Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-01-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Crazed man storms Discovery building

Crazed OCC fan storms Discovery building and demands Sr & Jr kiss and make up

Hope everyone is fine though.
So far it sounds like a nut with a purpose.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
If ya don't know, turn on the news, guy with a gun and a bomb strapped to his chest took over the Discovery building.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:59 PM   #3
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
No injuries or fatalities reported right now, but there were young children in the building as he (James Jay Lee) stormed it.

He wasn't and OCC fan though. He's an environmental extremist that had a list of demands on material aired on the network. Including what they reported as "Voluntary Human Extinction" or some such..

From NBC:

Quote:
SILVER SPRING, Md. — A gunman with an explosive device strapped to himself entered the Discovery Communications building in Silver Spring, Md., Tuesday afternoon and may have taken at least one person hostage, police said.

Montgomery County police Capt. Paul Starks said there may be other explosives in the building, but could not confirm reports that one or more shots had been fired.

People on the eight and ninth floors of the building in the close-in suburb of Washington were safely evacuated, as were children in the Discovery Kids Place day care center, police said.

Starks told msnbc TV that police knew of no confirmed injuries at the scene.

Law enforcement authorities said they were talking to the man, whom they identified as James Jay Lee, who is in his early 40s, a longtime protester at the building who sentenced to six months of supervised probation for disorderly conduct in March 2008.

“The good thing is we have the outside of the building secure, we’re talking with him, and he wants to talk with us,” Starks said.

‘The planet does not need humans’
Lee appears to have posted environmental and population-control demands online, saying humans are ruining the planet and that Discovery should develop programs to sound the alarm.

“I want Discovery Communications to broadcast on their channels to the world their new program lineup and I want proof they are doing so. I want the new shows started by asking the public for inventive solution ideas to save the planet and the remaining wildlife on it,”

The alleged manifesto reads, adding:

“Nothing is more important than saving ... the Lions, Tigers, Giraffes, Elephants, Froggies, Turtles, Apes, Raccoons, Beetles, Ants, Sharks, Bears, and, of course, the Squirrels. The humans? The planet does not need humans.”

Julienne Gage, who works in the building, told msnbc TV that she didn’t hear any shots fired. She described security at the building as including cameras, as well as a receptionist and a security guard at the front entrance.

Roads in the normally busy urban center at the intersection of Colesville Road and Georgia Avenue on the edge of Washington were closed and police cars and emergency vehicles blocked access. Witnesses said SWAT teams and law enforcement from several areas were at the scene.

“It’s pretty chaotic,” Tariq Warner, a photographer for NBC station WRC-TV, said on msnbc. He said a woman ran past him screaming.

Discovery Communications reaches about 1.5 billion subscribers in more than 180 countries with the Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Science Channel and Planet Green networks.
From Fox:

Quote:
Police in Maryland are responding to a hostage situation after reports that a man with a handgun entered the Discovery Channel headquarters building in Silver Spring and fired at least one shot.

An official with the Montgomery County Police Department confirmed to Fox News that a man with an explosive device is holding at least one person hostage in the lobby of the building.

A Discovery employee reportedly told WJLA-TV that the building, located in suburban Washington, D.C., was on lockdown. The employee also said she thought she had heard five or six gunshots.

Dan Friz, a spokesman with the Montgomery County Police Department, reportedly told the station that a tactical team is trying to communicate with the gunman.

Friz said police were initially dispatched to the building after a report of shots fired at approximately 1 p.m.

The suspect, identified by police as an Asian male, has "some sort of device on him that may be explosive in nature," Friz told the station.

Some witnesses reported that the man fired a shot before declaring, "Nobody is going anywhere," according to police.

Authorities have so far not confirmed how many shots were fired. Employees at the building were told to take cover in locked offices, according to local press accounts.

Children at a day care center located inside the Discovery Building were reportedly safely evacuated to a nearby McDonald's restaurant.

Discovery Communications LLC operates cable and satellite networks in the U.S. including The Discovery Channel, TLC and Animal Planet.
What a freak..

Mods, I'd say this thread might be a bit misleading now that some more facts have come to light. Title change?

Last edited by Zabo; 09-01-2010 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Clarification and quotes from NBC/Fox.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:39 PM   #4
rmnc3r

Drives: me up the wall.
‘The planet does not need humans’
Lee appears to have posted environmental and population-control demands online, saying humans are ruining the planet and that Discovery should develop programs to sound the alarm.

So why didn't he just voluntarily self destruct?
rmnc3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #5
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
The planet doesnt need humans, according to him. He could have harmed squirrels with that bomb!!

He should have simply put a shotgun in his mouth and exterminated himself. Change begins with one person, afterall

Seriously, he should have just killed himself.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:53 PM   #6
KnightRiderSS
Voodoo Medicine Man

Drives: Black 2SS with RS package
www.savetheplanetprotest.com/

Eat your babies, save the planet!
Old 09-01-2010, 03:00 PM   #7
jordan 572

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
If ya don't know, turn on the news, guy with a gun and a bomb strapped to his chest took over the Discovery building.
i didnt see anything about OCC.
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #8
rmnc3r

Drives: me up the wall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan 572 View Post
i didnt see anything about OCC.
...I think the OP's post title was just an attempt at levity.
rmnc3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:03 PM   #9
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
crazy baztard
Old 09-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #10
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Well, he is right that the planet doesn't need humans. In fact, it doesn't need any life on it at all. It existed for millions upon millions of years before any form of life existed here. And the planet will still be around after all life dies off within the next few billion years.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:29 PM   #11
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmnc3r View Post
...I think the OP's post title was just an attempt at levity.
Kinda and since the nuts jobs main focus is The Discovery Channel, them running OCC re-runs from noon to 4pm daily, had to of helped push him over the edge.

A good solid month plus of daily 4hrs SR rants in his brain.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:29 PM   #12
Eric's Blue

Drives: Cybergray 1SS
“Nothing is more important than saving ... the Lions, Tigers, Giraffes, Elephants, Froggies, Turtles, Apes, Raccoons, Beetles, Ants, Sharks, Bears, and, of course, the Squirrels. The humans? The planet does not need humans.”

The population of squirrels is now dwindling to a new near extinction level of somewhere in the billions. We need to consider building more habitats for them. Like city parks and residential neighborhoods. Apparently the 20 or so in my backyard is not enough, I need to work to put at least 40 back there if they are to survive.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:34 PM   #13
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric's Blue View Post
“Nothing is more important than saving ... the Lions, Tigers, Giraffes, Elephants, Froggies, Turtles, Apes, Raccoons, Beetles, Ants, Sharks, Bears, Squirrelsand, of course, the cats. The dead cat thread on C5 must be deleted. The humans? The planet does not need humans.”

Old 09-01-2010, 03:59 PM   #14
Eric's Blue

Drives: Cybergray 1SS
and, of course, the Squirrels