray because it gets stale and stinks up the car. But a buddy of mine just got a ticket for throwing out a cigarette butt - $450 fine. Smoking a joint will get you a misdemeanor and a $250 fine.

I wish they would do that around here....they could pay off the city's debt in a matter of weeks!!! The national debt would be paid off in no time!!!!!

It's about time we put a stop to this disgusting habit. Most people wouldn't throw a gum wrapper or drink can out their window....how is throwing a cig butt any different? Plus it's one of the biggest causes of woods fires around here!
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:56 PM   #13
first one

Drives: SSRS - black, GFX, SSX wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by acatlover13 View Post

I wish they would do that around here....they could pay off the city's debt in a matter of weeks!!! The national debt would be paid off in no time!!!!!

It's about time we put a stop to this disgusting habit. Most people wouldn't throw a gum wrapper or drink can out their window....how is throwing a cig butt any different? Plus it's one of the biggest causes of woods fires around here!
I agree with you that someone should get fined for throwing cigarettes out the window or littering. As for your statement, "It's about time we put a stop to this disgusting habit.", what right do you have to tell people what habits they can or cannot have? Should we put a stop to your disgusting habit of biting your fingernails or picking your nose? No! People know by now that cigarettes are bad, but so is stuffing your face with greasy potato chips and I'm sure you've done all of these. By the way, I do not smoke cigarettes.
first one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:06 PM   #14
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
Quote:
Originally Posted by first one View Post
I agree with you that someone should get fined for throwing cigarettes out the window or littering. As for your statement, "It's about time we put a stop to this disgusting habit.", what right do you have to tell people what habits they can or cannot have? Should we put a stop to your disgusting habit of biting your fingernails or picking your nose? No! People know by now that cigarettes are bad, but so is stuffing your face with greasy potato chips and I'm sure you've done all of these. By the way, I do not smoke cigarettes.
I didn't say that people have to stop smoking...although it is a disgusting habit that doesn't only affect the smokers, but all those around them as well...but the disgusting habit of throwing butts out the windows of cars....that should be fined and stopped. You can stop at any red light and find THOUSANDS of these things that take YEARS to bio degrade. So, yes..I stand by my statement of "disgusting." If someone has chosen to smoke, then they should be happy to keep it in the car with them, and not expose me, a non-smoker to their smoke or butts.

But for your information, I neither bite my nails nor pick my nose, and I'm not a huge fan of potato chips, but even if I did, that would affect only me, not the lungs or lives of others. However, that was never my point.
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote